PDA

View Full Version : How to make a shake taste good?

eddie500
05-15-2005, 04:40 AM
I'm very picky with foods.. so eating is always a problem.

The last time I tried to make a shake.. I put in a little bit of natural peanut butter/ milk, bananna and icecream.. I think the texture of that natural peanut butter made the shake disgusting. After that I never tried to make a shake again.

So any of you similar with being picky with foods but still make a good tasting weight gaining shake?

getfit
05-15-2005, 05:46 AM
actually that shake you made sounds yummmy :p you can try adding some berries to your shake i also add some vanilla flavoured yogurt,olive oil,i usually have my shake with soya milk or just regular milk only after training i'll have it with water!

HILL
05-15-2005, 06:37 AM
400ml milk
whey protein chocolate mint flavour

HILL
05-15-2005, 06:38 AM
400ml milk
whey protein chocolate mint flavour
3 ice cubes
15g pb
100g oats blend into flour first
lovely

Asylum
05-15-2005, 06:54 AM
I'm very picky with foods.. so eating is always a problem.

The last time I tried to make a shake.. I put in a little bit of natural peanut butter/ milk, bananna and icecream.. I think the texture of that natural peanut butter made the shake disgusting. After that I never tried to make a shake again.

So any of you similar with being picky with foods but still make a good tasting weight gaining shake?

So if your issue is with the texture of that shake, take out the natty pb and try with something else. Here's a good one if you have vanilla whey:

Vanilla whey (I use Nlarge2 vanilla whey)
milk
3 pumps of peppermint flavoring (u can use low cal they use in coffee)
a few ice cubes

Tastes like a dream.

D Breyer
05-15-2005, 01:34 PM
banana
peanut butter
vanilla whey
vanilla ice cream
ice cubes

mmmmmmmm good... i doubt that helps much for you though :(

AzBboy
05-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Your gona have to learn to not be so picky if you wanna bulk up. Trust me, its not hard, I was a former very picky/one tiny meal a day type of guy now ill eat any thing. Only one problem, now i'm a food ADDICT and i blame it all on fitness.

vkefi
05-15-2005, 02:51 PM
6 eggs
500ml milk
bannana
50g dex/malto
30g wpi

does me fine.

trfe
05-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Dude...not sure how old you are but you better not try and pledge a fraternity. If you can't eat pb, banannas and ice cream you are dead in the water compared to the stuff you'll have to eat.
I don't mean to flame but come on man... stop being a girlie-man and just eat the damn thing.
By the way, hazing you would be a blast.

ohnoitsjeff
05-22-2005, 01:18 AM
if you are on a bulk add 2-3-4-5 oreo cookies. yeah its sugar and poison but cmon man they are oreo's

YungLifter
05-22-2005, 07:19 AM
ice cream is ok in shakes?? didn't think you can have ice cream

WBBIRL
05-22-2005, 09:03 AM
I just got some body fortress from wal-mart and so far have only had 2 shakes... one in water and one in milk. The one in milk tasted better but takeing it in water doesnt bother me so thats how im going to take it, one scoop in 8oz of water blended in a blender.

Optimum08
05-22-2005, 02:35 PM
add some dex/malto to sweeten...hold your nose and drink...i guess u could try it intraveniously (*note* i take no responsible for any injuries regarding the intravenious method of transport)

Owen
05-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Flax seed meal adds a nice flavor.