PDA

View Full Version : Cardio days

PrimeTime
12-06-2001, 07:39 AM
For some reason when I started taking whey protein I thought that I needed less on cardio days....is that true, or should I be taking in the equal amount of protein as lifting days?

YatesNightBlade
12-06-2001, 07:47 AM
I would have a different Protein source.

Maybe have some milk and Cottage cheese instead.

PrimeTime
12-06-2001, 09:13 AM
Cool...Over the holidays I will be adding cardio to my routine in the mornings on my weight training days, so what do you suggest I do before cardio in the mornings? Protein shake, cardio, then breakfast OR breakfast, cardio, then protein shake?

Not really sure if it will make a big deal but I'm giving it some thought!

Tryska
12-06-2001, 09:17 AM
protein, cardio, breakfast.

or you could go cardio on an empty stomach, then breakfast or a protein shake. that would be the best for fat loss.

PrimeTime
12-06-2001, 09:24 AM
I'm just not sure if that is what I need right now...so then the protein shake will make that much difference in not making it an empty stomach(if that makes sense)?

Tryska
12-06-2001, 09:35 AM
if you don't want to do cardio on an empty stomach, then i would choose the protein shake, as your best bet.....

PrimeTime
12-06-2001, 09:41 AM
Thanks, yeah that probably is better for me since I'm being called skinny almost daily...I'm pretty lean right now except for that stubborn under the belly button, son-of-gun jelly!!

Abs by summer though, I promise!!

Tryska
12-06-2001, 09:45 AM
right on...that's a great attitude....good luck too, i'm sure you'll see 'em!