PDA

View Full Version : beef rib eye steak nutrition info

AzBboy
05-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi, does anyone know the nutrition info for beef rib eye steak? I hate meats, they are NEVER labeled, and I always avoid buying em cus of this. I tried fitday aka crapday, but beef rib eye steak shows no results. Any help? Thank you

Jabberwocky
05-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Depends on how much the weight of the cut is.

Ribeyes have alot of fat, like alot. I can guess on leaner cuts of meat, but ribeyes hard to guess.

canadianbuilder
05-13-2005, 09:55 PM
You might beable to find it here:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/nutrientfood.php?food=1300

Ironminded
05-13-2005, 11:45 PM
You don't want to know the info!! Trust me, I have talked to a bunch of butchers and they all agree, the Ribeye is one of the fattiest cuts out there tuttut , above even a T-bone or Porterhouse. If you are looking for a cheat day meal go for it, but if you are thinking this is something you might eat on a regular basis, find something else.

Fillets are good, and even a New York steak is significantly less fatty.

On a side note; I just finished a delicious 1.25 lbs ribeye for my cheat day this week and it was great. :drooling: :evillaugh I feel like one of those Boa's or Anacondas that eat deer and then just lie there with this huge piece of meat in their guts for six months.

AzBboy
05-14-2005, 12:05 AM
doh! i KNEW i shoulda never bought anything that didnt have the nutrition label on it. Problem is, most of the meats over here are never labeled. I think i found the nutrition info : 3 oz ribeye contains : 19g f 0 carb 21 pro. Most every webpage said somethin different tho. Thank you for all your replys! p.s. yea that is a sh*tload of fat for 3oz dammmm

Darcy Tucker
08-15-2007, 09:33 PM
haha I'm having this problem right now too..because there is so much variance in the sights and I want to know the info from frozen.

Stumprrp
08-15-2007, 11:22 PM
what is wrong with a rib eye steak??? if you are bulking you should be eating 2!! even on a cut, there is nothing wrong, it has more fat big deal, im sure a majority is healthy.

Clifford Gillmore
08-16-2007, 05:50 AM
I agree with rob. Your all idiots.

sharkall2003
08-16-2007, 06:54 AM
I agree with Rob and Risk. While I've been on my cut I've lost 18 lbs and a week after I started I went to Prime Quarter Steak House and had a rib-eye, salad, water, and some other good stuff!

I think too many people get caught up in the "too much fat". Having a little more fat than usual to enjoy a meal is well worth it.

Alex.V
08-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Your all idiots.

You're.

Sorry, pet peeve.

Anyway, stick to NY strip and tenderloin. Better cuts anyway.

sharkall2003
08-16-2007, 08:09 AM
You're.

Sorry, pet peeve.

Anyway, stick to NY strip and tenderloin. Better cuts anyway.

I, personally, think NY Strip is not that good. I don't mind tenderloin, however. Great stuff! If I'm being cost-effective then I prefer to purchase sirloin. I've never had filet mignon, but a few people I go out to eat with seem to like it.

Alex.V
08-16-2007, 08:17 AM
I, personally, think NY Strip is not that good..

You're wrong.

I know, they say opinions can't be wrong.

That's wrong too.

Filet mignon is just tenderloin in bacon.

Stumprrp
08-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Wrong belial, every resturant i go to filet mignon is just that, a steak.

NY strips suck, i havent had a good one of those in years, im always happy with a top sirloin or Tbone.

Questor
08-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Mmmmm, steak.... :drooling:

monkeyarms
08-16-2007, 08:43 AM
NY strips suck, i havent had a good one of those in years, im always happy with a top sirloin or Tbone.

If you like t-bones, you should like ny strips: A T-Bone is a NY strip + a filet.

I like ribeye's the best because they have the most fat, and that's where a steak gets all of it's flavor. Although any steak is good if it's prime, or even choice because of the increased fat marbling.

Last thing: filet mignon = sliced tenderloin...it doesn't have to be wrapped in bacon.

Alex.V
08-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Wrong belial, every resturant i go to filet mignon is just that, a steak.

Actually, no, you're wrong.

"Filet mignon" technically means "fine filet" in French, and is used to refer to a pork cut over there. In the United States, "Filet Mignon" has become an accepted synonym for the tenderloin cut of meat, but when originally coined, referred particularly to a specific preparation of tenderloin that involved a bacon wrapping.

And actually one could argue that we're ALL wrong, since the names for various cuts of steaks vary tremendously by region, even more so by country.

So this is a chance for all of us to get irritable and pretend we're smarter than everyone else.

Stumprrp
08-16-2007, 09:01 AM
it seems when i get a high end t bone the NY strip side is much better then when i get a regular strip, could be me, then again the last T bone i had was from ruths chrises and was incredible.

monkeyarms
08-16-2007, 09:39 AM
yeah - anything from ruth's chris is awesome. I got a 15oz kobe strip steak a couple weeks ago that was killer. Regarding the t-bone/ny strip thing: any steak with a bone in it will taste a little better than without - a bone-in ribeye is the ultimate for me.

And actually one could argue that we're ALL wrong, since the names for various cuts of steaks vary tremendously by region, even more so by country.

Where I live we call a strip steak a KC Strip (Kansas City Strip), not a NY Strip :smoke:

Stumprrp
08-16-2007, 10:19 AM
ive never had a bone in rib eye, i see them at texas roadhouse all the time and im tempted but always go for the sirloin

SpecialK
08-16-2007, 10:35 AM
what is wrong with a rib eye steak??? if you are bulking you should be eating 2!! even on a cut, there is nothing wrong, it has more fat big deal, im sure a majority is healthy.

Doubtful - most of it is saturated.

I think some people on here think ALL fat is healthy. "I'm adding some whipping cream to my shake today to get more cals. I know it has a ton of fat, but I'm sure it's all healthy."

Just because you lift weights and bulk doesn't mean general concepts of good health and nutrition don't apply. Your arteries can still get clogged just like everyone else's.

Having said that, steak is probably my favorite food.

Stumprrp
08-16-2007, 10:38 AM
who are you refering to? i hope your not talking to me...because i sure as hell know whats good and whats bad, i just dont follow it as strict as most of you.

my point is if the OP wants to eat a rib eye as part of his diet, he can go right ahead. his arteries wont get clogged.

RhodeHouse
08-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Arnoild ate bacon and eggs, drank beer, ate steak, smoked hash - sign me up for some steak and pot! All of the old bodybuilders and strongmen ate steak, eggs, whole milk. It worked for them. It'll work for us.

Mmmmmmmm, steak

I think for beef, chicken, fish, pork - it's about 7 grams per cooked oz. Steak is usually a little bit higher in the protein department. I personally don't care about the fat category.

Bulls have big necks - I eat bull

SpecialK
08-16-2007, 12:02 PM
who are you refering to? i hope your not talking to me...because i sure as hell know whats good and whats bad, i just dont follow it as strict as most of you.

my point is if the OP wants to eat a rib eye as part of his diet, he can go right ahead. his arteries wont get clogged.

Nah, I didn't mean you specifically.

Darcy Tucker
08-16-2007, 03:16 PM
From what I've seen at the Keg website. A cooked boneless ribeye of 9 ounces is around 792 calories, 58 grams of fat, and 41 grams of protein. Does this sound around right to you?

monkeyarms
08-16-2007, 03:31 PM
From what I've seen at the Keg website. A cooked boneless ribeye of 9 ounces is around 792 calories, 58 grams of fat, and 41 grams of protein. Does this sound around right to you?

Determining the amount of fat is going to be tricky on a ribeye because it typically has a lot of fat around the outside and middle that most people normally cut off after cooking it....more so than any other steak.

Stumprrp
08-16-2007, 05:12 PM
yeah and some fat burns off when cooking, id say after cutting off and burning off its around 25-30 grams.

SDS
08-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Elk is the best

Clifford Gillmore
08-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Filet mignon is just tenderloin in bacon.

Correct. You can also do chicken Mignon with a thigh fillet if your good.

Sorry, my grammar is terrible. I'm uneducated and was raised by a pack of ravenous crack-whores.

Stumprrp
08-17-2007, 11:14 AM
risky are you just a butcher or a gourmet chef as well?

Clifford Gillmore
08-18-2007, 05:06 AM
Gourmet Butcher/Cook. I'm not as fast as a chef or as good at displaying cooked meals, but I can do everything else inbetween.

Stumprrp
08-18-2007, 08:36 AM
sick man, i love cooking if i cant make it with coaching i want to be a chef..

i impressed alot of my friends at the beach house with my dinners, one night i sautaed (sp) some peppers and onions in OO with spices until soft, then fryed some shrimp in OO with salt+pepper, served it all together with melted butter, hey man i didnt have much to work with but it was damn good!

Clifford Gillmore
08-18-2007, 09:06 AM
I'd pick one or the other Rob. You don't want to be struggling to make ends meet at either job, and you have to dedicate alot of time to either profession. I'm not sure how long a chef's apprenticeship is in America, but its about 4 years here - And you'd only be stratching the surface with basic stuff!

Stumprrp
08-18-2007, 09:47 AM
oh being a strength coach is my number one profession, im saying id like to be one on the side or go to school again while working.