PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Me During Early Stage of Bulking

d'Anconia
05-24-2005, 02:24 AM
Okay so it is May 24th 2005 and these are a few pictures of my present state.

I hope to bulk up about 10-15 lbs and then cut to lower my bf % a bit. BTW I've only been bulking for about a week or so.

I'll upload some more pics soon.

TwiloMike
05-24-2005, 09:30 AM
Dude, you may want to resize those pics- they are ginormous!

d'Anconia
05-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Here are some more

d'Anconia
05-24-2005, 01:07 PM
And some more

d'Anconia
05-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Dude, you may want to resize those pics- they are ginormous!

Why thank you, that's quite flattering but I'm trying to get bigger.

Just kidding, I'll try to find a way to resize them. My browser (Internet Explorer 6) automatically resizes them but I'll see what I can do.

d'Anconia
05-24-2005, 02:25 PM
OK here's a link to a photo album of the pictures. Some of the chest pictures are blurry but whatever.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fatrb38/album?.dir=d93b&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

fixationdarknes
09-14-2005, 04:10 PM
I know this was a little while back, but could you take a few more pics. It's kind of hard to actually tell what you look like because the camera is so close...do you know what I mean? But anyway, nice base, good potential to get huge.

d'Anconia
12-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Okay, I've found out how to use the timer on my father's camera (actually it took me like 5 seconds to figure out). I'm a bit more pale than in my early Summer pics but oh well. I've only been on a bulk for about a month or so (before that I was just mainly maintaining weight, but my diet was a bit off) and have gained about 8lbs or so and am about 200lbs here. I think my lagging points are my chest and, strangely enough, my legs but we'll see as I keep bulking. I hope to get up to about 215lbs and then start to cut for Spring Break. Enjoy, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Edit: BTW I didn't like the idea of including my face but whatever, if I need to later I'll just delete/edit it.
Edit #2: Yeah I edited it out.

MM
12-22-2005, 06:56 PM
No offense, but you don't really look 200lbs to me. I'd say shoulders, traps, legs could use some work. You've got a great base, there just seems to be something missing. I think your chest could be really great with a little more mass. My chest is probably bigger, but it's shaped like crap. Could luck with bulking, I'm heading for the 210 realm as well. :D

Edit: Just to be clear: I wasn't saying that you aren't 200lbs. I hate it when people do that.

Mad Max
12-22-2005, 07:10 PM
You've made some good progress, and you have a good solid base to work with.
You don't look like you can bp 275 or squat 405 though, that's not to say you can't of course.

Bob
12-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Good progress man...
I guess around WBB everyone wants to see video to validate your lifts.. I'm not asking, but that has been the comments on other threads where people question totals..

d'Anconia
12-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah if I got my hands on a video camera I'd be willing to show you guys. I definitely did a legit 275lbs on BP over the summer although I haven't tested my max since then I would assume it'd be near the same or more. I can definitely do quite a bit more than 315x5 on deadlifts in fact I do working sets with more than that now. I'll admit I question the squats since the person spotting wasn't checking that I was going deep enough. I was actually thinking of testing this week or next so I'll be updating my signature if I decide to do that.

Edit: BTW I doubt 'everyone' on WBB is talking about my maxes.

g00dnick
12-22-2005, 10:32 PM
How tall are you?

d'Anconia
12-22-2005, 10:42 PM
About 5'11"... on a tall day so really more like 5' 10.5".

Nongan
12-22-2005, 11:01 PM
your looking good man. i agree with you that your chest needs more work, but overall, good size/shape. good luck with the bulk!

Bob
12-23-2005, 06:57 AM
Sorry Fatrb38... I didn't mean EVERYONE was talking about YOUR maxes..
I meant that everytime someone puts up numbers that other WBB posters don't believe.. they ask for video...

I kinda meant sarcasticly.. I usually trust WBB folks... but I've only been on for a few months... I think some of the veteran WBBs have been "burnt" by fake posters... if you read some of the older posts (as in a couple of yrs ago) in Member pics, you will see a number of doubters that have come true.. and some where the video supports the poster.

My personal belief is that you know what you can do.. and what you can't do..
And it's up to each individual to monitor their own honesty..

When I was a youngster, I lied a lot about what I could do.. it was bravado of HS football, wrestling, etc... until I got caught.. and then the embarassment was worst then the lying. So I learned by checking my ego at the door...

And to this day.. I still remember going to college and getting beat by some girls playing basketball, volleyball & raquetball.. you can't be great in everything, but you can set your own goals and map out the plan. Ego only gets in the way..

Sorry for the speech... I'll probably edit it out later.. but thought I would at least state it once.. get it off my chest.. Please realize it is not directed towards you.

You have made great progress... keep on lifting, eating, sleeping..

d'Anconia
12-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Nah it was good, very well said.

ROMANMAN
12-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Youre back looks pretty solid and so are youre arms. Learn to do a proper lat spread and tri pose. Pecs are lacking but thatll fill out eventually and legs are looking aight.

MERRY SOON TO BE CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

d'Anconia
12-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Learn to do a proper lat spread

LOL what's funny is that I always screw around trying to flex my lats but for some reason I find them really hard to flex (at least without flexing a bunch of other muscles). Thanks for the critique.

ROMANMAN
12-23-2005, 07:01 PM
http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/duncan3.htm
All the poses you'll ever need to know.
Enjoy.

civrob
12-24-2005, 08:32 PM
http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/duncan3.htm
All the poses you'll ever need to know.
Enjoy.

is it me or do the people in those pictures look horrendous, ugly. Whilst I admire the hard work those people have put into their body the result is not in my honest opinion isnít aesthetically pleasing

ROMANMAN
12-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Yea people have mixed opinions on that some people call it perfection others call it disgusting.

d'Anconia
12-25-2005, 04:06 PM
:withstupi I personally am more in the latter group. I want to get decently big and muscular but I don't want to be 'freakish' at all. Just another reason I haven't taken the time to learn proper poses.

TwiloMike
12-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Much better than the previous set of pics. Definitely more readable. Overall I don't think your legs are really lagging, I think that the lighting isn't doing them any favors. Chest needs some work but I'm sure it will come up with time.

d'Anconia
12-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Ya know I always thought that my legs were large for my build and while they might be, it seems like they're getting a larger portion of the bodyfat than I expected they would. I'm probably around 14-15% bodyfat so they should get more defined when I cut later. I think the whiteness and leg hair doesn't help though...

ROMANMAN
12-29-2005, 03:27 AM
Ya, sucks to be white bro.

trasmi21
12-30-2005, 12:45 AM
Hey, nice work. I think you have a lot of potential in your base, just some things haven't filled out yet, I'm in the same department. I've been really trying to kick myself in the ass and get my chest up to par, and it's starting to come along. Keep working hard.

Built
12-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Nice shape, good base, and you probably "don't look" 200 because you actually work your legs.

Lat spread: stick your thumbs into your waist, lean back with your shoulders, and hug a tree with your elbows.

Give that a try.

d'Anconia
06-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Well since I last uploaded photos my gains have been very slow. I got bronchitis for a while which put me out for almost a month and recently screwed up my hand and couldn't do many upper-body exercises.
The biggest problem though was that this semester it was very difficult for me to get my diet down to par, and thus you will notice that there was not much progress since the last pics I posted.
I'll post them anyway though since I don't get my hands on cameras very often.

d'Anconia
06-13-2006, 06:41 PM
A few more...
BTW will be uploading a video soon.

d'Anconia
06-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Hhahahaha, here's a little comparison of a pic from December and a pic from today. Haven't cut my hair since January.
Edit: Pic deleted

Bohizzle
06-14-2006, 04:48 PM
good progress, but why do u look so angry?

Andrew

accuFLEX
06-14-2006, 05:00 PM
lol your kinda look like Patrick Roy

d'Anconia
06-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Hahahah I wanted to make roughly the same face as the the first pic and I don't know why I look angry in the first one. Maybe I was angry...

TwiloMike
06-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Since there isn't really much progress in terms of building I'll comment on other things:
1- You look better with longer hair.
2- Your face looks better slightly more full and without the frown.
3- Understandably slow progress. Will wait untill the next set of pics to comment on that.
4- Did you start manscaping since your first set of pics?

d'Anconia
06-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Hhahahaha manscaping? Not that much really but I've always groomed a bit. I suppose I manscape a tad bit more nowadays but whatevs.

Anyway I'm gonna take down my face pic.