PDA

View Full Version : Tuna recipes

BG5150
06-03-2005, 08:28 AM
Does anyone have any good tuna recipes? I've been avoiding eating tuna because the only way I really know how to make it is with mayo on a sandwich.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

...bg

Asylum
06-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Here's a couple of personal faves for me:

1 can tuna
fat-free sour cream to taste
pickle relish to taste
jalapenos to taste.

Mix up and eat up. Yummy!

1 can tuna
Grey Poupon mustard - 1tbsp or so
chopped up cilantro

Eat up.

Or you can crack open a thermometer and pour in a little extra mercury to add to the mercury already there. lol

wrestlemaniac
06-03-2005, 07:36 PM
Tuna + Salt + Pepper

YungLifter
06-05-2005, 11:16 AM
^^^^^Yup just the way I like it. I like to add some NF Mayo to just to give it little more texture.

Wannabelean
06-08-2005, 09:37 PM
Tuna burgers/patties

3 cans of tuna
3 eggs
Bread crumbs to hold it together
chopped up green peppers and onions
herbs/pepper to taste
dijon mustard

Put some pam into a pan and cook until brown on each side.

Usually makes about 5 good sized patties and I eat them for lunch/snack at night or during the day.

canadianbuilder
07-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Or you can crack open a thermometer and pour in a little extra mercury to add to the mercury already there. lol

canned tuna is made from baby, or young tuna fish so their mercury content isn't enough to be bad. If it was a full grown tuna then thats another story...

dissipate
07-05-2005, 03:28 AM
this is how i down tuna quickly:

boil a can of lowfat chicken vegetable soup. open a can of tuna. put 1 scoop tuna into mouth. drink a mouthful of soup. chew a little and swallow.

:D

Pasha
07-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Tuna + Salt + Pepper
Im with him. Good clean protein. 15g of it

YungLifter
07-06-2005, 10:37 AM
can of tuna has more then 15g of protein. each 6oz can of tuna has 2.5 servings each serving has 13-15g of protein so that x2.5 is lik 35-39g of protein per each little ol 6oz can of tuna gotta love it.

canadianbuilder
12-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Tuna burgers/patties

3 cans of tuna
3 eggs
herbs/pepper to taste
dijon mustard

Usually makes about 5 good sized patties and I eat them for lunch/snack at night or during the day.

How much bread crumbs do you use? I used 1 can of tuna, 1 egg, and 3/4 of a piece of toast for the crumbs. When I cooked it most of it fell apart?

Sose
12-27-2005, 02:20 PM
ive been trying to get some kind of tuna pasta kind thing going... has anyone succeeded with something like this?

maverick
12-28-2005, 12:30 PM
open can of tuna, dole on some hot mustard, dig in.

or

package of frozen spinach(thawed of course), 1 can of tuna, 1/4 of a med red onion, a couple diced mushrooms, 1 stalk of diced celery, 1 diced pickle, a couple tbsp of ranch, mix it all together and roll it into a couple wraps.

majorBRAWNtres
02-27-2006, 06:05 PM
just add 1 or two cans of tuna (the more tuna the less cheese for the pasta) to some mac and cheese
also cook regular pasta and add olive oila dn salk and peper and romano cheese and put as much tuna in it and it tastes delish

obsessivegrowth
03-14-2006, 12:28 PM
ive been trying to get some kind of tuna pasta kind thing going... has anyone succeeded with something like this?

Mix the tuna with spaghetti sauce, like you would if you were making spaghetti bolognaise.

I like to cook the spaghetti, or some other noodles, than drain and clean the saucepa. Then I throw the noodles back in along with the tuna and sauce, and mix it all and simmer until its all warm.

Serve with cheese!

oubobcat20
04-09-2006, 10:57 PM
franks red hot is golden on tuna

or use miracle whip lite

or use sourcream and diced tomatoes

FighterInSnatch
04-10-2006, 03:52 AM
2 cans of tuna
2 tbsp of Light Mayo
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese

Mix all together and divide onto evenly between 2 lowcarb tortillas.
Microwave for 20seconds
Add hot sauce on top
CHOW!!!!!

I could eat this 3x a day.

Beaner
04-11-2006, 01:54 PM
I make this up in the morning before heading to work and split it for my snacks durring the day with a yoghurt and an apple or banana. It takes about 15 minutes to cook and has about 75 g of protein in it.

2 tbsp olive oil
1.5 cup frozen vegies (includes onions, celery, carrots, peas, red and green peppers)
2 cans chunk light tuna packed in water
0.5 cup egg whites
spices (I use clubhouse greek, and roasted red pepper and garlic)

I fry the veggies in the olive oil until the onions soften then I add the drained tuna and spices. I fry that for a couple of minutes while breaking up the tuna chunks and then I add the egg whites and cook them in. Usually I grate a little old cheddar cheese in just because I love cheese but if you're worried about the fat content just leave it out. Put a little ketchup on top and you're good to go. Lots of protein and almost no fat and a tuna dish that's edible.

Built
04-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Tuna on a hot sweet potato.

Tuna mixed half and half with cottage cheese.

Tuna and avocado.

Shadow Monkey
04-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Tuna with mayo and mustard on a whole wheat bagel

Tuna with Hot sauce and crackers

Tuna with mayo, lettuce, tomato and pickle on a multi-grain tortilla

Bohizzle
04-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Tuna with "real Mayo" (no transfats), hot sauce, garlic powder, crushed balck pepper and put on two bagels.

Andrew

FighterInSnatch
04-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Tuna with "real Mayo" (no transfats), hot sauce, garlic powder, crushed balck pepper and put on two bagels.

Andrew

This one sounds promising.

Bohizzle
04-11-2006, 06:18 PM
it's very yummy :D (i can't stand tuna by itself), but with the hot sauce, garlic and pepper, especially spread on the bagel u can barely taste it.

Andrew

McIrish
04-11-2006, 08:26 PM
1 6.5 oz can tuna
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4-1/2 cup spinach leaves
a few pieces of celery and apple
pepper to taste

Throw everything in a blender, shake/stir it up while blending, spread on 2 slices of wheat bread. Mmmm. It's like a homemade tuna salad sandwich.

McIrish
04-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Tuna burgers/patties

3 cans of tuna
3 eggs
herbs/pepper to taste
dijon mustard

WOW. I just made one of these (1 can tuna, 1 egg, bread crumbs, a little Emeril Ligasse spice) and it was AMAZING. Props, WBLean, I'm hooked on tuna now (I was previously trying to shovel down the stuff whenever I could manage it).

Bikkstah
04-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Can of Tuna + Bottle of Hot Sauce + Bottle of water = easy.

FighterInSnatch
04-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Will someone try mine and let me know what you think? Thanx

Man I'm craving tuna and its 8:30pm.

jkirkpatrick
04-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Rice, chicken base soup, tuna.

Yum.

Duffman
04-12-2006, 10:01 PM
my personal fav's are

3 eggs
1 can of tuna

put on some whole wheat bread and makes a delicious sandwich.

or as someone else said tuna and macaroni

1 can of tuna
however much noodles you want
however much cheese you want
however much honey you want

boil noodles and then mix in the other ingrediants. this one is delicious and great if your trying to get alot of calories

ericg
04-13-2006, 06:27 AM
I like tuna with salsa. good stuff

Mefistofele
04-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Tuna Burgers

3 cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
1/4 cup flax meal
4 scallions (green onions), minced
2 tbsp black mustard seeds
2 omega-3 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp soy sauce
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 tsp olive oil

Combine all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a large bowl. Form into two large patties. Pan fry the tuna burgers in a skillet with the olive oil over medium heat, for about 6 minutes on each side, until both sides are browned and the burgers cooked throughout.

Servings – 2
Per Serving
Calories (k/cal) 475
Protein (g) 63
Carbohydrates (g) 14
fiber (g) 7
Fat (g) 18

Shadow Monkey
04-15-2006, 01:20 PM
my personal fav's are

3 eggs
1 can of tuna

put on some whole wheat bread and makes a delicious sandwich.

or as someone else said tuna and macaroni

1 can of tuna
however much noodles you want
however much cheese you want
however much honey you want

boil noodles and then mix in the other ingrediants. this one is delicious and great if your trying to get alot of calories

I thought i would try something different today this is what i came up with.

6 boiled eggs 2 yolk
2 2.7 oz cans of tuna
1 tbsp of mayo
some salt and paper
and a multi-grain tortilla

Tuna and Mac is awesome, I might make some tomorrow. Thanks for all the different ideas everyone.

Just tried this one today.

1 tin Sardines packed in spring water
1 2oz can of Albacore tuna packed in water
a little mayo.

Cal. 200
Fat. 8
Carbs. 0
Protein 52

El Kelio
04-19-2006, 04:22 PM
2 Cans of Tuna, Mustard and Mango.

rray
04-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Some of you are going to think i'm nuts, but Tomato soup with a can of drained tuna in it is the greatest.

Keith
04-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Its called the..."the tuna melt"

Toast up 2 slices of bread, throw a can of tuna mixed with mayo on top of one slice, then throw thick slices of cheese on top of the tuna, then other slice of bread on top, then nuke that **** for 30...Take my word for it, its BOMB!

Stackattack
04-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Cook 1 cup (dry measure) brown rice, add a tin of tuna in olive oil and some cracked pepper. When you realise you don't have enough time to eat it, put it in a blender with hot water and chug.
It tastes awesome...

iEatBabyRabbits
04-24-2006, 01:05 PM
my favorite is:

1 can of tuna
1 cup of long grain white rice (1/4 cup uncooked)
2 tbsp of Thousand Island salad dressing
splash of lemon juice
season to taste

Just try it before you think it's gross. I could eat this everyday.

Saggas
04-30-2006, 09:00 PM
i do a quick and easy tuna pasta (before trying this i HATED tuna pasta dishes)
make the pasta like you would normally, then do what you normally would for a regular mince based sauce, accept i substitute the mince for a 450grm can of tuna. drain off the oil/springwater/brine and mix it in. add italian herbs + spices and serve. tastes damn good :)

K.Huget
04-30-2006, 11:02 PM
I don't necessarily have a recipe but something that goes GREAT with tuna is chives. Try any one of these recipes with chives and you won't regret it.

cirrusly_fast
05-07-2006, 09:06 PM
I just buy the tuna creations in the pouch. they have a few flavored ones. I like the StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked Tuna. Toast some wheat bread, add some cheddar cheese slices and bam.

also on the back of the pouches they have recommended recipies.

RedSpikeyThing
05-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I love tuna melts:
mix tuna with mayo, italian seasoning and hot mustard. Spread on bread. Cover in cheese and put under the broiler.

I also like ghetto tuna casserole (tuna and mac)

I found this recipe, which I have yet to try. I imagine it would be good, if you can spare the time. Thats right, it involves real cooking.

3 cloves garlic
2tbsp olive oil
1 28-oz can of tomatoes
1 6.5-oz can tuna, drained
1/2 tsp each oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt
1 tbsp capers (if you have them)

In a large skillet, saute the garlic in the olive oil for a couple of minutes, until softened. Dump in tomatoes, juce and all, and mash them up with fork or potato masher. Add the tuna, seasonings, and capers, and stir. Bring to a boil, then lower heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Toss with hot cooked pasta and sprinkle with lots of grated Parmesan cheese.

If anyone tries this, let me know what you think of it!

Kevin89
05-17-2006, 03:44 PM
1 Can of Tuna
1/2 Cup of BBQ Sauce
1 Egg

Then mix together and heat on a pan taste great.
You can also eat it with anything else you would like.

Mercuryblade
05-24-2006, 01:29 AM
Tuna and Mac is awesome,

YES

ClubberLang
05-24-2006, 01:53 AM
I like tuna with salsa. good stuff

*cosigns*

Axatem
05-31-2006, 09:48 AM
Tuna + Sriracha = :thumbup:

I'll have to try a couple of these sometime this week.

odawg
06-04-2006, 01:17 PM
tuna + mayo + hot sauce + bbq sauce + all on 2 peices of toast = delicious tuna sandwich

diesel_dan
06-05-2006, 02:50 AM
tuna + mayo + hot sauce + bbq sauce + all on 2 peices of toast = delicious tuna sandwich

That is good, except I've never tried it with the bbq suace. Will give it a try next time.

hottytoddychick
06-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Its called the..."the tuna melt"

Toast up 2 slices of bread, throw a can of tuna mixed with mayo on top of one slice, then throw thick slices of cheese on top of the tuna, then other slice of bread on top, then nuke that **** for 30...Take my word for it, its BOMB!

I LOVE tuna melts!! I toast the tuna and cheese too though, no mic, and eat it as an open face sandwich. Also tastes really good with mustard!!!

Mercuryblade
06-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Sriracha is good on everything.

hottytoddychick
08-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Kind of outdated thread, but I found two that are pretty good, especially if you're cutting.

Packet of tuna, add a little sour cream, Fat free

or tuna, fat free ranch and if you can afford the calories, little chunks of cheddar cheese.

Powdered_Power
09-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Try your regular chili con carne but replace the mince with tuna... full of protein and it tastes bleedin' gorgeous.

Asylum
09-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Try your regular chili con carne but replace the mince with tuna... full of protein and it tastes bleedin' gorgeous.

Please explain what you mean by mince.

Sontizzle
09-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Please explain what you mean by mince.
mince just means finely chopped

Asylum
09-03-2006, 07:18 AM
I understand what it means to mince something. But what part of the recipe is he calling the mince and talking about replacing? The ground beef or what?

Powdered_Power
09-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Ah, well here in English speaking Europia we just call it mince, but yes it would be minced ground beef apparently :-)

tigo
09-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Sriracha is good on everything.

same with Tapatio :D

http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/00tapitiolg.jpg

tigo
09-09-2006, 02:24 AM
here's one if you guys like baking

16 oz tuna (lil more than 3 cans)
1 cup cottage cheese
3-4 cups broccoli

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup mozarella

put tuna, cc, broccoli in a blender and have fun

pour the mixture into a pot
mix in the eggs and milk

take a cupcake\muffin tray, grease lil cups so its non stick

fill each to top with mixture, put in preheated oven for 50 min @ 350 degrees or until you can poke it with a fork and it comes out clean

pretty good recipe.. just like a queisch (sp) kinda.

rrich49132
09-11-2006, 06:56 PM
I used two cans of tuna and one egg as well as the onion bread crumbs mustard and a tiny bit of mayo. These are awesome and a great way to get protein in. I am hooked. I just went out and bought 20 cans of tuna. OH YA got to love the PROTEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!