PDA

View Full Version : rate TOday's diet

tsungwei
06-02-2005, 07:10 PM
ok so here's what i ate today, please rate it.

2 BLT sandwich :total 8 lean slice bacon, 4 slice tomato, lettuce, 6 slice grain bread, ranch sauce

10 ounces tostitos chips ( almost an entire bag)

2 cups homemade bean dip ( cheese, salsa, refried beans )

64 ounce strawberry welch juice

48 ounce fat free milk

5 scoops whey

please rate my bulking diet. i know it's not too great, but i was wondering if it's acceptable.

fierce
06-02-2005, 07:35 PM
that just seems like a lot of crappy calories to me.... someone else can probably give you a better answer though lol

Built
06-02-2005, 07:37 PM
:withstupi

What a crappy way to eat. Bacon, sugar-water juice crap, chips, no vegetables...

Bleah!

ryuage
06-02-2005, 07:43 PM
sure sounds fun though

largelegsbuthot
06-02-2005, 07:44 PM
refried beans, an entire bag of chips, and fake juice?
well i can't see what's so unhealthy about that.

Chizniz16
06-02-2005, 08:45 PM
2 out of 10.

tsungwei
06-02-2005, 09:16 PM
ok. what if tomorrow i ate...

4 BLT sandwiches
a little bit of chips / dip

half gallon of milk
2 cups juice
vitamins / flax oil
6 scoops whey
6 eggs
15 oucne steak

is that decent?

Slim Schaedle
06-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Bulking? More complex carbs

Max-Mex
06-02-2005, 11:10 PM
sure sounds fun though

w0rd!

Max-Mex
06-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Bulking? More complex carbs

He's bulking. Who cares! We'll, his arteries might.

tsungwei, are you gaining weight with this diet? If so, then it's good. If not, then it sucks.

mihorne
06-03-2005, 12:42 AM
doesn't even seem liek enough for bulking, dounds like what kids eat when they first enter college

wrestlemaniac
06-03-2005, 05:03 AM
Thats a horrible diet.

Sorry but it really is

First thing I see wrong is you're eating potato chips. Seriously I know you're bulking but come on, thats just deep fried potatos (which really aren't even healthy to begin with).

Next you're only source of protien is from a suppliment. Thats not good, you need real food. Suppliments are ment to SUPPLIMENT your diet when you can't get enough normally. Next thing I have to say is that many scoops of a suppliment is probably a bad idea. I know it's just food but I think theres actually a warning on it saying not to eat a certain amount in a day unless you drink massive amounts of water or something.... I think it has to do with protien build up turning into kindey stones unless the water washes it out or something. Maybe I just read it on some website.....

Ok, but on to some serious help. It seems like when people told you what was wrong you just added more to it. Thats not what they meant. Do you count calories? If not then check out www.fitday.com . It makes counting cals easy. Also, as someone already said, get some good carbs in. Brocolli or peas or some kind of vegetable.

darius19
06-03-2005, 08:00 AM
What the hell do you need juice and chips for?

Geeper
06-03-2005, 08:21 AM
It's unbelievably bad, (well, not really but I haven't used the word "unbelievably" yet today)

It's bad!

Go and find the sticky on this site "What A Bodybuilder Eats" print off the grocery list there and LIVE IT.

You wan to put on size when you are bulking, but with that diet it will be a lot of fat, not a lot of muscle. The comments on fitday.com are right on the money too. Take in 220 grams of protein minimum and mostly complex carbs

Beholder
06-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Someone name off some foods that are complex carbs...im terrible with those.

Slim Schaedle
06-03-2005, 10:43 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

Beholder
06-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Oh good god....I have this list printed off and didnt even see that
gg reading comprehension.

wrestlemaniac
06-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Someone name off some foods that are complex carbs...im terrible with those.

It's been my experience that anything with Fiber in it is usually a complex carb.

(also LOL@"unbelievably")

but yeah, complex carbs are just real foods like veggies. Carbs without sugars. Real foods.

Slim Schaedle
06-03-2005, 07:32 PM
It's been my experience that anything with Fiber in it is usually a complex carb. (also LOL@"unbelievably")
but yeah, complex carbs are just real foods like veggies. Carbs without sugars. Real foods.
Sugars are "real" foods

Additonally, complex carbs are polysaccharides, meaning many sugars.

Your experience with fiber is not exactly true. Techinically, maltodextrin is a complex carb (it's a polysaccharide...two bonded glucose molecules) and has no fiber.

wrestlemaniac
06-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Well, yeah all carbs have sugars obviously but I just meant refined sugar. When I said "real" food I meant stuff you could just find in a garden.

Edit : I just saw what you said about fiber (is that what you edited in?). I just wanna say 2 things.

1)Thats not a rule of any kind, just an observation. Most things that I've ever noticed the fiber in are complex carbs.

2) I said if it has fiber it probably is a complex carb. Not if it's a complex carb it probably has fiber. You got it backwards. If you wanted to what I was saying wrong you should've given an example of a food with fiber that was not a complex carb (and it probably wouldn't be hard since fiber can be added to pretty much anything now and, as I said it wasn't a rule). Honestly I just put it up as a quick guide to hopefully help out noobies who said they couldn't tell the difference between simple and complex carbs. Something to start giving them a sense of the difference.

wrestlemaniac
06-07-2005, 05:17 AM
tsungwei plz post again since I doubt you impoved all that much. I know we were a little harsh but we're here to help.