PDA

View Full Version : body fat scales

b1982
05-12-2005, 11:01 AM
does anyone own one of those scales that measure your body fat and water content?

is this stuff the slightest bit effective and if so, can anyone recommend a specific scale that they think is useful and worthy of buying?

thanks!

Max-Mex
05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Tanita. Do a search for this topic. It has been discussed before.

Unholy
05-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Heys, no scale will be as accurate as a 13 dollar set of calipers.

Max-Mex
05-12-2005, 01:18 PM
The number doesn't matter overall (scale, calipers, water submersion). The number only matters if it goes down or up. People get too bent outta shape as to which is more accurate. If you look cut, who cares what bf% you are at. The number isn't going to make it more impressive. Looking shredded will.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-12-2005, 02:17 PM
The number isn't going to make it more impressive. Looking shredded will.
The mirror is your friend.

EJFan
05-12-2005, 08:57 PM
The number doesn't matter overall (scale, calipers, water submersion). The number only matters if it goes down or up. People get too bent outta shape as to which is more accurate. If you look cut, who cares what bf% you are at. The number isn't going to make it more impressive. Looking shredded will.

yup.

i have a BF scale and it even said in the instructions that the measurement may differ between various methods but that any CHANGE would be equal to change observed using any other method.

Ironminded
05-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Yup Yup- What everyone else said.

The important thing isn't accuracy, but precision. Accuracy is how close to true you get, while precision is how close the results are to each other [not exactly correct but I think the idea is there]. As long as you are always measuring the same why the difference you see from month to month or week to week, should be what matters.

MnM
05-13-2005, 11:43 AM
:withstupi

as long as your progressing who cares what the actual number is

spanky33
05-13-2005, 10:52 PM
my tanita is pissing me the **** off. i've been bulking for a while. I know you're supposed to only look at the change and not the actual number, but when i look at the change, it says that all my weight gain has been fat. 100% . that's ****ing impossible!! LOL. The change has been something like 3-4%. And my weight has increased the same amount. Dont know what to take from it.