PDA

View Full Version : chinup/pullup/knee raise/dip station question

recordstyle
05-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Hello,

I'm a noob to these forums and have searched and searched but found nothing so far about "power towers" and IF there exist any that are a dip/leg raise station but do NOT have the pullup tower built in... i would like to buy one from a muscle-store either online or near home and dont know who to buy it from - and / or IF it exists... ?!?????

and for those that are part of the package - is the pullup tower removable? as you can tell - height is an issue in my basement, and i would benefit more from the combined power of the dip/leg-raise station without the hassle of punching a hole in my ceiling...

any brands you recommend? any do it yourselfers out there? i saw one in the current "muscle" magazine by Mens Health - but they do not have the brand in the picture, so i cant make it out...

MUCH appreciated for any/every input -
thank in advance.

DNL
05-18-2005, 12:47 AM
i bought mine from academy, i believe you can also find it at walmart. Mine called a VKR station (leg raise/pushup/pullup/dip). I think the height is about 7 feet.

JesseM
05-18-2005, 06:10 AM
Yeah here's one at new york barbells, looks pretty solid.
http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/9159.html

Anthony
05-18-2005, 06:59 AM
recordstyle: they exist, just do a search for dip stations. Most will also be built for leg raises.

JesseM: 300lbs capacity is solid???

MixmasterNash
05-18-2005, 07:54 AM
There's a cheaper solution that fits almost anywhere: buy a $15 chinup bar, and hang rings from them for dips. DIY rings cost about $20.

JesseM
05-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Looking at some other dip stations, I now see that 300 lb capacity is pretty weak.

recordstyle
05-18-2005, 10:30 AM
thanks for the info...but,

i'm not interested in the pullup bar/chinup bar part - thats what i want to TAKE OFF b/c it wont fit... (7 foot ceiling wont fit a 7 foot tower or anything - hence i want the dip/leg raise station only...)

does your tower allow you to take the pull up bar off? (i dont need that part)

thanks

Anthony
05-18-2005, 10:52 AM
do a search for dip stations

Step 1: click Internet Explorer (or whatever you use for a web browser)
Step 2: type www.google.com into the address box.
Step 3: type Dip Stations into the search box.
Step 4: click Google Search.