PDA

View Full Version : Saturated Fat in Whole Milk

d'Anconia
05-23-2005, 12:02 PM
So for a while I've been wondering why the fat covering my lower abs hasn't been going away and today I noticed something. I just started a bulking cycle and today when i was pouring my Vitamin D Whole Milk into my cereal I looked at the nutrition facts on it and found that 1 cup of this milk has 25% the daily value of saturated fat. Now this wouldn't be that big of a deal BUT I honestly must drink a good 8 cups = 200% saturated fat a day.
Saturated fat is the one thing that I definitely try to avoid like the plague and finding out that this whole milk has so much of it is going to force me to buy fat free from now on. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

AKraut
05-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Milk also has a lot of sugar. Have you tried a cut or are you just trying to wish your belly away?

TheGimp
05-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Saturated fat is not going to make you fat.

~20g of saturated fat a day is necessary for proper hormone (e.g. testosterone production).

Changing to fat free milk will help you save on the calories however.

d'Anconia
05-23-2005, 12:16 PM
No I have not tried cutting yet. I just started getting serious about lifting but I still don't want to have fat covering my lower abs. Honestly I don't mind bulking up BUT the one thing that I want is to still have my abs. If I want to eat enough food and stuff to bulk but keep my fat low enough what do you guys suggest?

mmac
05-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Switch to 2%, or better yet skim.

Barker
05-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Drink skim myself. I had too b/c I love milk too much. Other than water its about my main source of liquid intake.

Guido
05-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Get 1% if you can get it. It tastes better than skim but with all the benefits.

BBar23
05-23-2005, 09:22 PM
is there such a thing as too much milk? I am a cereal junkie and eat it like there is no tomorrow. I used fat free skim but I get a little milk happy when I pour. I tend to be a little too generous with myself.

AKraut
05-23-2005, 10:08 PM
is there such a thing as too much milk? I am a cereal junkie and eat it like there is no tomorrow. I used fat free skim but I get a little milk happy when I pour. I tend to be a little too generous with myself.

It depends on if you're actually tracking your diet or not. Since you pound the cereal I guess it wouldn't matter to you. But on <2000 calorie diet a cup of milk is going to be a big deal.