PDA

View Full Version : hardgainer here, protein without lifting

shawn561
05-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Ok , i have a seriouse problem gaining weight i can gain muscle very slowly i allmost think its a thyroid problem. my question is i intake between 3000 to 4000 calories daily and put on a couple pounds a month with a seriouse routine, its allmost not worth the effort. if i quite lifting and use the whey protein powder while im eating like a freakin pig will that kill me after a two and three months. and then start lifteing again after the weight gain? or will i have weight gain?

Built
05-30-2005, 11:59 PM
How tall are you, how old are you, and what do you weigh? Because it seems that many of the guys here have to eat over 5000 cals a day to make gains.

ReelBigFish
05-31-2005, 12:40 AM
i would not recommend gaining weight with out lifting. It's more likely to turn to fat, wether you gain a little or a lot. Post up your exact diet, and we'll see if we can help. This means cals. fat, prot. and carbs for everything.

smalls
05-31-2005, 01:29 AM
A couple lbs a month is nothing to scoff at if it's not all fat. Also 3000-4000 cals isnt all that much bro. Learn to get in more high calorie foods and it should be a snap, just takes a little getting used to.

Beholder
05-31-2005, 07:41 AM
A couple lbs a month is nothing to scoff at if it's not all fat. Also 3000-4000 cals isnt all that much bro. Learn to get in more high calorie foods and it should be a snap, just takes a little getting used to.
Can you name me some high calorie foods?
I dont really know of any off the top of my head and I sure could use a few of them to get some extra calories in during the day.

HILL
05-31-2005, 08:21 AM
shakes will be your best friend you can easy make them into 1000 calories each get up at 6 and have one for your breakfast sorted

WBBIRL
05-31-2005, 10:35 AM
5lbs of lean muscle mass every month is nothing to be ashamed of, youd be in the 2% of people on the planet that can gain muscle that quick. If its all muscle of course , if its 1-2lbs of muscle and 4-3 lbs of fat then its not that amazing. If you gain 5lbs of solid muscle each month for a year you would have gained 60 lbs of soild muscle. You would be ripped to say the least. If you only weigh 120lbs and you got to 180lbs solid by this time next year youd be friggen huge. A very big transition.

spencerjrus
05-31-2005, 12:40 PM
5lbs of lean muscle mass every month is nothing to be ashamed of, youd be in the 2% of people on the planet that can gain muscle that quick. If its all muscle of course , if its 1-2lbs of muscle and 4-3 lbs of fat then its not that amazing. If you gain 5lbs of solid muscle each month for a year you would have gained 60 lbs of soild muscle. You would be ripped to say the least. If you only weigh 120lbs and you got to 180lbs solid by this time next year youd be friggen huge. A very big transition.

:withstupi

Progress from day to day is nonexistant, progress from week to week is hard to notice, progress from month to month is slow, but look at your progress after a full year and you will be pleasantly suprised with what you have accomplished.

Nito
05-31-2005, 02:03 PM
:withstupi

Progress from day to day is nonexistant, progress from week to week is hard to notice, progress from month to month is slow, but look at your progress after a full year and you will be pleasantly suprised with what you have accomplished.

Well said.

WBBIRL
05-31-2005, 03:37 PM
exactly, i more or less implied that. he wont see his arms growing daily, weekly or even monthly. But over a long period of time, adding on 60lbs of muscle will stand out. Thats gaining 50% of his current body weight in lean hard muscle mass.

@Shawn, buy a bat now to keep back all the hot chicks!!!!

smalls
05-31-2005, 07:07 PM
LOL@ noticing 60lbs of muscle. Very few people will ever put on 60lbs of pure muscle in their lifetime, yes it would be very noticable. And even 2lbs of muscle a month naturally is very very hard to do unless your a total newb.

To the original question, you just need to eat more. That's it.

Also high calorie foods that I like: natty PB, nut's and oils of all variation. Milk, oatmeal in shakes, lots of ground beef and eggs. High calorie shakes are a great way to get in extra calories. To stop working out to gain weight is a horrible idea.

Beholder
05-31-2005, 10:21 PM
LOL@ noticing 60lbs of muscle. Very few people will ever put on 60lbs of pure muscle in their lifetime, yes it would be very noticable. And even 2lbs of muscle a month naturally is very very hard to do unless your a total newb.

To the original question, you just need to eat more. That's it.

Also high calorie foods that I like: natty PB, nut's and oils of all variation. Milk, oatmeal in shakes, lots of ground beef and eggs. High calorie shakes are a great way to get in extra calories. To stop working out to gain weight is a horrible idea.
I cant get past the taste of oatmeal in my shakes it makes them taste a bit salty??? I use some quick oats....should I just throw in 1-2 tbsp of Natty pb or what?? lol for some reason i think that will taste like ****.

Beholder
05-31-2005, 10:22 PM
Oh yeah also for oils...I got some 3-6-9 oil and after I opened it when I first got it I only took a little bit of it, but then I read a few days ago that it shouldent be consumed after 45 days and its literally going on 3 months....should I tuff it out or am I gonna get uber sick??? I mean its just oil...whats the worst that it could do tome! :)

WBBIRL
06-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Even if he only gains 10lbs every year... thats still alot and will begin to add up.