PDA

View Full Version : Grapes

WILLGETNICE
06-02-2005, 04:02 PM
I ate a few handfuls of grapes today just cause I was hungry and had another hour and a half til dinner, these things did the damn trick. I really didn't eat that many of them but they got rid of my hunger and then some. Does anyone know the nutritional value of grapes or why they made me feel full after just a couple of them?

getfit
06-02-2005, 04:10 PM
www.healthalternatives2000.com/fruitchart.htm

ryuage
06-02-2005, 04:12 PM
your link doesnt work

getfit
06-02-2005, 04:12 PM
your link doesnt work
fixed :)

Progress
06-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Does anyone else get the runs if they eat like half a bag of grapes in one day/sitting?

ReelBigFish
06-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Does anyone else get the runs if they eat like half a bag of grapes in one day/sitting?

mmmmmmmmm....Fiber.

wrestlemaniac
06-02-2005, 06:34 PM
actually fiber doesn't give you the runs. In highschool biology (I know you're going to probably say that the source isn't the best because it's just highschool but meh) they taught us that fiber makes you regular. Fiber is sort of like a spunge. If you're constipated when it's digested it will bring liquid that it's stored to the "drier" areas and fix that problem. If you have diarhea (too much 'water' in your bowls) the fiber will act like a spunge there and soak up the extra water so it will just be regular. A lot of people think that Fiber is just something for constipated old people and if they take it they'll end up with diarhea because they are healthy but thats not actually correct (unless, of course, someone with more knowledge would like to correct me - which is always more than welcome).

Edit : Oh, one more thing. I know a lot of people will get the runs or get gas if they eat too many fruits so it's pretty normal.

spanky33
06-02-2005, 08:55 PM
:withstupi
you're absolutely right about fiber acting like a sponge.

Ataraxis
06-02-2005, 09:12 PM
If you're gonna eat grapes, might as well eat the ones with seeds in them. And you should eat the seeds since they have strong anti-oxidant properties. Or you could just eat seedless grapes and take a grape seed supplement.

+1 somewhat off topic post

ReelBigFish
06-02-2005, 11:31 PM
actually fiber doesn't give you the runs. In highschool biology (I know you're going to probably say that the source isn't the best because it's just highschool but meh) they taught us that fiber makes you regular. Fiber is sort of like a spunge. If you're constipated when it's digested it will bring liquid that it's stored to the "drier" areas and fix that problem. If you have diarhea (too much 'water' in your bowls) the fiber will act like a spunge there and soak up the extra water so it will just be regular. A lot of people think that Fiber is just something for constipated old people and if they take it they'll end up with diarhea because they are healthy but thats not actually correct (unless, of course, someone with more knowledge would like to correct me - which is always more than welcome).

Edit : Oh, one more thing. I know a lot of people will get the runs or get gas if they eat too many fruits so it's pretty normal.

Well thats goes to show you what i know..LOL..this discussion reminds me of the movie Friday, when his dad eats that bag of grapes at the beginning and then he has to take a big ****.

Dedicated
06-02-2005, 11:36 PM
You can eat too much fiber and it can cause serious problems, but you would need to eat I think it's like 50 cups of grapes a day. So enjoy your grapes:)