PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Scared

Milo
05-10-2005, 02:52 PM
well i do concrete(labor mostly...so that pretty much means picking up heavy steel digging all day alot of physical work) for a good 7-8 hours a day..than i have to go to the gym and lift weights brings me to a question overtraining the muscles...do any of you think the same

Isaac Wilkins
05-10-2005, 02:55 PM
You can still lift, especially once you get in shape/used to the concrete job.

Chances are you're going to have to eat like a horse.

Keep your weight room volume on the lower side and sleep as much as possible.

leanmuscle
05-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah it's going to be hard to keep muscle working as hard as you do and then going to the gym also, you are going to have to eat a lot through out the day. Eat like every 2-3 hours and try taking in 30-40 grams of protein and since you are so active I'd take in about 50-60 grams of carbs in those meals as well, you are gonna need good complex carbs that stay with you for the needed energy to lift and work.

WBBIRL
05-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Yea just dont over do anything, if you feel tired in the gym dont push yourself so hard. Dont over exert yourself and get AT LEAST 8 hours of sleep every day. Dont train and try to relax on the weekends.

Milo
05-10-2005, 04:28 PM
def..got to suck it up...imagine 90 + degree weather al day and trying to stuff your face lol...bah stop sounding like pansy milo!! its hard eating when your doing hard labor you lose alof of your appetite and 8 hours a sleep at night is do able i guess ..if i tell all my friends to f off and not come ovre and bug me all night long =) thx for the advice much appreciated

Dedicated
05-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Yea I used to do concrete. Just make sure you get plenty of sleep and eat alot.

CarlP
05-10-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm in a similar position. I'm a mechanic, so I stay active all day in the heat. If it weren't for that, I could eat a whole lot less and gain weight. I drink shakes or eat a meal every 2 to 3 hours. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Everyone always says they would love to have my metabolism, I say take it, I'm tired of this ****.

Shao-LiN
05-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Listen to your body. If you stall, or plateau quickly, or even worse, get injured, then maybe your muscles are getting overtrained.