PDA

View Full Version : Help

PhArOaHe
05-21-2005, 05:48 AM
Doas anyone know any tests that i can use to find out weak links in a athelets body?

By weak i mean muscles that lack strength compared to others even before any strength training.

Please help will be greatly apreciated!

WBBIRL
05-21-2005, 10:15 AM
The best way to do that would be to go to the gym and explore yourself. You should know which exercizes are weak compared to others just by the numbers... if your a 400lb bencher then chances are you have good upper body strength, but if you can only squat 225lbs then your legs are probably a weak link in your body.

PhArOaHe
05-21-2005, 10:56 AM
I pretty much figured that, but i need tests to add into my article on strength training...

thanks alot anyway

Im guessing i should just say your weak links will be the ovbiously lower numbers in your routine?

Holto
05-21-2005, 05:09 PM
how about tri-bi ratios, quads-hams etc...

testing ab strenght/endurance and grip strength is something that is important too

can't help with any actual tests though

PhArOaHe
05-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Yeh thats what i had in mind but im stumped for tests lol.

WBBIRL
05-22-2005, 08:54 AM
The numbers should be painfully obvious... youd be suprised how many 300-400lb benchers out there cant squat or deadlift for beans. We have a number of people like this at the gym where I lift, mostly what I like to call "curl jockeys". They do like 5-6 different bicep exercizes maybe one tri lift with almost no legs what so ever. These guys curl like 115-125lbs on the ez bar (15lbs) for reps but couldnt squat 225. Ive never seen them bench but I can bet they dont do over 250. Now in porportion to their arms, their legs are extremely weak. Ive also seen people the other way ( I used to be myself ) where their leg strenght far out did their arm strenght. I remember being a 245lb bencher and being able to deadlift 450lbs and squat 425 for reps.