PDA

View Full Version : Refeed days

threatmix
05-21-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm 175lbs, 13% b.f., currently cutting, and I read this article: http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article18.htm
about refeed days. According to this, I should be eating 1.2xmaintenance calories for two days in a row, every four days, eating mostly high GI carbs the whole day...What? How can I possible lose fat doing this? What do you guys think of this and refeed days in general/what are your experiences with it?

Hercule
05-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Refeeds depend on the person. At 13% BF, you probably arn't low enough to need to refeed with the frequency recommended. At 10%, I was only refeeding every 7 days and still maintaining muscle. 2 days is also probably excessive unless you are depleting the hell out of your muscles. You'll probably end up spilling over. I usually do 30 hour refeeds. Start out small and see how your body reacts and adjust accordingly.

Shao-LiN
05-22-2005, 07:26 AM
The point of refeeds is not to lose fat. Generally speaking, it is to manipulate leptin levels by tricking your body into thinking it is not dieting anymore.

threatmix
05-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Well, yeah, I know. I meant lose fat in the long run which is the point of refeeds.

TheGimp
05-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Think about it. It's only an excess of 20% of maintenance cals on those two days. Lets say you cut cals by 20% on the other four days. Clearly you'll be losing weight.

My experience, through UD2.0, is that refeeds are an extremely effective tool for losing fat quickly