PDA

View Full Version : How to formulate a nutritional plan

tyrtlpwr
05-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Since I'm new to the board and serious body makeover what kind of diet should I be looking at?

I'm 5'6", 165lbs, 25% body fat my goal is to become a lean pumped 175lbs 15% bodyfat.

Shouild I be targeting a more carb cutting diet or protein intake diet? Also how important is it to be taking Multi vitamins? One thing more. How strict are all of you on your diets?? Thanks in advance!

Built
05-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi

Read about how I diet in my sig, and read the stickies.

Welcome, and good luck!

:)

tyrtlpwr
05-11-2005, 12:00 AM
WOW WOW WOW, Awesome pics! I was wondering do you take all those supplements and eat all those meals and still look like that? Do you use a scale to measure your food? Who are you so precise with your calculations? Sorry so many question. Its just...... WOW! Keep it up girl.

Built
05-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks hon.

Yes, I weigh my food with a digital scale - I'm cutting right now, so I have to be very careful with the portion control. Bulking, I'm more relaxed.

And yes, I take all those supplements LOL! It's not that bad. I trickle in a few every meal.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-11-2005, 12:25 AM
I just viewed some of your pics, Built. You're not only beautiful, but incredibly sculpted. Seems like you know what you're doing. Keep up the good work. ;)

I need to get myself a digital scale as well.

AKraut
05-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I only posted in this thread to concur that Built is gorgeous...

Anyways,
The concensus here is that dieting is much more efficient when broken up into 'bulk' and 'cut' phases. Bulking is simply caloric surplus, and cutting is caloric deficit. If you are new to training and eating good then you will most likely gain muscle and lose fat at the same time provided you are training and eating enough protein. I just recommend choosing to either bulk first to put some muscle on your frame or cut some of your bf since 25% is higher than you want and gaining bodyfat along with muscle is usually inevitable.

_8_Ball
05-11-2005, 10:32 AM
I just replied of this thread because of Built!

Don't worry about the whole cut / bulk phases right now... just go with the basics...

- Calorie deficit
- 5-6 meals/shakes a day... beef, eggs, chicken, good carbs and healthy fats...
- cardio
- 3 - 4 day workout split using basic excercises
- as much rest as you can... you don't grow in the gym.... remember that...

Don't worry about messuring everything at this stage... if you make things to restrictive or to time consuming you won't stick with it...

Just start off slow... consistency is more important then getting everything right for a week then falling off the wagon because it's to hard on you...

tyrtlpwr
05-11-2005, 11:33 AM
So eating 5-6 meals a day wont make me fatter. I just have to watch my carb intake and workout right?

Built
05-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Calories. Watch your calories.

You'll get fatter if your cals are too high. You'll feel HUNGRIER on higher carbs.

shansen008
05-11-2005, 01:31 PM
So eating 5-6 meals a day wont make me fatter. I just have to watch my carb intake and workout right?

You could eat 100 meals a day and not get fatter, what people are trying to tell you is that number of meals dont matter. Total calories are what matters.

6 Meals @ 500cal/meal = 3000cals

3 meals @ 1000cal/meal = 3000cals

If you need 2500 to maintain your current mass, then eating either way above will get you a steady gain of 1lb/week of a combination of muscle and fat.....depending on how your macros are broken down and how "cleanly" you ate. Eat more than you burn and youll gain weight, and vice versa.