PDA

View Full Version : Work Snacks

Unreal
06-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Stuck at a desk job all day and need a nice morning and afternoon snack. I've been using "zone" bars, which are 210 cals, 16g protein, 21 carbs, 7 fat (4 of it saturated).

Any good suggestions on healthy snacks? Trying to cut and want to keep fat/carbs down if possable. I don't have access to a fridge, so I just have a lunch sack with an ice pack in it to keep my stuff cool.

Geeper
06-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Here's my snack list (it's pretty hard core)

Can of tuna
Can of flavoured tuna (watch the labels some are OK for cals and fat, some are not)
Whey shake with water
Cold cooked brown rice
Dry Quaker quick oats (this will REALLY fill you up)

I eat at least 4 of those 5 EVERYDAY

Unreal
06-03-2005, 08:40 AM
I don't want to do carbs for snacks. So I've ruled out oats/rice as a snack. I already think my carb intake is too high.

Can of tuna is maybe, but my coworkers around me would hate me for smelling the place up.

Whey sounds like a decent idea. Just pack a jar of it or something and slam one down with water.

mihorne
06-03-2005, 09:07 AM
why dont you want to do carbs fora snack?

Built
06-03-2005, 09:15 AM
why dont you want to do carbs fora snack?

He's cutting. Carbs make you hungry, so they're better placed near your lifting if appetite control is an issue.

Unreal, if you have a fridge, knock back cottage cheese. I eat about a cup with a chunk of apple and some nuts or a tablespoon of natty PB and it keeps me full for a while. Whey always makes me hungry - digests too fast.

Hard boiled eggs are good, too. Toss the yolks if you can't afford the calories.

JiggaHertz
06-03-2005, 10:12 AM
I try to stay away from the can of tuna at work too because of the smell. What about chicken breasts?

Reinvented
06-03-2005, 11:42 AM
apples and PB work.....

pb sandwhich with a banana......

cottage cheese

Woodward
06-03-2005, 11:49 AM
apples and PB work.....

pb sandwhich with a banana......

cottage cheese
my perfect meal..

Unreal
06-03-2005, 12:23 PM
So far, cottage cheese, and PB/Celery seem to be good options.

Scooter
06-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Nuts
Sugar free Jello

bigsethmeister
06-03-2005, 01:30 PM
some of the things i keep here:

4% fat cottage cheese
hard boiled eggs
walnuts (good fats and good for cholesterol)
tuna
skinless boneless chicken breasts (cook em on weekends and store em in frige at work)
natty pb
foil packs of salmon
whey shakes
skim milk
chick peas