PDA

View Full Version : New Routine

therhoads
12-06-2001, 11:45 AM
I did change my routine again...

I have gone to a push/pull routine like this...

Tues/Sat: Pull (Curls - Bis & Legs, Lats, Rows, Chins, Abs)

Thurs/Sun: Push (Bench, Flys, Shoulder Press, Tricep exercises, leg extension)

Go ahead, tell me I am overtraining!

therhoads
01-02-2002, 11:41 AM
I have been working out for 2 months now and I must say that I am overall pleased with the results (I will post a picture soon)...

I have increased my weight from 150 to 170 without putting on too much fat. I would like to keep bulking until the end of January (Maybe Feb. depending on how much more weight I gain). After that, I plan to implement a cutting routine to take off about 5% body fat.

I am also reposting my bio here since the original was deleted...

Goals: By the end of 2002 I would like to be 180 - 190 pounds with 10% body fat.

Background: Last lifted about 8 year ago but a shoulder injury kept me from reaching any potential. Severe illness this past summer made me decide to dedicate myself back to working out.

5'10"
Starting Weight (11/1/01): 150
Current Weight (1/2/02): 170

Supplements: Myoplex Mass, ZMA, Creatine
Diet: 3000 cals, 150+ protein grams

Workout Routine:
Push/Pull split 3 times/week

Delphi
01-02-2002, 12:29 PM
therhoads, good to hear you're making progress. What you're doing isn't necessarily overtraining. What are you doing for legs on pull day? Is there any way you can lift every other day so that you're not lifting on Saturday and Sunday?

therhoads
01-02-2002, 01:05 PM
Thanks Doc,

I have slightly modified my workout since my original post. I now workout Tues, Thurs, and Sun. I alternate push and pull so some weeks I end up doing pull 2x per week and sometimes push 2x per week.

Legs on pull day is just hamstring curls. On push day it is Leg extension and calf raises.