PDA

View Full Version : Down, down, down into 'abs zone'

hooty mcboobs
12-08-2001, 12:50 AM
I started lifting seriously in early September after a month of eating Burger King and McDick's almost daily, drinking until my liver old me no, and being a lazy, lazy mofo. Needless to say, I was on vacation!

Well, when I got back to reality, I had ballooned to 194 lbs at my fattest. So I decided to take things into my own hands and start lifting seriously. Well, to make a long story short, I've made very good gains and I now use the notch on my belt two notches below where I used to wear it. I've started a keto diet to really jumpstart the fat loss.

On Tuesday, I weighed myself and I came in at 183. That was my last work-out. I've decided to take a week off to rest and to get used to the keto diet. I've only been doing cardio and on Thursday I weighed in at 181 before 60 minutes of cardio. Tomorrow I'm going to go back to the gym for another great cardio session.

My goals are to get down to 10-12% bodyfat from what I'm guessing to be around 14-15%; not too huge of goals, but important to me nonetheless. Oh, for my vital stats, I'm 18, 5'11", and am going to be taking a thermogenic (Xenadrine, but I might switch to Ripped Fuel Extreme), a multi-vit, Evening Primrose Oil, Lecithin, vit e & c, proten powder, and omega 3,6 & 9 fatty acids.

The first day of the keto diet consisted of:
#1: 2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites + 30g light cheese
#2: Labrada Chocolate mint bar
#3: 200g ham + 85 g salad + 15ml oil & balsamic vinagrette dressing
#4: 1 scoop protein powder + 250 ml skim milk +15 ml canola oil
#5: 1 1/2 scoops protein powder in milk
#6: 45 g light cheese

This is pretty much gonna be the typical diet for this journey. Lots of veggies like salad, celery, cucumber, TONS of meat, ie, chicken, beef, pork. A few protein drink a day, and as much water as the eco-system can lend me without serious side-effects on nature.

For a post-workout drink I'll have 30-40 carbs and whey powder for a mild insulin spike to pack those aminos into my muscles.

hooty mcboobs
12-08-2001, 12:53 AM
Another thing, today, on the third day of the diet I tested positive for ketones (mildly) using ketostix.

Tryska
12-08-2001, 06:32 AM
hey....welcome to the board...and good luck!

your diet is quite similar to mine, i'm curious to see how it works for you.

hooty mcboobs
12-09-2001, 06:33 PM
Ok, today's the 6th day of keto and I finally went back into the gym after a week off. Today was shoulders and I weighed in at 178 lbs.

Before I post my routine, there's one rule: no laughing at the poundages! I also warm up by jogging for ten minutes, then briefly stretching and I do one warm-up set with high reps and low weights.

Shoulder press (machine) #1: 15 x 110 lbs #2: 10 x 140 followed immediately by a drop of 8 x 90.
Lateral raise, seated, with pretty strict form #1: 12 x 20 #2 10 x 25 ---> (drop-set) 8 x 15
Arnold press: #1: 11 x 35's #2: 5 x 40's #3: 6 x 40's --> 4 x 25's
Upright row: #1: 10 x 90 #2: 4 x 100 --> 8 x 60
Bent-over lateral raise: 15 x 35 #2: 12 x 40
Reverse pec-deck: 12 x 112.5 --> 8 x 75
Shrugs: 15 x 70's #2: 12 x 75's #3: 12 x 80's

After that workout, I finished of with a couple of rounds of rope crunches, decline sit-ups, hanging leg raises and standard crunches. Then it was off to cardio where I did 20 minutes on an elliptical rider and 15 minutes on the treadmill, both at medium intensity. When I came home, I tested mildly again for ketosis.