PDA

View Full Version : How much protein on non workout days?

eddie500
05-12-2005, 01:07 AM
I'm trying to mass gain. So my question is, do I need less protein on my non-workout days? LIke the day after I workout and do nothing?

Reason is, is becuase if I don't need all the protein than I can save a little bit of money.

getfit
05-12-2005, 01:21 AM
less? no!

CarlP
05-12-2005, 06:28 AM
If you're trying to gain mass, EAT! Your body is repairing its muscles during your rest days too. Give it some protein to do it with.

Shao-LiN
05-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Just because you aren't lifting doesn't mean your body doesn't need the protein. Your muscles are still repairing on your rest days too, you know.

AzBboy
05-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Yea, by all means, eat protein every few hours to remain in a positive nitrogen balance if you wish to be in an anabolic state

Drai's
05-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Just because you aren't lifting doesn't mean your body doesn't need the protein. Your muscles are still repairing on your rest days too, you know.

:withstupi

Stackattack
05-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Keep your protien intake the same. The only thing you might want to fluctuate between training and non training days is carbs, but then again if your bulking you probably shouldn't do that either.

trfe
05-12-2005, 09:31 AM
A friend told me you piss out protein every 3 hours...it sounded kind of fishy to me. Has anyone heard this or is it the BS i think it is?

smalls
05-12-2005, 01:25 PM
It is most certainly BS. Do a search, it's been discussed many times. Kill your friend.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Sure you piss out protein on occasion...but just the crap your body didn't use...and you piss out everything else your body didn't use as well. That's kind of how pissing works. So piss away!...just not in the wind.

smalls
05-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Sure you piss out protein on occasion...but just the crap your body didn't use...and you piss out everything else your body didn't use as well. That's kind of how pissing works. So piss away!...just not in the wind.

Please explain to me how protein passes through the kidneys, or how the body would waste so much of the nutrients you take in. Do so in a scientifically corect way, not just spouting off your personal opinion. You are beyond mistaken.
If you are pissing away protein, your body is not functioning correctly.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-12-2005, 02:30 PM
I didn't say that you piss away an insane amount of protein. I didn't word that correctly. I just mean that you naturally piss away whatever your body doesn't use. And I was trying to be facetious, but I failed. :( If you have too much protein in your urine, then obviously you should seek medical attention. I just meant a very small amount gets filtered through the kidneys. Calm down.

smalls
05-12-2005, 03:19 PM
I didn't say that you piss away an insane amount of protein. I didn't word that correctly. I just mean that you naturally piss away whatever your body doesn't use. And I was trying to be facetious, but I failed. :( If you have too much protein in your urine, then obviously you should seek medical attention. I just meant a very small amount gets filtered through the kidneys. Calm down.

I am, as always, calm. Your still wording your statements poorly. Saying you piss away what you dont use may make people think if you get excess nutrients your body wont use them and pisses them away. Which is wrong. The body is very efficienct and does not waste what you give it. If your kidneys are functioning properly NO protein is being filtered through them.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-12-2005, 03:29 PM
I am, as always, calm. Your still wording your statements poorly. Saying you piss away what you dont use may make people think if you get excess nutrients your body wont use them and pisses them away. Which is wrong. The body is very efficienct and does not waste what you give it. If your kidneys are functioning properly NO protein is being filtered through them.
Ahhh!! Ya know...you're right. If any protein gets into the urine, something is wrong with your kidneys. The kidneys filter your blood, but leave the protein. :windup: <----- for myself.

Yeah...sorry for the wording.

smalls
05-12-2005, 04:32 PM
No problem, glad we got it cleared up. Also thanks for not taking my statements too harshly.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Also thanks for not taking my statements too harshly.No problem. :)

bodybuilderdw
05-13-2005, 08:32 PM
only thing i do on non lifting days is take the post workout drink out of my plan

Shao-LiN
05-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Then replace it with whole food.