PDA

View Full Version : How bad is my diet?

b1982
05-10-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm 5'7 3/4", about 152 pounds. Im content w/ my size...except my legs, which I need to work on cuz i always neglect them...so thats why my bodyweight is lower than what I appear to be...plus my bone structure is a lil smaller.

anyways, my goals are to maintain this size and increase strength while leaning up. i currently do AM cardio sessions about 3-4 times a week and I lift about 3-4 days a week, the 4th day depending on whether i do legs or not.

basically i cant keep a disciplined diet cuz i never really know what im doing...here's my typical daily diet plan:

Morning: bowl of cereal (fiber one), 1 whey protein shake (about 40g)
Lunch: 1 sliced turkey sandwich w/ wheat bread (about 20g protein), 1 granola bar or similar snack
Dinner: good portion of rice plus various meat dishes prepared by mom, ranging from teriyaki chicken to stiry fry...lots of veggies as well
snacks in between meals: usually celery, triscuit cracks, although i try to incorporate tuna

tryin to drink boatloads of water throughout the day too...hwo can i tweak this so that i dont have to make any drastic changes?

Unholy
05-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Put some Peanut butter and cottage cheese in there. Also try to have some eggwhites or whole eggs

And eat to your hearts content.

TheGimp
05-10-2005, 11:15 AM
That's a very exact height measurement :)

Sounds like all you need to do is eat more.

EDIT: and some more fat content wouldn't go amiss.

b1982
05-10-2005, 11:25 AM
That's a very exact height measurement :)

Sounds like all you need to do is eat more.

EDIT: and some more fat content wouldn't go amiss.

yea i do need to eat more...specifically with the in between meals...

i just dont want to counteract my gettin lean plan...doin the AM cardio..and i plan to start doin some HIIT 2x a week or so...

so i dont wanna just intake massive carbs and fat...any suggestions?

Unholy
05-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Eat more lean protein sources but you need fats and complex carbs in yoru diet.

b1982
05-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Eat more lean protein sources but you need fats and complex carbs in yoru diet.

any suggestions for specific foods/meals that incorporate the aforementioned lean protein, "good" fats and complex carbs?

Unholy
05-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Fish Oil caps, Natural Peanut butter, olive oil. for fats

Tuna, turkey, chicken, cottage cheese, lean red meat. for protein

Brown Rice whole wheat bread and bagels, baked potatoes for complex carbs

b1982
05-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Fish Oil caps, Natural Peanut butter, olive oil. for fats

Tuna, turkey, chicken, cottage cheese, lean red meat. for protein

Brown Rice whole wheat bread and bagels, baked potatoes for complex carbs

this may be a silly question, but just something ia lways wondered but never really asked about...how do u eat cottage cheese? just scoop that stuff right out the container?

spencerjrus
05-10-2005, 12:05 PM
this may be a silly question, but just something ia lways wondered but never really asked about...how do u eat cottage cheese? just scoop that stuff right out the container?

Or you can mix it with something, its delicious either way.

Unholy
05-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Personally i like it plain, You can add plenda cinnamon and raisins. Very good like that. you can also put in diced up tomato and a bit of salt. Its really up to whatever floats your boat.