PDA

View Full Version : Which would be better for a late night sandwich (white wrap or wheat bread)

fierce
06-02-2005, 01:32 PM
I have a night class from 6-9pm with a 15 minute break in between where I want to eat a sanwhich... I am currently trying to lose weight, and trying to keep my carbs down (especially since ill be eating this around 7:30-8pm).. I know whole wheat bread is much better than white, but in this situation which do you think is better

Wheat Option - 34 carbs 180 calories

White Wrap Option - 24 carbs 120 calories

Which should I go with? Or do you think i should cut out the carbs completely this late at night, and go with something else... any suggestions?? (keep in mind its gotta be something i can eat during my 15 minute break and have it there in class)

Anthony
06-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Think about it. You're worrying about 60 calories. You probably burned more than that by typing your post.

It's your overall diet that will make a difference, not one meal.

fierce
06-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Think about it. You're worrying about 60 calories. You probably burned more than that by typing your post.

It's your overall diet that will make a difference, not one meal.

yeah thats true... i know its not much of a difference, and its more the carbs that im worried about not so much the calories....

if im trying to stay low on carbs, is it better to have 24 white bread carbs, or 34 wheat bread carbs? thats more what i interested in

Slim Schaedle
06-02-2005, 02:13 PM
I'd personally go with the wheat. And if you just agreed to what Anthony said about the 60 calorie difference, you won't have a problem with the wheat in terms of carbohydrate count.

spencerjrus
06-02-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm enjoying the plethora of late night snack posts we are seeing on the diet forum these days.

bigsethmeister
06-03-2005, 01:40 PM
How bout an oat bran wrap?

:)

darius19
06-03-2005, 01:55 PM
I have a night class from 6-9pm with a 15 minute break in between where I want to eat a sanwhich... I am currently trying to lose weight, and trying to keep my carbs down (especially since ill be eating this around 7:30-8pm).. I know whole wheat bread is much better than white, but in this situation which do you think is better

Wheat Option - 34 carbs 180 calories

White Wrap Option - 24 carbs 120 calories

Which should I go with? Or do you think i should cut out the carbs completely this late at night, and go with something else... any suggestions?? (keep in mind its gotta be something i can eat during my 15 minute break and have it there in class)

Eat cottege cheese before bed, its the ideal choice. Next question!

Built
06-03-2005, 01:57 PM
:withstupi

I eat cottage cheese at bedtime.

ryuage
06-03-2005, 02:24 PM
what makes cottage cheese the ideal choice, what if i truly cant stand the stuff, am I out of luck?

getfit
06-03-2005, 03:20 PM
what makes cottage cheese the ideal choice, what if i truly cant stand the stuff, am I out of luck?
i ate so much of it! i really can't stand the taste anymore! so i have yogurt with fruit and some protein mixed up instead

Built
06-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Slow digesting protein (casein), and it's cheap.

Hard boiled egg whites could work instead ... tuna ... chicken breast ...