PDA

View Full Version : New Member Photos.. Just starting (sort of)

John04Civic
05-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Hey guys,

I had a friend take a few pics of me today. This is after about 3 weeks of working out with a SET SCHEDULE of exercises without missing a scheduled workout. I usually hit the gym on Mon., Tuesday, and Weds. But I think I'm going to throw Thursday in there.

If you have ANY suggestions on certain body parts that should be worked harder (personally I think chest). Please let me know. I need honesty, because I want to improve myself, my confidence, and my well-being. As of right now, I personally feel that I am out of proportion, but you all are much more knowledgable at this than me.

Thanks for the opinions,

John

getfit
05-15-2005, 07:36 PM
if you've only started 3 weeks ago give yourself time to grow!

eating and lifting will be gold for you keep it up :)

JamesBOMB
05-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Hows your training and eating like? And how far do you want to go!

John04Civic
05-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Hows your training and eating like? And how far do you want to go!
All of the details can be found here:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1085884#post1085884

As about how far I want to go.. Not sure yet, I don't want to get psycho huge, but I definitely want to be able to bench about 200lbs.

Gabrielle
05-15-2005, 10:29 PM
respect for posting your pictures, it takes courage. Looking at your journal, I think you should be focusing on the big three..bench, deadlift, and squat. I see you have a headstart on the nutrition aspect, good job. You could eliminate a lot of the exercises you have listed and condense your routine. If you want to get bigger and stronger I personally believe the most efficient way would be limiting your sets to 3-4 per bodypart and working out in the 4-6 rep range(with 1 or 2 extra warm-up sets)
Here is a general idea you could play with and welcome to wbb.

Mon{bb bench, close-grip bench, and calf raises}

Wed{bb rows, bb curls, bb deadlift}

Friday{bb military press, bb shrugs, bb squat, bb stiff-legged deadlift}

the one
05-16-2005, 07:03 PM
good pics, for just starting out you gotta good base to go with, just start packin on the mass baby.

John04Civic
05-16-2005, 07:18 PM
good pics, for just starting out you gotta good base to go with, just start packin on the mass baby.
Thanks, and thanks guys for the words of encouragement / advice!!

John

JamesBOMB
05-20-2005, 09:29 PM
If you want strength do 4-6 reps. If you want size and strength id stick inthe 8-10rep

chris6969
05-20-2005, 10:05 PM
not knocking you.... b/c you can always come back add your progress pics on here...

I'm about to go off on a rant... (not necessarily at you... just noobs in general)
but I'm so sick of "kids" working out for like 2-3 weeks or even 2-3 months.... and talking about getting cut up.

Take some before pics.... work out for 6+ months.... the post some progress pics for comparison... etc...

Please stop talking about cutting if you're 150lbs, 10% BF and bench 135lbs.

Unless you're 200lbs AND over the high teens (>19%) in BF, you don't need to cut.

Read up on nutrition, read up on exercises / routines, work hard and CONSISTENT and the gains will come.

The only thing (supplement) you really need is PROTEIN!!! lotsa protein. MEAT!! (creatine I think can help too)

<end rant> Sorry, I just had to do it...

Now back on a positive note for you, you have a decent base, keep working out hard... heavy weights.... low reps... BULK UP!! and be patient.... 3 weeks is NOTHING.