PDA

View Full Version : Diet n Cutting Advice...

Grendal
12-05-2001, 10:58 AM
I am attempting to go on a cutting diet.. Now I know i'm a light bastard, so getting huge isn't my main goal. I merely want to cut up, and have abs.

I am 155, at about 13%bf. I am 5'8.

I work out 3 times a week...

Back/Bic Day
Cardio Day
Chest/Tri
Rest
Cardio Day
Legs/Shoulders
Cardio Day

My Cardio is 30mins on an elliptical. Debating rather to bump it up more or not.

Anyways... heres the plan.. wondered if some of you would tear this diet apart, tell me what to change, or whats good, etc...

Someone suggested I try having 3 days where my carbs come from Potato's / Oats... and 3 days where its veggies only, and cycle going back and forth.. whats your take on that?

As of now I am not on any supplements accept Glutamine, although I will probably purchase some Xenadrine once my bf gets a little lower. Would Creatine help my cutting efforts?

Meal 1
20oz Water
8oz Milk
Oatmeal
4 HB Egg Whites
1 HB Egg w. Yolk

Meal 2
20oz Water
Protein Shake
- w. Glutamine

Meal 3
20oz Water
1 Chicken Breast
1 Sweet Potato
Spear of Brocolli

Meal 4
20oz Water
Protein Shake
- w. Glutamine

Meal 5
20oz Water
1 Chicken Breast
1 Sweet Potato
Spear of Brocolli

**Workout**

Meal 6
20oz Water
Protein Shake

**Bed**

Tryska
12-05-2001, 11:01 AM
dig that name man...how's your mom? hee hee...

anyways..so far your diet looks good...what's the macro breakdwon on that? you might want to add some EFAs in as well.

Grendal
12-05-2001, 11:37 AM
Mom's fine... and don't believe those rumors about Beowulf kick'n my a$$, I really laid the smack down on him :P

Breakdown (Not 100% accurate)
Total Calories 1949
Protein 158.5
Carbs 150

Not sure on fats... whatever is in the Chicken Breasts and Protein Shakes...

I know a lot of ppl would say that 2000 calories might be a bit low, but I figure with my body weight (not much) its probably dead on.

My goal is to hit bout 8% or so... I really would love it, if someone could possibly give me an estimate (time frame) on how long to go from roughly 13% to 8% would be, if I stick to this diet like glue!

I have no problem holding to a diet 100%... But would throwing in a cheat day be beneficial as a metabolism boost? or if one has the willpower to just NOT deviate from the diet, is that better that taking a cheat day?