PDA

View Full Version : Protein when not training?

Kaiser
05-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Recently I suffered a shoulder injury and I am forced not to train for a while, so far 2 weeks. I used to have 2 servings of musclemilk protein powder a day when I was lifting regularly. Now that I am not lifting should I lay off of the protein powder or would it still be good for me to keep taking it even though I'm not lifting?

getfit
05-16-2005, 12:54 PM
i wouldn't stop my protein intake!

Drai's
05-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Get your protein in. Whether it's from shakes or whole food doesn't matter.

AllUp
05-16-2005, 02:37 PM
still take the protein, better than hardcore carby s*** :)

Shao-LiN
05-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Recently I suffered a shoulder injury and I am forced not to train for a while, so far 2 weeks. I used to have 2 servings of musclemilk protein powder a day when I was lifting regularly. Now that I am not lifting should I lay off of the protein powder or would it still be good for me to keep taking it even though I'm not lifting?

Would you stop eating protein altogether? Or do you think there is some magic voodoo in protein powders?

d'Anconia
05-18-2005, 01:45 AM
Recently I suffered a shoulder injury and I am forced not to train for a while, so far 2 weeks.

Just a simple question...did you decide to quit training legs during this period also? JW cuz I suppose in some cases people would stop and other cases people would keep on working the legs.

I do understand what it seems you're trying to get at: whether the extra protein you took in while you were lifting will do you any good while you're not lifting... with respect to muscles and whether or not lack of EXTRA protein would cause your muscles to shrink or anything, I'm not sure. But as was said, protein is good stuff to eat anyway.