PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Skinny Friend!

FighterInSnatch
05-25-2005, 02:50 PM
So I have a friend who has been working out for 5 years solid. His body fat is like between 5-9%. He has tryed everything to gain weight (SO HE SAYS), weight gainers, whey protein and creatine. He is still skinny as ****. I told him the reason that he is not gaining weight is because he is simply not eating enough and does'nt have a solid diet. So I told him I would comprise a bulk diet for him. Only problem is, I dont know where to start. I printed out all the foods of " What a Bodybuilder Eats ". Does anyone know of a plan he can follow to gain some weight. A menu with approximate amounts of each food would be great. If someone has a plan that they followed and successfully gained weight. Any help would be great. Thanx -Ryan

P.S. He likes Mcdonalds Cheeseburgers and Mcchickens.

YungLifter
05-25-2005, 03:01 PM
how much does he weigh?

YungLifter
05-25-2005, 03:02 PM
and how much is he eating right now daily? use www.fitday.com to calculate cals/macros

thajeepster
05-25-2005, 03:45 PM
If youve got your diet down good, why dont you just modify yours to help him out... change the numbers around, switch meals if hes not comfortable eating something at some time... etc. etc.

thajeepster
05-25-2005, 03:46 PM
or get his ass on the forums and tell him to read up.

underwearmodel
05-25-2005, 04:25 PM
you could start with the simple formulas like for calorie intake; body weight x 15-20 and for grams of protien; body weight x 1.5
I guess I'll write what I eat, but I'm not that much of an expert but you can use this as an example.
morning 6:30am (can't eat that much during this time) oatmeal and down about 30g nitrean protien shake.
workout 7:30am - 8:15am
I don't get to eat until about 11:05 because I'm at school and teachers are gay about that kind of stuff
11:05am 2 turkey sandwiches w/ cheese, lettuce and white bread, fruit, chips
2:30pm 2 hamburgers on wheat buns or 2 natural peanut butter sandwiches or i just eat out of the jar
4:30 2 cups low fat cottage cheese blended with yogurt, milk and raspberries
6:30 dinner steak/potatoes maybe some fish or chicken, whatever parents make.
8:30 nitrean protien before bed
By the way I weigh around 188 and have gained a pretty decent amount of size since I started this. Anyways, I haven't really took the time to sit down and calculate a "hardcore diet" i guess, but I just follow this and hope for the best.

p.s. don't eat fast food

WBBIRL
05-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Double his protein shake intake, with him working out it will only promote growth and weight gain. Also install in his mind that humans just dont pack on 40lbs of muscle every year, at least 99% of us dont. Also tell him to keep away from cardio, almost completely as his diet will keep his fat % more in check then any cardio could. All that extra time and energy is better spent in the weight room or just recovering. Keep his bulk diet as clean as possible, being bigger is one think but he wants more mass not fat ass. Keep him away from McDonalds, nothing and I mean nothing from there is worth eating... its his own worst enemy. If he's not bulking then simply keep adding between 300-400 calories to his diet and eventually he'll start gaining or spend every wakeing moment eating. Serioulsy though theres almost no way he wont gain around the 3000-4000 calorie range.

EDIT: Be thankfull he isnt as big as I am, just went to get my senior highschool pictures and it was expensive. Needed a 4XL 56-58 in chest jacket and a 3XL 56 inch dress shirt. Probably coulda got away with 54 but the neck was only 19" and I need atleast 20". Also picked up 4 pairs of underwear, the whole deal cost me about 350$. Hardest part about the coats was that most of the 4XL dress jackets have huge gut areas and I guess compared to my 56-57" chest my gut is wrather small.