PDA

View Full Version : Question for people who eat brown rice more than once a day.

intensity
05-12-2005, 03:26 PM
If you eat brown rice more than once a day, how do you do it? Do you spend 45 minutes cooking it each different time you eat it during the course of a day? Or, do you cook a day's worth at one time and refrigerate it and then warm up each serving in the microwave each time you eat it? Just curious...

Also, would there be anything bad about cooking a large amount of brown rice and keeping it in the fridge and eating it over the course of a day or maybe 2 days? Basically, would the cooking, then refrigerating, and then microwaving take away from the brown rice somehow... nutritionally?

Thanks in advance.

getfit
05-12-2005, 03:39 PM
i usually eat rice about 3 times a week i'll cook just the amount i need i don't cook large amounts i rather eat it freshly cooked :)

EJFan
05-12-2005, 08:55 PM
i cook a week's worth on the weekend and eat it during the week... usually a double batch, eaten a cup at a time.

dissipate
05-12-2005, 09:57 PM
i eat brown rice everyday so i cook a big pot when i need more, take whatever i need for the day and put the rest in the fridge. next day i take the amount i need from the fridge, microwave and eat.

Shao-LiN
05-12-2005, 09:59 PM
If you eat brown rice more than once a day, how do you do it? Do you spend 45 minutes cooking it each different time you eat it during the course of a day? Or, do you cook a day's worth at one time and refrigerate it and then warm up each serving in the microwave each time you eat it? Just curious...

Also, would there be anything bad about cooking a large amount of brown rice and keeping it in the fridge and eating it over the course of a day or maybe 2 days? Basically, would the cooking, then refrigerating, and then microwaving take away from the brown rice somehow... nutritionally?

Thanks in advance.

Put lots in rice cooker, let it cook, pop it in the fridge and take what you need when you need it. Run out? Start over from beginning.