PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime Eating

Mbaboy
06-01-2005, 08:24 PM
The article of the main page brought to mind for me a kid that a knew a couple of years back. This kid put up dramatic gains and people say he puts up even crazier numbers now that he's in college. I'm friends with his brother, and he told me that the brother used to get up in the middle of the night (2 AMish) after sleeping for a few hours, eat a can of tuna, and then go back to sleep. And this kid just got HUGE like crazy. Anyone ever hear of something like this or tried it? I'm considering doing it, but I need a little feedback because I have trouble waking up even in the morning. I like my sleep :)

Here's the article:
http://wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=183

Built
06-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Have a large shake or some cottage cheese and drink extra water just before bed. Have a shake ready to drink - when you wake up in the middle of the night to take a leak, knock the other one back on the way back to bed.

ReelBigFish
06-01-2005, 11:50 PM
I agree with Built. If you happen to wake up, then have something, but don't wake yourself up, just to have something. It's all about calories though. Just get the extra cals when your awake and have slow digesting stuff right before bed. Sleep is very important since that's when your body rebuilds itself.

Beholder
06-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Before I go to bed I have a cup of dry curd cottage cheese and 2 cups of 2% milk...works well for me! :)

smalls
06-02-2005, 01:15 AM
Have a large shake or some cottage cheese and drink extra water just before bed. Have a shake ready to drink - when you wake up in the middle of the night to take a leak, knock the other one back on the way back to bed.

I do this every night while bulking.

But remember, it's just extra calories. You make it sound like your going to get some amazing gains from extra cals just cuz you eat them at night.

wrestlemaniac
06-02-2005, 04:45 AM
I know people on this website who would go to bed eating cottage cheese and wake up in the middle of the night starving and eat more. I've had this happen, although I didn't eat cottage cheese. Bottom line is if you wake up hungry do you really have a choice? Actually, you do, it's to eat the right things (the things mentioned, along with the traditional bedtime snack : cottage cheese) or the wrong things (I'm no expert but anything at all that has sugar followed by sleep has got to be a mistake).

spencerjrus
06-02-2005, 12:10 PM
I eat a meal at 1am and again at 2:30 or 3am, I have to, sooooo hungry.