PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi...

PrimeTime
12-07-2001, 07:01 AM
How bad is pepsi or coca cola for the body, is it just the sugar? Since I started working out I've consumed a lot less but I still have it with my lunch and supper as well as sometimes in the night, I'm really trying to get my body fat down to show my abs so should I try and give it up almost all together? What is a good subsitute beside water(I already drink plenty)?

ericg
12-07-2001, 07:05 AM
For your goals and in order to obtain them faster, I would drop it all together.

If your already drinking 1.5 gallons of water than great!! Drink more!! Have some tea or coffee. Other than that, water is the best way to go. Just makes ya p!ss every 5 minutes

YatesNightBlade
12-07-2001, 07:10 AM
A Super invention known as Diet Pepsi !!!!

In Moderation of course.

Paul Stagg
12-07-2001, 07:42 AM
My feelings are hurt.

:(

YatesNightBlade
12-07-2001, 07:49 AM
huh ?

Paul Stagg
12-07-2001, 08:39 AM
I work for Coke.

Tryska
12-07-2001, 08:41 AM
well paulie..if it makes you feel better, down here, a pepsi is still a coke. ;)

PrimeTime
12-07-2001, 08:42 AM
Personally I'd rather drink piss than diet colas....but anyways I'm definitely going to cut down, I've heard that colas bloat your stomach up (not literally) but I dont think that is true...I drink so much water right now during the day I need breaks at lunch time from it!!

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-07-2001, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
I work for Coke.

damn that's cheap labour.

I work for sex girls.

So does yates, and i hear he 'accepts all major plastic' if you smell what the rock is cookin'...

ericg
12-07-2001, 10:23 AM
Up here in Maine we do some weird things....course not much up here cept lobsta, trees, and moose....

Anyways, I had an old car once and lifted up the hood to find out what was wrong with it. The battery was all seized. there was one of the problems. So I then went to the ole ice box and grabbed myself a POP (coke or pepsi, both do the trick) and then proceded to pour it over the battery......BAM...battery was clean!! Can't believe it neutralizes (i think thats what it does) the acid so quickly. Well, to make a long story short (tol late for that i guess) since that moment I have tried to stay away from soda. Guess its all in my head.....thought i would share.

Short N Buff
12-07-2001, 10:11 PM
I read a post somewhere that the acid in soda does a good job cleaning stuff. like police carry it around cuz its effective for cleaning blood.

hooty mcboobs
12-07-2001, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by ericg
So I then went to the ole ice box and grabbed myself a POP (coke or pepsi, both do the trick) and then proceded to pour it over the battery......BAM...battery was clean!! Can't believe it neutralizes (i think thats what it does) the acid so quickly. Well, to make a long story short (tol late for that i guess) since that moment I have tried to stay away from soda. Guess its all in my head.....thought i would share.

Sodas contain carbonic acid. So it definitely did not neutralize the battery acid, as acids do not neutralize other acids.

body
12-08-2001, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by hooty mcboobs

Sodas contain carbonic acid. So it definitely did not neutralize the battery acid, as acids do not neutralize other acids.

they can nuetralise each other as the more acidic chemical will stay a acid while the less powerful acid will act as a base. They can still swap the hydrogen ions around. Its a relative scale with water given the value of 7. but water can acts as both a base and a acid depending on the other solution.

mickeys
12-08-2001, 11:20 PM
its mainly the sugar...

some guys dont eat the least amount of sugar a day except after their workout, they have a lot of sugar to creatine an insulin spike to increase growth (usually only on bulk they do this)

sugar spikes the insulin and isnt good unless it's after your workout (within an hour or 2 at the most)