PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life by Dave Tate - June 5th 2005

Joe Black
06-05-2005, 02:50 AM
How dedicated are you to the iron game? "Massively!!!" I hear you scream! Well.. Step into Dave Tate's shoes to find out what it REALLY is like to live, sleep, eat and breathe weight training.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=212

Discuss away! ;)

bill
06-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Nice read

HahnB
06-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Very nice.

Dimitri
06-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Very motivating. I respect Tate for his dedication and love for the sport , I have to ask though, even if its more philosophical than realistic because as I lifter I know that the we can only go all the way, is there a threshold, a kind of rule, a system (perhaps to avoid the chase of the biggest lift) by which we can lift through our 30's and 40's without risking serious injuries and without worrying if we'll be able to walk in our sixties like Dave said? I really love lifting and I dont want to sound lighthearted but sometimes I get frustrated with the vanity of living in constant pain for nothing

Don Birnam
06-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Straight up, this kind of article makes me so very sad because it makes weightlifting so horribly unappealing...

HILL
06-21-2005, 06:33 AM
It is a good article but at the end of it he says he loves training at the start makes it sound like he would rather be doing anything but. I look forward to the gym everytime i go but im only 19 maybe that is to come with age?