PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys eat so many calories?

Mad Max
05-14-2005, 03:12 PM
6000, 7000, how the hell do you manage?
I struggle to get 4000 tops, and I weigh 200 pounds @ 9% body fat (I'm 6'4").

Shao-LiN
05-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Shakes are wondrous things.

getfit
05-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Shakes are wondrous things.
yup! shakes and extra amounts of pb! :angel:

the one
05-14-2005, 04:24 PM
lots of shakes, and like getfit said pb. often times i eat till absolutley full, then add in a scoop of pb at the end. do that 2x a day, thats like an extra 400kcals/day 2800/week. plus i dont do the "clean" bulk. i eat pizza, burgers, etc.

SkinnySadMan
05-14-2005, 08:33 PM
As my name implies I struggle to get 2500-3000 :o

I find it hard to eat in the morning, Unless I wake up an extra hour just to give me that extra hour of sitting infront of my kitchen table. Could be just a psychcological thing, your brain tells you that you're already full but your stomach can still handle more food!

smalls
05-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Shakes really do help. I've done 5000+ with mostly solid food in the past and I've done 6200+ with shakes more recently. You learn ways to get it done, you also learn to hate food. At least I do.
And skinnysadman, why the long face? lol. I can sympathize with you about sitting in front of your food. I do that quite often especially with my last meal. I'm so bloated and full it hurts but I'll just stare at it and talk myself into eating it. Also never listen to your body when it comes to bulking it's damn liar. Just get your cals in regardless.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Also never listen to your body when it comes to bulking it's damn liar. Just get your cals in regardless.It can be tough at times, that's for sure.

Shakes really do help. I've done 5000+ with mostly solid food in the past and I've done 6200+ with shakes more recently. You learn ways to get it done, you also learn to hate food.When I mix up the right ingredients, I can get 1000+ calories out of 16 oz. shake...all while tasting good at the same time. :) I don't mind stuffing my face, because I'm a big fan of food. I don't know what I'd do without it. If I miss a meal, I freak out. o_O

HILL
05-15-2005, 02:19 AM
force feeding put me off food and when i was younger i was a real big fatty now i dnt even crave for pizza or mcdonalds any more this is good overall but i miss nice fatty tasting food sometimes. shakes are what makes most of my day now fast and effective.

spencerjrus
05-15-2005, 02:43 AM
2 gallons of whole milk a day.

Mad Max
05-15-2005, 06:47 AM
Aaaaah shakes. Well there's my problem. Firstly whey is too expensive for me to eat too much of. Secondly too much whey gives me spots. I used to eat 120g of whey a day, but started getting bad acne (I'm only 20), so I cut back to just 50g a day, and the acne cleared up. They were good for bulking I guess, hardly made a dent in my hunger, meaning I could have loads. So I've since tried to make up for the loss in calories by eating more eggs and PB, but simply don't have the appetite.
Well at least I get to keep my six pack, even if I do have to bulk slowly.

thajeepster
05-15-2005, 11:20 AM

I find it hard to eat in the morning, Unless I wake up an extra hour just to give me that extra hour of sitting infront of my kitchen table. Could be just a psychcological thing, your brain tells you that you're already full but your stomach can still handle more food!

Im the same way bro, however, breakfast is the one meal when i really can cram it down... i love my protein pancakes, and my omelets... i'd eat them all day long if I could.

Drai's
05-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Aaaaah shakes. Well there's my problem. Firstly whey is too expensive for me to eat too much of.

When people say shakes they don't necessarily mean protein powder. A shake can consist of pretty much anything, and you just blend it all together. That's how people are getting 1000+ calorie shakes. A scoop or two of whey is only 100-200 cals.

Den Fisher
05-15-2005, 03:48 PM
2 gallons of whole milk a day.

you go through that much a day? o.O

Mad Max
05-15-2005, 03:59 PM
When people say shakes they don't necessarily mean protein powder. A shake can consist of pretty much anything, and you just blend it all together. That's how people are getting 1000+ calorie shakes. A scoop or two of whey is only 100-200 cals.

Yeah, thinking about it, you guys must have been referring to more than just protein shakes. A typical whey shake doesn't contain much.
But what can you put in a shake then, tuna, nuts???? Sorry I have no imagination.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-15-2005, 03:59 PM
2 gallons of whole milk a day.Isn't that bad for your body?

CiteCollegiale
05-15-2005, 04:18 PM
mad mex do a search for weight gainer shakes

Built
05-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Isn't that bad for your body?

Why would it be bad for your body on a bulk?

spencerjrus
05-15-2005, 06:04 PM
you go through that much a day? o.O

Yes, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more.

Isn't that bad for your body?

I've been doing it for months and I feel healthy as a horse, no one has been able to give me sufficient reason to be worried about any side effects and I have seen none myself, so Im gonna keep doing it.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-15-2005, 07:33 PM
I've been doing it for months and I feel healthy as a horse, no one has been able to give me sufficient reason to be worried about any side effects and I have seen none myself, so Im gonna keep doing it.
Sounds like a good plan to me. ;) But milk is expensive these days.

Wild Cat McCane
05-15-2005, 09:20 PM
possiblity of getting to much iron or calcium...?

From my understanding iron is the one thing (in males) that you can get to much of.

spanky33
05-15-2005, 10:49 PM
dietary iron is usually not a problem. it's when you start loading up on iron in the form of supplements when you can run into problems.

spencerjrus
05-16-2005, 01:46 AM

$3.25 per half gallon of horizon is what I buy.

smalls
05-16-2005, 02:37 AM
DIZAM, where do you live bro. I get a gallon for $1.99. I am also a milk drinker, but props on 2 gallons of whole a day, that's impressive.

spencerjrus
05-16-2005, 12:17 PM
DIZAM, where do you live bro. I get a gallon for $1.99. I am also a milk drinker, but props on 2 gallons of whole a day, that's impressive.

San Diego, it's probably so expensive because its one of the premium organic brands, but I've become addicted to it and I much prefer it over any other kind of milk.

Max-Mex
05-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah, thinking about it, you guys must have been referring to more than just protein shakes. A typical whey shake doesn't contain much.
But what can you put in a shake then, tuna, nuts???? Sorry I have no imagination.

Milk, fruit, oats, olive oil, whey powder, etc. Not those exact ingredients at once, but some can be combined to make some very tasty shakes.

Max-Mex
05-16-2005, 12:22 PM

Yea it is. It's crazy how much a gallon costs today. Sucks, but I GOTTA have my milk!

getfit
05-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Yea it is. It's crazy how much a gallon costs today. Sucks, but I GOTTA have my milk!
yep! i think most of my money goes on milk and pb hehe!

JTyrell710
05-16-2005, 01:25 PM

I have the same thing, i think it is because i don't get enough sleep. i try to eat within 4 hours of waking up.. its not ideal but eat as soon as you're able to stomach food to minimize bad effects

AllUp
05-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Most of you peeps and your PB, sounds like my shopping list, lol.

2Jars nattyPB, 3 loaves of WholeGrain bread, 6gals of water and.. oh yeah, 2gals of milk...

(Triple decker PB sandwiches w/a Lg glass of milk totalling ~1100 cals comes to mind) :)