PDA

View Full Version : to expensive

titan_014
05-25-2005, 04:17 PM
dieting seems to be too expensive. i can't seem to persuade my parents to by the food that i would consider to diet with because i need it in surplus amounts and they don't have the money. i can' seem to get away from carbs and trying to get in all that protein seems impossible because my mother threw away my whey cause i have high blood pressure and the doctor said i couldn't use it any more. is there a cheaper more inexpensive way to get the vegetables,protein,etc. ?

getfit
05-25-2005, 04:20 PM
eggs
chicken
tuna
lean meats
cottage cheese
etc....

eggs- tuna- milk are not expensive

DNL
05-25-2005, 04:26 PM
eggs and instant noodles are my best friends.

Jabberwocky
05-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Brown Rice
Beans
buy in bulk.

Watch for sales, and buy then.

Slim Schaedle
05-25-2005, 05:22 PM
my mother threw away my whey cause i have high blood pressure
You are now obligated to throw out any of her "junk" food that may be stashed around the house.

Beast
05-25-2005, 05:42 PM
You are now obligated to throw out any of her "junk" food that may be stashed around the house.
GOOD POINT!

Also, eggs, tuna, and oatmeal are all dirt cheap.

zer06ame
05-26-2005, 06:38 AM
that sucks that she threw out your whey, i'd go nuts if someone threw my whey out, it's my breakfast at school everyday (i'm drinking one right now, sitting in 'web design' or so they call this terrible class) but it's different since the doctor told her. anyway, try and get all the stuff said above, it's all pretty cheap but me and my older brother (little brother is still too young to lift i think, he'll start in about a year when he's 13-14...he's definatly got enough testosterone to start lifting, he had more damn armpit and facial hair than me lol) destroy eggs/tuna/milk like nothing. me and him at a dozen eggs for dinner 2 nights ago, i used to kill off 4 gallons of milk myself when i was bulking (i don't eat pb really anymore, so i don't really drink it nearly as much), and about 8 cans of tuna everyweek. i feel bad for my mom, she spends so much money on food, about $1,000 every month lol

HILL
05-26-2005, 06:44 AM
tuna is one of the cheapest forms of protein ive seen and turkey is muc cheaper than turkey i decided to eat alot of that at one point because my mum was kicken off 2

titan_014
05-26-2005, 12:19 PM
do i need to schedule it in meals or just eat as much of it as possible.

HILL
05-26-2005, 12:48 PM
depends on what your doing alot of people have set meal times and count their calories to meet their specific requirments i have 7 meals a day each at 750 cals so if its cheap to eat tuna and potatoes then work out the micros and eat enough to get what you need

YungLifter
05-26-2005, 01:26 PM
cottage cheese is very cheap over here like 1-2$ a container, turkey is cheaper then chicken, tuna also cheap