PDA

View Full Version : Pineapple juice?

DjArcadian
05-25-2005, 11:48 AM
I've heard that pineapple juice helps in rebuilding muslce after lifting. Any truth to this and if so should be be consumed before, during and after workouts as well?

BigDanStud
05-25-2005, 11:57 AM
I aint fo sho on that, have never read anything, but it might be possible. Pineapple Juice is the bomb diggity, mix it with sum malibu rum pineapple and sip it back. Then you run up in them hoes grab the cash and get yo dash on.

Big Dan

bigsethmeister
05-25-2005, 12:26 PM
I aint fo sho on that, have never read anything, but it might be possible. Pineapple Juice is the bomb diggity, mix it with sum malibu rum pineapple and sip it back. Then you run up in them hoes grab the cash and get yo dash on.

Big Dan

Son, I have no idea what the hell you just said but I will concur with your assessment of pineapple juice when served concurrently with Malibu rum. For an even better combination try pineapple juice with Malibu rum, Meyers dark rum, and Tia Maria over ice in a pint glass (Jamaican Dust).

:)

Owen
05-25-2005, 01:46 PM
I saw a documentary about a boxer, I think it was Roberto Duran. Anyway, his trainers had him use pineapple juice in his shakes to help with inflamation. They swore by it. Post workout shakes.

iLUDEd
05-27-2005, 10:22 PM

Big Dan

hahahhahahahhahahahhaha

this just made my day!!

Slim Schaedle
05-27-2005, 11:29 PM
I've heard that pineapple juice helps in rebuilding muslce after lifting.
Carbs don't rebuild muscle cells.
Refilling glycogen stores...now there's a different story.
But even then, it's not going to replenish muscle glyvogen (assuming the sugar in pineapple is fructose)

Holto
05-28-2005, 08:11 AM
pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain which is good for two things:

1) taken with protein it helps break down the protein

2) taken on an empty stomach it helps with inflammation

underwearmodel
05-29-2005, 12:09 PM
its true. found something on this random site but i googled it and found some other information like it http://www.nutrimart.com/Bulk/Description/bromelain_page.htm