PDA

View Full Version : Eggs Before Bed

WILLGETNICE
05-19-2005, 09:33 PM
I've read on the forum that casein is the ideal form of protein to consume before going to bed. I usually eat some cottage cheese or take a casein supplement shortly before turning in, but recently ran out of both and have been strapped for cash and time to go buy supplements and groceries for that matter. I know eggs are a good source of protein in general, but are they good to eat before bed? I'm not away of how much casein there is per egg if any but figured someone on here would know. Also, would eggs be better to eat before bed than cottage cheese or a casein supplement? Thanks :ninja:

P.S.
I'm not really cutting or bulking at this point just really pushing myself in the gym and eating really healthy with lots of protein, moderate carbs only coming from veggies, oats, and whole wheats. Drinking 1 gallon of water a day and not any supplements besides whey. Pretty proud of how disciplined I've been in the kitchen :cool:

Shao-LiN
05-19-2005, 09:46 PM
There is no casein in eggs. But yes, eggs are a good substitute before bed.

ReelBigFish
05-20-2005, 12:13 AM
as long as your getting either some yolks or some other fats in there becuase whites alone are a pretty quick disgesting protein.

WILLGETNICE
05-20-2005, 07:39 AM
as long as your getting either some yolks or some other fats in there becuase whites alone are a pretty quick disgesting protein.

Yeah I actually made 2 whites and 3 whole eggs. Hope that's enough.

thajeepster
05-20-2005, 10:48 AM
yeah, whats that like 25g protein and 18g fats... should work just fine... eat up.

Shao-LiN
05-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah I actually made 2 whites and 3 whole eggs. Hope that's enough.

Dunno....that replace the amount of calories/protein that you were taking in before?