PDA

View Full Version : Summer Football Training

Pages : [1] 2

SW
06-06-2005, 10:51 AM
This will be my journal for the summer until football starts. I'm entering a new phase in my road to being a piece of iron. I'm really exited about this one, because I've had my first training day for football (mon thru thurs every week this summer).

We did alot of speed/explosion type training, then we lifted weights and did some running. I like it alot. I took it easy today, so the #'s will be a little lower than last time. But by the end of this week I'll be back full steam.

Bench
135x10
225x4
245x4
275x4 a little difficult, but hey, I've been gone awhile.

Squat
135x5
225x4
245x4 easy, all easy. Just taking it lightly the first couple of days.

These were the only exercises worth reporting. I will keep a running log of my football experience every day. THIS WILL BE FUN!

ryuage
06-06-2005, 10:55 AM
:spam:

Coke
06-06-2005, 11:08 AM
The team's a winner already with U on board!! - Off and running with it in a big way man...good luck all summer.

SW
06-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Thanks alot bros, you're support means alot.

I'm super pumped for tomorrow's workout! Suck I have to sleep until then!

SW
06-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Let me make one thing clear, I LOVE THIS! I hurt worse than I ever have in my life right now, and it's been about an hour since I got off training. Here's what we did, and I'm probably leaving crap out.

We ran ladders in the gym
Did jumping up and down and in bursts on the plyo boxes
We did explosive techniques with a medicine ball, LOTS of throwing in sets of ten in different explosive movements. Like a 4 point stance, then a burst up, then throw. again and again and again.
Then we lifted.

Power Cleans
135x4
155x4
165x4
185x4 This pwned. It's so exhausting, and that's what makes it so fun.

Hex bar (1st time in a year)
225x4
275x4
275x4 Felt good. I was probably good for 3 plates though.

Supermans, 3x10
Reverse pushups, 3x10 ( you laid down underneath the squat rack, grabbed the bar which was sitting on the safety bars, and did 3x10 pullups to where your neck almost touched the bar.)
Partner neck stretching

Jammer ext. (also been about a year)
55 per side x3
90 per side x3
100 per side x3 Did some other weight too, can't remember.

Other crap I can't remember we did. It was very fun and I will enjoy it all summer.

SW
06-07-2005, 10:19 AM
I was super sore and super hungry after this, so here's what I've eaten today.

Pre-training
1 glass of water

Training
some drinks of water, very little

Post-training
5-6 potato chips, 1 ae strawberry milk

2 and a half cans of tuna, 3 slices of bread

2 more glasses of water

1 glass of milk

2 protein shakes (my grannie bought them for me, bless her heart. I drink them because she bought'em, but if they help me any I may just keep getting them).

I think I've done quite well today. I'm not hungry anymore, and almost all of what I ate (excluding the chips) will help me recover. Let's see, water for hydration, milk for bones and muscle condition, tuna and shakes for muscles. Bread for fiber. It's all good.

Coke
06-07-2005, 10:27 AM
This football thing has got us all hyped as well bro...I really like what I see here, we may very well have an explosive NFL prospect on our hands - U seem to be made for this stuff, lol.

SW
06-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Coke: As always, your support helps alot bro. Thank you.

I went outside for awhile, then all of the sudden, whoa, this incredibly sleepy feeling hit me. So I took a 2 hour nap, then when I woke up, surprise surprise, I was HUNGRY. So I began eating again.

1 glass of water
1 can sierra mist (ain't perfect lol)
2 turkey sandwiches, plain
2 large chunks cheese

I feel supercharged now. I wish I could meet up with my coach again, a guy whom I really respect, and hit.....the weights or something again.

A brief overview of my school's history. We have no Permian football dynasty, no feared team. It's because of 2 things: Our 2 coaches in the past 4 years have sucked. And the guys haven't been trying because they think they will fail. So they don't practice hard or lift hard. That will change, or they won't be on the team. That's our new coach's point of view, and I like it alot. This is my first year playing (grandpa forbid me previoius year, thought I'd get hurt. I will. But the other guy is ****ed) and I"m really exited.

I just want to go out there and do my job, which will be either or both nosegaurd and center. I will be going up again 350 lb guys, but I can gaurentee I'll be off of that line before them, and bury my shoulder in their guts. Damn I just want to play, and the season's a ways off. Besides, I'll be stronger than most of them by that time, and hopefully faster. You guys may already know this, but my rage is insane when I get hit. I scare people. It's just going to be in a good sense this time. Which reminds me, I haven't kicked anybody's ass in a long time. Must be all the lifting and stuff keeping me busy doing constructive things lol. Whoever gets this far in this post, thanks lol.

JeffWillConquer
06-07-2005, 03:57 PM
sounds badass dude. How are you a quarterback murderer at guard or center though? You'd be the quarterback's best friend.

JTyrell710
06-07-2005, 05:58 PM
me thinks he's playing D-Line. Defense = the position for the angry guys and the kids who cant catch.

SW
06-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I'd be the QB's best friend when I was on offense, but if I get through on defense...he's ****ed. I really think I have what it takes to make a hole and murder the ****er. At least that's the plan lol.

JT, yeah man, after the first play I have a feeling I'll be the maddest dude you don't want to see on defense. I'm gonna love this game. The training for it is a blast.

Here's what is left of today's intake.

2 more protein shakes, they make me sick so I gulp them in 2-3 seconds.
1 walking taco
1 can dr. pepper
2 glasses of water

I kept things fairly clean today, I'm just trying to eat plenty and flood myself with protein for optimal gains in speed, strength, agility, everything I'll need for football.

EDIT: btw, since i started drinking protein (yesterday) I've been farting fit to kill people. It's bad.

JTyrell710
06-07-2005, 09:51 PM
after the first play I have a feeling I'll be the maddest dude you don't want to see on defense. I'm gonna love this game.

EDIT: btw, since i started drinking protein (yesterday) I've been farting fit to kill people. It's bad.

I'm completely a mild-mannered person, but as soon I step in on D, I get angry. I can't help it. I want to hurt someone.

And I notice a great increase in my stinkage when I suddenly increase my protein intake, maybe move more gradually into a high-protein diet?
..Nah, farts aren't so bad.
Now if only I could get that damn Haz-Mat crew off my lawn...

SW
06-08-2005, 10:57 AM
What position do you play?

Right now I stink normally ;)

Today was easy, I wish it was harder. First we talked for a half hour about plays, then did 10 minutes of warmups, then did some special teams stuff. I found out I can kick the ball farther than our punter, which is cool but I won't be doing it. I am learning how to snap the ball. EDIT: then we played some flag football.

But hey, I was skins and caught the ball several times. I ran one of our gaurds completely over, but before i did he scratched me in 1 long, sick line from the center of my chest over my left pectoral. It started bleeding pretty good. I kept on playing, with pink sweat running from the wound all over my body. It was sweet. No one else got close enough after that for me to run into lol.

SW
06-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Better update teh diet

pre training
1 glass water (anything else and I puke)

drank some water during training, but little

post training
2 glasses of milk, 6 slices of bread w/ pb laid thickly on it, 1 gatorade, 5-6 doritos.

i will eat plenty more today if I have my way. It's going quite slowly....

drew
06-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Good luck dude. Keep up the big work and don't let anything keep you back. May you average 3 sacks a game. And break OLers like they were kittens (evil kittens).

Coke
06-08-2005, 12:45 PM
I read about the whole ordeal bro, lol - its gonna be real vicious on the field come fall and you'll get a rep beforehand.

SW
06-08-2005, 01:50 PM
drew: Thanks alot man. BAD KITTY! lol

Cokemonster: I hope I get a rep, I want them to know the pain that will befall them. I just can't wait to get out there and terrorize teams that have ****ed us over in the past.

I want them to bleed when I hit them over and over again. To reel in shock when our team is much better than it has ever been. To feel...FEAR. Fear of us, of me, of what we can do to them and our potential.

The first reason I wanted to play football is because I've always been a big, aggressive guy who just loves to pound people in sports. When I get hurt, it screws the other team (in wrestleing at least and flag football) over worse than us. It just motivates me. I want them to hurt me when I slam into them, I hope they're 100 lbs bigger than me, it'll just add to their shock when I slam them on their asses. AGHGHGHG!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, I just want to play soooo badly.

Unholy
06-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Lol, you seem pretty motivated. One thing about getting a rep though, I know this because I played lacrosse and whenever there was a player on another team that had a reputation whether it be for being the best shooter or the meanest defenseman then coach had us "take him out of the game" If you are soo badass that the oposition see's you as a threat they will play dirty to get you out as quicly as possible. So be carefull. Other than that your training is looking very good. Whats your age stats etc?

SW
06-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I've thought about the take him out thing. That will suck. But if I'm on the line and can only crash into the guy ahead of me, hopefully they won't have any time for tricks. I have lots of friends, I'll just tell them to watch my back lol.

My stats

Experience: 1 1/2 years training.
Bench: 285 2x5
Squat: 290 2x5
Seated row: 400 2x5 my best lift.

Cold and unflexed

Neck: 18 inches
Thigh/upper leg: 27 3/4 I think, it's in my old journal. I'll check to be sure.
Calves: 18 inches
Upper arms: 16 inches
Forearms: 13 3/4 inches

Chest is something like 53-55 inches (those were the measurements for prom).

Those are teh stats.

EDIT: Had to edit forearms and weight is 245 @ 20%

drew
06-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Will, if you haven't already, you should check out www.elitefts.com they have a ton of articles on strength and conditioning especially relating to football.

SW
06-08-2005, 02:17 PM
drew: hey thanks man, I didn't know that. I will drop by. You're just fortifying the fact that wbb has teh best ppl!

Holywars, I was looking again and it looks like bench is only 280 2x5, not 285. oh well lol.

Just for documentation purposes, My entire body still hurts like Hell. I've never crosstrained weights and conditioning like this before. The coach be knowin' 100% more than the last one.

drew
06-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Learn to work through the hurt, the payback will be tremendous.

SW
06-08-2005, 02:53 PM
hey, thanks for the advice bro. I will work through the hurt and I expect there to be plenty of it.

SW
06-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Well, got my handle changed to my real name, and went fishing and caught some big ole bass. Had a couple more pops cause I'm bad lol. It's been a good day. My legs feel terrible. It hurts so gooood.

SW
06-08-2005, 07:55 PM
1 protein shake, 1 more glass of water, 1 more of milk, and a big plate of roast beef + broccoli, potatoes, carrots, and onions does me for the day. Not to mention the fact that a few hours before I ate the same thing.

Exept for the pop, I've done well I think. I'm just trying a half hearted clean bulk here. Just to keep protein available for any muscle that wants to be built lol. I can feel my body getting faster and more explosive already.

My grandfather made some cake today. He makes really good chocolate cake. I'm not eating any :D

AdmiralDan
06-08-2005, 10:54 PM
New stuff is looking kosher. Nose tackle and center are the two best positions on the field. That is what I played when I was in high school. Well mabye nose tackle is the best and center kind of sucks, but still, nothing better than nose tackle.

drew
06-09-2005, 06:48 AM
Good eating Nick. Remember, bigger => stronger => faster. Just keep eating and working.

SW
06-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Admiral: Yeah, center means I'll be against the biggest guy. But that's what I want.

drew: Thanks. I will keep eating and working.

Today's workout went as follows:

Towel bench
135x3
225x3
275x3
275x3 almost completely back. My entire upper body is suffering lack of strength due to all this new ****. It doesn't have too much of an adverse affect on my bench.

Standing jammer ext.
35 per side 2x5 shoulders were killing me.

Box squat
135x3
225x3
275x3
300x3 easy

SKull crusher bar curls
75x12

Split squat w/ db's
35's 2x6

We're working more with functional strength than actually building it. Just pushing development in a different direction I guess. These workouts are sometimes incomplete because we don't get enough time. LIke today's. HOles everywhere.

Russian twists
1x20

Side crunches
1x15

Connecters (raising legs and arms straight up to meet over your body)
1x5

Then we went out to run some sprints. They were in between 5-40 yards each. We did 10 sprints (all sprints 100%), then 1 1/2 minutes rest. Then 10 more. 1 1/2 minutes rest. Then 6 more. 10-15 seconds rest between sprints. Didn't feel tired untill second set of 10. Almost died by the set of 6.

Shin splints acting up minorly. I won't have to run like that again until next thursday.

DIET:

1 glass of water, 1 glass of milk, 1 sierra mist, some more pop, 3 hot dogs, 3 hamburgers, 1 piece of breakfast pizza. Not doing too bad.

drew
06-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Nice work. DRINK MORE WATER!

SW
06-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks drew.

1 glass of milk, 1 glass of water, 10 crackers with heavy pb since last post.

MixmasterNash
06-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks drew.

1 glass of milk, 1 glass of water, 10 crackers with heavy pb since last post.

Eat more. and post again in 10 minutes.

SW
06-10-2005, 10:15 AM
hey mix. Man, I was full last night and didn't get back on to see your post lol. That probably wouuld've started more eating on my part. I do like to eat...alot :D

Going to my mom's today ppl. Going to have a rest day. i don't really like'em, but they're a necessary evil. That slice on my chest looks badass now. Looks like someone grazed me with a knife lol.

MM
06-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Nice bench workout, man.

Coke
06-10-2005, 10:39 AM
No doubt a big guy like you would get some form of shin splits...nice to see such variation in your training.

SW
06-10-2005, 11:03 AM
MM: Welcome bro. Thanks for props!

Coke: Thanks for droppin in. I'm not used to such variation, but I like it. We do strength training 4 days per week. Here's what our weekly schedule looks like:

mon
strength training
speed training

tues
strength training
agility and explosion

wednesday
skills and drills

thursday
strength training
interval training (running lol)

THis was until start of aug, then we do camps, 2 a days, and all kinds of fun ****. Fun. See, that's what I don't get. Everyone else thinks it's a chore to come in and do this crap (exept a couple of like minded friends). I LOVE this crap.

SW
06-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Here's what I've eaten today.

1 glass of milk, 1 protein shake, 4 pieces of bread w/ pb, while I was roaming the house looking for something I hadn't devoured yet, I saw a bunch of bannanas. 4 of them. mmmm. I can eat a bannana in record time, I swear. Time to get some water!

getfit
06-10-2005, 11:55 AM
oh my! new journal new name stop confusing me! :p

SW
06-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Back to this lonely journal. I've had some fun this weekend, caught a really big bass, and here's what I did this morning. It looks crappy because I didn't go hard on the weights due to lack of sleep + motivation :D

Bench
135x5
225x5
275x2 man that sucked. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night lol.

Squats
135x5 started to get nauseous.
225x5 whoa, better hold up or i"ll puke.

Lots of running and jumping, technique work.

20 pushups
bb curl sets of 12
db stepups

multiple other crap. Man this workout sucked. Did some sprints afterward.

drew
06-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Next time puke. There's nothing like it for motivation.

SW
06-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Since being a small child, puking has been something I hate worse than most things. I absolutely hate to do it. Now, in a game, if it comes, so be it. But here, when motivation is 0 today, it's alright.

JeffWillConquer
06-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Ahh man I hate puking too. Get some more sleep bruh. Doin good none the less.

SW
06-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks Jeff. I did get some decent sleep last night, and my session showed it!

Last time core lifts were 4x3, today they were 4x5. I did the same weight or increased it anyway! :)

Power cleans
135x5
145x5
185x5
185x5 compared to most who've done this for years, this is a joke. But I'll get there.

Hex bar
225x5
275x5
315x5
335x5 definitely can handle 350x5. 4 plates soon. Hopefully 5 before football's done (short term goal)

Jammer ext.
45 per side x5
90 per side x5
100 per side x5 ran out of time for 4th set. Got so into it I moved the whole machine 3 feet foreward. Could have went for 110 and got it methinks.

Plyo box jumps, I can jump and land on them without a sound. The only one who can. Funny because I'm the 3rd biggest.
Hurdle drills, over under, right left, all that crap.
Medecine ball. Got stuck with a 10lb because we didn't have any more 5's. Had to do 10 chest passes (15 ft from partner), 10 stepping with right, 10 with left, 10 from 4 point stance while exploding upward. My shoulders hurt for a good half hour afterwards uncontrollably. Even total ceasation of movement didn't help in the least. Felt like I was doing sets of 10 with OH db press CONSTANTLY or something like that. Really intense. This is a great drill.

Had a pretty good day.

getfit
06-14-2005, 01:24 PM
you've got some great sessions nick! and ya he's pretty messed up now!

just came to post your journal! :)

SW
06-14-2005, 01:31 PM
THanks a lot! My traps and shoulders will be SUFFERING tomorrow lol. Think I'll get in some fishing this evening :cool:

Unholy
06-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Good stuff, Suffering is a good thing in this business

Coke
06-14-2005, 05:12 PM
It is always a pleasure to check things out in here...seeing U thrive on the hard work and drills put you over the top. Bet you are the leader for the team - those scouts will be watching and talking as time goes by.

AdmiralDan
06-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Your lifting program looks very similar to the program that I used in high school. What is it?

SW
06-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Coke: As always you're inspiring and welcome. Thanks bud.

Admiral Danny Boy: It's a BFS variation, variated with plyometrics, explosion, speed, etc. Loose set and rep following it too. www.biggerfasterstronger.com

Went fishing, caught a 3-4 lb catfish and just dressed it. Night fishing rocks, tomorrow we have a flag football type of competition at a neighboring town with several other teams. Let's separate the men from the boys!

drew
06-15-2005, 06:41 AM
Nice catch!

Good luck with the flag football. Don't kill anyone.

AdmiralDan
06-15-2005, 07:30 AM
BFS is the same program that we did in high school. I had some great sucess with it and you should as well. My strength and agility went through the roof. You being a lot further ahead than when I started, should see some amazing results.

Focused70
06-15-2005, 08:43 AM
:lurk:

*offers Conan some popcorn*

Stash

SW
06-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Drew: Had to restrain self :evillaugh:

Admiral: Sure hope to bro!

Stashyboy: Yes! 1st time I've ever been offered food on wbb, lol. Thanks.

Well, flag football went well. We tied one team and lost to the other, the other being state finalists. We still played well against them, the only thing that saved them was their early momentum.

I came 2 feet from scoring as a Fullback! We all played some diff. positions, I like defensive end. We could have some contact, so I pinch blocked some recievers, tight ends, whatever they're called. It delayed them a couple of seconds so our guys could better deal with them. Considering we have a new coach this year (great guy) and last year we didnt' win a single game, AND they were finalists last year, we did well.

1 bad thing: I dislocated my shoulder going full speed, seeing my friend down, and diving over him so as not to kill him. I landed on my neck and shoulder, then rolled. I heard a sickening CRUNCH as my shoulder took all force from my impact. It felt wierd and was a little different looking, oh and let's not forget, PAINFULL AS ****! So I messed with it on the field until it went back, then took 1600 mg of ibuprofen, that let me play again. I was out for ten minutes. I still blocked guys, just got done mowing the lawn, took 3 tylenol, and I may want to take a nap. I"ll be fine, this crap isn't near enough to stop me.

They wanted to take me to the hospital, but that would mean bills and not being able to play that game, so I said no. Training tomorrow, sprints!

getfit
06-15-2005, 02:48 PM
oh no! hope you're ok :(

drew
06-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Nice work dude.

Watch that shoulder. Once they pop out, they just LOVE doing it again and again.

SW
06-15-2005, 02:52 PM
getfit: I have FROM, it's painful, but nothing I won't recover from. :)

drew: Thank bro. Yeah, Isn't it because you tear cartilage off or some ****?

BTW, I feel high as a kite and keep making stupid spelling mistakes that must be corrected. I also have been saying stupid things today. Must be the pain meds. God it still hurts after all of it. After I did it I just wanted to play tackle and get revenge!!!!!! Muhwhahaha!

getfit
06-15-2005, 02:54 PM
ha! well i've had my shoulders smashed up pretty bad it took forever to heal well it was from a bad accident but they seem to be full on now ;)

SW
06-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Wow that sucks! Anything permanent happen? How'd you do it? I was upside down in the air for awhile during mine lol.

getfit
06-15-2005, 02:58 PM
a truck hit me while i was on my bike and i flew against the wall shoulders first :(

they still feel tingly when it's humid out and this happened many years ago

SW
06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Wow, sounds way worse than my injury. It must've broken bones though, and I probably didn't.

getfit
06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
nick i was well padded(clothing wise) but i don't remember how many fractures i had but i had to be in some kinda weird cast strapped to my waist for over 6 months:(

if i wasn't padded well and without a helmet i would have broken my neck as well :(

Focused70
06-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Oh to be young again...

;)

Stash

SW
06-15-2005, 05:58 PM
gf, we're all lucky you didn't do that!

spamwise, you ain't old foo.

I just took a 3 hour nap and feel more in my mind. Whew, but the pain.

MM
06-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I've thought about the take him out thing. That will suck. But if I'm on the line and can only crash into the guy ahead of me, hopefully they won't have any time for tricks. I have lots of friends, I'll just tell them to watch my back lol.

My stats

Experience: 1 1/2 years training.
Bench: 285 2x5
Squat: 290 2x5
Seated row: 400 2x5 my best lift.

What do you call a seated row? Is this an overhead row?

MM
06-15-2005, 07:47 PM
If you're clean bulking or cutting, you might consider taking green tea supplementation. It's supposed to help with endurance during training and reduces cravings, all while providing cancer preventing compounds.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/01/050128221248.htm

SW
06-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Nope. I sit down on a bench, with it lined up with the pulley cable machine, put the 2 hand grips on the cable machine, sit with my arms fully extended and then sit another couple of inches back farther to maintain constant tension. Then I pull the handgrips to my chest or 2 inches from. Isn't that what a seated row is?

SW
06-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey, the green tea thing may be a good idea. I'll buy some soon and try it. I'm kinda doing a clean bulk, but nothing serious. Just trying to make a few gains during the summer here.

MM
06-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Isn't that what a seated row is?

Yeah, but I've never seen a pulley station with 400lbs.

That is an impressive lift.

SW
06-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Our stack goes to 180. I compromise by stealing 3 pins from the jammer ext. machines, 6 35's, and I think a 10. I hang'em all over. I used to do low lat pulldowns, but snapped the older machine's cable. That came after I knocked it off of the track once. So I stopped doing them. I was doing 445x5. I keep good form all the time. And thanks bro.

MM
06-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Oh man, snapping a cable with 400+lbs must have been a sweet gym experience.

SW
06-15-2005, 08:20 PM
:D weights went everywhere. I just was there motionless for a second in the suddenly quiet gym. I went and got some water :)

SW
06-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Well, decided to put myself through pants wetting pain on a spur of the moment thing, so I got my shoulder to rotate FROM and it can. I think, after this examination, I jammed the ****er straight up into the joint, then worked it out.

When I first did it, it literally wouldn't let me do a front raise motion. I would slip and fall straight down. Now it can do FROM. It has popped a couple of times. I'm pretty sure I jammed it really good. Took 3 tylenol to sleep tonight lol.

I can't wait for sprints tomorrow. Am I insane?

JeffWillConquer
06-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Yes. But it's awesome.

Coke
06-16-2005, 05:32 AM
Just read about what happened out on the field and the aftermath, U are one hardcore dude Nick.

SW
06-16-2005, 05:43 AM
Jeff: That it is.

CoCoa: Hey thanks man. It was some intense crap.

I couldn't fall asleep last night for an hour. It just hurts. This morning, it's very stiff and I just stretched it out some and it hurts worse now.Yesterday when I was active it felt loads better, today should do the same. I'm not taking any drugs, that's over. I just needed to take the edge off of the pain so I could concentrate on the game yesterday, and so I could sleep last night.It's almost as bad as when I first did it. I can take it.

SW
06-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Ok, this sucks. I've never hurt so bad in my life. That's all I'm gonna say about that. Shin splints hit with a vengence due to the 26 sprints in 10 minutes thing. I am proud to say I gave 100% the whole time. I couldn't lift. I will take time off. I don't want to, but I HAVE to to prevent further injury. Better now than the season.

getfit
06-16-2005, 08:38 AM
when you're warm it never hurts once your body starts to cool off that's when you feel the pain!

drew
06-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Ice your shins. Heat your shoulders. Haet my shoulders. :D

SW
06-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Feisty Greecian: You've got that right!

drew: Thanks for teh advice. Shins won't hurt until next week when I sprint again.

This will be a long time healing, but I'm on top of it :) And optimistic.

SW
06-16-2005, 08:07 PM
It hurts pretty bad. It never ceases. I have broken down and taken some more tylenol. I went to my cousin's basball game. They t ied. Later.

Focused70
06-16-2005, 08:32 PM
:(

I feel for ya, man.

Stash

jordonwuff
06-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey man; I was bored and searching around the forums and found your journal. Good read :) I just started the summer Football Weightlifting/Running **** and I agree, it's awesome. Mon/Wed/Friday we lift for an hour then run for 40 minutes. Monday sucked because we had to run 5 sets of 300 yd's (basically a full lap around the track) after each set we got a 20 second break. Since I'm a linemen we had to do it under 65 sec. and people that run the ball was 55 sec. :)Glad To Be A Lineman:) Haha.. Wednesday we did some intense lifting, then went back on the trap and ran two laps at full pace (Half Mile) then we did 40 yard sprints. Two upper classmen were throwing up. Feels good to be a huge Freshmen and be able to hold my own :cool: Last year we almost went to State (one game away) and this year our Varsity team isn't expected to do anything. So they're taking the good JV team and movin them to Varsity and taking 6 freshmen to move them into JV. The coach said if I showed him what I'm made of then I'm guaranteed a 2nd string spot at Defensive/Offensive Tackle. We play a 3-Man defensive line. I'm glad you play Center, it's a very hard role and the center piece in the Offensive Line. Keep up the good work, and remember that the more you put into each practice you'll get much more out of it in the long run.

Good Luck-
Jordon

SW
06-17-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks Stash and Jordan. I'm feeling better today luckily. I won't be lifting for...I don't know how many weeks,but it does feel better today. I've only had to take 2 tylenol. I'm starting to feel like my old self. I have kinda withdrawn the past couple of days, just been to myself and in pain.

Good news: I'm hungry, and I want to lift!

getfit
06-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks Stash and Jordan. I'm feeling better today luckily. I won't be lifting for...I don't know how many weeks,but it does feel better today. I've only had to take 2 tylenol. I'm starting to feel like my old self. I have kinda withdrawn the past couple of days, just been to myself and in pain.

Good news: I'm hungry, and I want to lift!
:hello:

MM
06-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Good luck getting better man.

SW
06-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the support guys. I really appreciate it. I do feel better. I will have to take some needed but HIGHLY undesired time off. Not too much, of course.

Even if I went to the doc, there's nothing he could do is what my coach told me. I have been working today (story of my life lol) and was able to get some use out of it. Things are looking up. Don't worry, I heal fast. :)

Today we "sat" some chickens, and in 21 days we'll have lots of little ones! I threw some hay, put the stabber on the tractor. Good thing I have a strong left arm!

Thing is, I can't tell my grandfather I'm hurt. He was against me playing anyway, and if I tell him....you can't understand how retarted he would become. I can't even begin to explain it. I think I've been hiding it well. Grandma knows. She understands.

My cousin's been over today. We played LOTS of Dynasty Warriors 5. It's a really great game. It's what we do between working lol. Later guys!

SW
06-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Just checking in, giving status report. I feel better, my shoulder is better, and I am optimistic. Kinda. I NEED to lift. But, also I NEED to rest and get this badboy healed. Didn't have to take pain pills today, the pain is subsiding. I have the best range and mobility yet. It's coming along! Will check journals tomorrow :)

Coke
06-20-2005, 05:09 AM
Not only are you very athletic but also smart and intelligent regarding this whole situation...gonna be fantastic after you get some additional rest - watch out world, here comes the regenerated Nick - ;)

SW
06-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Coke: Thanks alot dude. As always your encouragement means alot.

Since I have stepped up working with my shoulder (light) it has really gotten more mobility. But it causes it to hurt more. It's the dull, non serious pain though. Not sharp and damaging. It gets better every day! Better to take time off now than the season! I've got people to smash lol.

This is the first day of summer football training I've missed. I will miss this week, exept thursday to do sprints. That I can do. I should start lifting lightly 2 weeks from now, that's tentative.

Right now my biggest fear is losing plenty of what I've worked so hard to gain these past few months. It scares me.

getfit
06-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Nick don't worry so much about it a few weeks isn't that bad! as long as you're fully recovered! :)

SW
06-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Yeah, you're right. I just worry alot lol, after all, it's my prized strength we're talking about here :zipit:

getfit
06-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, you're right. I just worry alot lol, after all, it's my prized strength we're talking about here :zipit:
;) hopefully i can go away for 2 weeks and just swim,eat,relax i need it let's see how the summer comes along! :)

SW
06-20-2005, 09:19 AM
After all, the summer is the best time for down time.

SW
06-20-2005, 05:52 PM
I've done some work today and feel better. No sleep last night :( Got some today :)

I'm able to lift fairly heavy objects now, I just have to do it slowly and carefully. It holds up :) ok, I gotta stop using smilies. I've went smiley nuts.....:) ;) ;( ;) :)

SW
06-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, goin' to mom's tomorrow and then camping this weekend so I'll have a fun time while healing. Pretty sure next monday I'll be able to go back into weights lightly.

WBBIRL
06-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Just read this up, nice journal... reminds me of my summer training. I just didnt stay motivated and ended up takeing from the age of 16 to almost 18 off of lifting. I quit at the age of 16 because I started hanging out with the wrong people, my strength was just starting to soar and I pissed it away. Its cool though because I've gotten back on track and joined up my senior year and had a blast, I was still pretty dominant but could've done alot better had I kept on the right track the whole time... I earned a starting position in 9th grade but let it slip away. Let that shoulder heal man, dont force it at all... seems like your being pretty smart about it but just be extra carefull. I screwed up my right wrist and didnt wait long enough, football camp started and I figured I would just have to deal with it, big mistake.

Whats your height by the way, were somewhat close in size except I dont know your height and Ive put on about 60lbs since 10th grade lol.

Coke
06-21-2005, 04:29 AM
The weekend camping will do wonders for you as will any R & R...glad to hear you are on the mend bro.

SW
06-21-2005, 07:15 AM
WBBIRL: Welcome dude. My height's 5"10'. Nobody ever thinks I am, they guess me at 6" regularly.

Cokemonster: Yeah, it will do wonders. If I catch another huge bass or 10, that will help too :D Thanks bro.

Finally, I get a haircut today.

MM
06-21-2005, 08:19 AM
Hitting the weights lightly is better than not hitting them at all.

Have fun camping bro.

SW
06-22-2005, 04:56 PM
^ Oh so true lol. I feel soft :( in my right arm tricep area because I've hardly done anything than let it hang the past week. It feels so good I can do anything I want right now exept bend it to the extreme, but as I've said it gets better every day. I can actually reach around and touch my other shoulder now lol. I just feel great because I know soon I'll beback in the mix of things.

Meat_Head
06-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Hey, you're definately strong and in good shape for your age, but you almost bench as much as you squat! That's not good at all, especially for your position! In my opinion if you can hex bar 335x5 you can squat over 300. Anyway, just keep pushin up the squat weight each week and it should catch up. I vote for puking next time to :)

SW
06-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah I have big legs too! It's confusing why my squat doesn't measure up to my bench. I guess I just need to bear down on it and MAKE it increase :D I already have good explosiveness, I just need more power scotty.

getfit
06-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Yeah I have big legs too! It's confusing why my squat doesn't measure up to my bench. I guess I just need to bear down on it and MAKE it increase :D I already have good explosiveness, I just need more power scotty.
feel teh pump! omg i can't believe i'm saying this once again :p

SW
06-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Lol I know I'll be working hard on it next week. I feel great right now. On the verge of hitting the weights lightly soon (next mon). I'll really have to watch and listen to my body though as I know damn well that I'll want to go full blast. I just know that it wouldn't be wise.

SW
06-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Well, I managed 5 pushups without any discomfort whatsoever :D I can't help myself. Tomorrow I take my grandpa to the hospital for a checkup (after chores), then we come home, dress 3 chickens, then go CAT FISHING the rest of the day!

WBBIRL
06-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Hah, goodstuff right there (catfishing). Glad to hear your not hurting anymore, and squats are a great lift man. When I was really into them they were by far my best lift, youll like them as you get heavier with em. Good luck on the catfish.

Nito
06-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Squats are looking good man.

LadyLifter
06-23-2005, 05:52 AM
nice work throughout man...sorry it took me forever to get back here but I promise I'll be around more now! :p

drew
06-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Best way to increase your squat is to squat and squat some more. Squat heavy, squat deep, squat often.

KevinStarke
06-23-2005, 08:29 AM
So in a nutshell... Squat

SW
06-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Good to hear from ya Lady! :) Drew, that sounds like a direct quote from Dr. Fred Hatfield (no relation). Good advice, Kevin.

drew
06-23-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm sure I've read it somewhere that Fred wrote it. I've read everything I could read about squatting.

Meat_Head
06-23-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm sure I've read it somewhere that Fred wrote it. I've read everything I could read about squatting.

Then you definately shoulda read alot of Dr. Squat's stuff :)

SW
06-23-2005, 03:21 PM
I've been on his site before. A long time ago though. I've never went back, but should because it's a great resource.

SW
06-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Got back from fishing, caught a small channel cat and a 2 1/2 foot alligator gar. Fought him for 10 min.

getfit
06-24-2005, 04:26 AM
Got back from fishing, caught a small channel cat and a 2 1/2 foot alligator gar. Fought him for 10 min.
nice one Nick i wanna go fishing again! :cry:

Coke
06-24-2005, 05:16 AM
That is some dilligent fishin mang - ;) ...great way to get the weekend started - have a wonderful time camping.

LadyLifter
06-24-2005, 06:26 AM
yay camping :D I can't wait until we go...have a great time!

SW
06-24-2005, 06:44 AM
gf: Stay inside and enjoy your air conditioning! That should lessen the fishing pains.

Thanks Cokester and Lady LIfter!

Looks like it's going to rain this weekend, so I'll go up to mom's today and go fishing with her tonight, then come back down tomorrow and then i don't know what i"ll do.

drew
06-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Go run. Running in the rain builds character and toughens you up.

SW
06-24-2005, 08:05 AM
I will when it does. I have before and it was fun. Keeps you cool.

Unholy
06-24-2005, 08:07 AM
I always get it in my eyes.

SW
06-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Lol the rain turned out to be in the early morning hours, and I didn't get to run in it. Running in the 100+ heat index temps isn't smart though, so I'll hold off on that. It's been so hot here this past week, I have hardly eaten. This gives me an idea: Cut in the summer! It's probably been thought of sooo many times, but who cares? Fishing last night was ok, no bass over 15 inches so it was an avg. trip.

getfit
06-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Lol the rain turned out to be in the early morning hours, and I didn't get to run in it. Running in the 100+ heat index temps isn't smart though, so I'll hold off on that. It's been so hot here this past week, I have hardly eaten. This gives me an idea: Cut in the summer! It's probably been thought of sooo many times, but who cares? Fishing last night was ok, no bass over 15 inches so it was an avg. trip.
hehe been hot as ever here went to the beach today weeeeee! :) well my diet consists of ice-cream,lemonade,protein shakes and lots of watermelon :p

SW
06-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Sounds like a very palatte pleasing diet!

Unholy
06-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Damn it I will not be enjoying any of these foods all summer :(

getfit
06-25-2005, 08:04 PM
Damn it I will not be enjoying any of these foods all summer :(
not even watermelon?:p

Unholy
06-25-2005, 08:22 PM
nope, well maybe during refeeds

SW
06-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Watermelon is sooo good. It fills me up quick for some reason.

1 MORE DAY UNTIL I GET TO START LIFTING AGAIN! and finally this journal will be worth reading again. Thanks for sticking with it everybody who has been keeping track!

jordonwuff
06-26-2005, 02:44 AM
Erg.. Sorry I haven't kept up with this Journal since about a week ago, haha. I'll start reading it more often :)

Umm.. On a lesser note, HolyWars is my biatch :cool:

Unholy
06-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Who are you lol?

SW
06-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Well, I've got a small rash on my legs bothering me some. Just more aggravation. My cousin called me and asked if I'd quit football. What?!?!?!?! QUIT?! He said "I didn't think so" and told me a couple of guys think I did. So then he said my friends chewed on'em a little bit and said I was hurt kinda bad. Tomorrow I'll show'em I'm back. Pussies. I know who they are, I'll have to take it up when we get in pads :evillaugh

MM
06-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Nothing better than catching an old catfish.

getfit
06-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Well, I've got a small rash on my legs bothering me some. Just more aggravation. My cousin called me and asked if I'd quit football. What?!?!?!?! QUIT?! He said "I didn't think so" and told me a couple of guys think I did. So then he said my friends chewed on'em a little bit and said I was hurt kinda bad. Tomorrow I'll show'em I'm back. Pussies. I know who they are, I'll have to take it up when we get in pads :evillaugh
go get em' :D

SW
06-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks Sylvia. It'll be fun. Can't wait for teh morning!!!!!!

jordonwuff
06-26-2005, 11:02 PM
HolyWars.. I am your stalker

Anyways, good luck tomorrow :) I have football camp starting tomorrow :cry: 5 hours of freakin football.. 7 o'clock registration then 8AM-10AM we have physical conditioning. Running, running, stairs, stairs, running :( Then at 6PM-7PM we have weightlifting, then 7PM-9PM we have yet another conditioning practice. There goes my week haha.. Monday through Friday.

And I'm ******ed because it's midnight and I'm still not in bed.

Good Luck,
Jordon

WBBIRL
06-26-2005, 11:55 PM
Yep, cowards fight with words... real men get it done on the grid iron.

SW
06-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Good luck jordan. I didn't get but 2 hours sleep last night.

Right on WBBIRL!

Finally, my first workout in a week. Had to go light, but it's all good.

Bench
135x12
155x10
185x8
205x6 No problems

Parallel squat
135x12
155x10
185x8
205x6 arm tolerated grabbing the bar well

Db step ups
25's 1x5 per leg

Db side step ups
10's 1x5 per leg

Buddy curls
50 1x2 1x4 1x6 1x6 1x4 1x2

Crunches
3x25

several aerobic and acceleration techniques finished off this torture session. It doesn't look hard on paper, but it killed. Damn it was fun :)

getfit
06-27-2005, 08:44 AM
sweet nick looks pretty good too me i'm really taking it easy good rest btwn sets and not heavy i felt everything hard as well but whatever as long i'm getting something done :D

SW
06-27-2005, 10:57 AM
thanks gf, and you're right, as long as something's getting done :)

Focused70
06-27-2005, 10:59 AM
:spam:

Coke
06-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Much respect Nick for getting back to it - U are a man of action, a man of your word...sweet restart to training.

SW
06-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Spamwise: thanks

Coke: Thanks as always for your support.

My hammies kill for some reason. Worse than usual. Good, I haven't felt that in a week. About time I felt some good pain for a change.

After I got home, I was outside for 2 hours in the hot, hoooot day. Heat index is well over 100 and temp isn't far behind. I already got very hot during training, and this second heating (I was driving a truck for an hour with no air, one window down 'cause the other doesn't work) and it must've been 120 in there. When I got out I felt dizzy. I went inside and after I got cooled down some, my nose exploded in blood. Bled quite well. Then I tried to eat something. It feels like it isn't digesting. I felt nauseous for awhile and had to lay down. I think the sun got to me today.

SW
06-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Well, I've relaxed some and now I'm hungry again :D I feel fine now, I just needed some time outta the sun and heat. I have almost bleach blonde hair now, with a nice but a little sun burned tan. Wish I could post pics :( Man I keep saying I'll try and I do, but no one ever has a camera, or somebody's borrowing it, or blah blah blah. Some unexpected day I'll have pics up though.

LadyLifter
06-27-2005, 03:00 PM
way to get back in there Nick - nice session!

SW
06-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks m'lady. Great to be back! The rash on my legs is getting worse though. It's part of why I can't sleep at night. I've got to get a good night's sleep soon or I'll lose it lol.

MM
06-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Good job finally getting back in the gym, Nick. Three weeks from now you won't even remember what "time off" feels like.

SW
06-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks M, I hope so. I"m off to bed soon, my hammies are teh kill. Gotta finish watching Kind of The Hill :) I think it's my favorite show.

jordonwuff
06-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Good job, keep goin at it :) Had 5 hours of football today.. 2 in the morning and 2 at night then an hour of weightlifting in the middle.. Sucked but it'll help in the long run. Glad you're staying on top of things

--Jordon

LadyLifter
06-28-2005, 06:21 AM
put some chamomille (sp?) on your legs...that might help the rash (my brother walks through poison ivy all the time so we've tried all the home remedies :p)

SW
06-28-2005, 10:24 AM
jordan : at least you're working hard. that's what counts.

Lady: Never tried it. If it continues I'll look into it, thanks.

Still going light

ladder drills, standing long jump, hurdles.

Power cleans
135x4
155x4
155x4
felt really warm, so what the hell
185x4 no pain at all. I just needed some blood flowing through, that's all.

Hex bar
135x4
225x4
135x4 decided to give it a rest, not pushing it.

Standing jammers
65 per side 3x4 went slow on them

Chins
1x4 not bad considering my obesity ;) and shoulder

Crunches
2x10

Leg raises
2 sets, one for 15 sec the other for 20

Supermans
2x10

Frontfacing pulldowns (you sit on ground, legs on either side of pulley machine, and pull t bar down to your chest)
180x10
225x10
225x10 God's gift to me. I can pull huge weights (this isn't one of them) on this dumb machine in perfect form. I can't explain it, just hope it stays. This was easy.

Today wasn't nearly as hard as yesterday, tomorrow is the flag football camp again.

Coke
06-28-2005, 10:25 AM
That is the way bro, going hard at it while training smart.

getfit
06-28-2005, 10:27 AM
yep! looking good my friend! :)

AdmiralDan
06-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Nice workout. Keep taking it slow and make sure your shoulder heals. I knew a guy who didn't give his shoulder a chance to heal and each time he hit someone with his right shoulder, it poped out of place, and that wasn't any fun.

SW
06-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Coke: Pushing things as far as safely possible bro.

Sylivia: Thanks alot!

Dan: That's the plan. I just got it to quit hurting a couple of days ago lol. My posts during those days were short and grumpy. I was a little loopy on ibuprofen for the first day :D

Gonna eat some hamburglers, then probably go out and work some more :D Also been helping my grandfather prove that agent orange was sprayed IN THE US and has caused irreperable damage to alot of people. Because of it, he has type II diabetes, thyroid problems, a minor skin cancer that cleared up, and other crap wrong with him. His son (my uncle) had to have open heart surgery when he was 9 or 11. We are putting those things together today and discovering all kinds of crap somebody's gonna pay for. ****, I may have diabetes. My blood sugar tested over diabetic level a few days ago. Gonna have that checked out.

Unholy
06-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Damn man :(

SW
06-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I hope it's ok. Just checked blood sugar again, it was 98, last time it was 128. 125 is diabetic. We'll just monitor it.

LadyLifter
06-28-2005, 03:10 PM
wow...good luck with all of that.

Let your shoulder heal and you're going to kill on the field!

SW
06-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks, I know I will when everything gets straight! I have a hard time taking things lightly though. In a while, I won't have to then I can start BUILDING muscle for a change.

SW
06-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Good news. I just snapped off a few pics of me and will have someone else take some more tonight. I have a scanner and I think I've figured out how to scan them on so I'll finally be able to post pics!!!!!!!!!

getfit
06-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Good news. I just snapped off a few pics of me and will have someone else take some more tonight. I have a scanner and I think I've figured out how to scan them on so I'll finally be able to post pics!!!!!!!!!
:clap:

MM
06-28-2005, 05:55 PM
My youngest brother is diabetic -- I hope everything turns out well for you. Keep us updated.

SW
06-28-2005, 06:50 PM
gf: yeah!

MM: Thanks alot bro. I will. It's probably nothing. But since I have a family history, and my blood sugar tested extremely high after eating nothing all night (sleeping) and no sugar had been introduced for like 12 hours, it was disturbing. But today I tested 30 points lower. I will test again tomorrow.

I got like 10 shots. They're all good I think, I"ll try to get them developed tomorrow.

Unholy
06-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Lets see them pics sizzun :D

LadyLifter
06-29-2005, 05:58 AM
:clap: yay pictures...wait does this mean I don't have an excuse not to post my own now?

Unholy
06-29-2005, 06:53 AM
Thats exactly what it means ;)

SW
06-29-2005, 06:58 AM
^ What he said :)

I'll have to make my way to town today to get them developed. Shouldn't be too hard. Either way, they'll be up today or tomorrow. Right now I stand at about 5"10 240-45 20% bf definitely no higher than that. I haven't been eating much during the day, but have really gotten the meat and protein in. At night is when I start to get hungry lol, it must be this insane heat.

LadyLifter
06-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Thats exactly what it means ;)

^ What he said :)

I'll see what I can do boys :p

Looking forward to those pictures Nick!! :D

getfit
06-29-2005, 11:14 AM
*taps fingers* i'm waiting! :p

jordonwuff
06-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey, good to see you're doing well. Watch that shoulder, some kid today threw his out in a defense/offense drill haha. Sorry to make this short, but im running on low energy :) Keep up the good work

--Jordon

SW
06-29-2005, 04:30 PM
good news bad news: I"m posting pics tomorrow, and I'm posting pics tomorrow :( With my busted ass car I can't get to town today, but tomorrow morning for SURE. Sorry to keep everyone waiting :D I have wanted a long time to put some up, and finally I will.

Wannabelean
06-29-2005, 04:35 PM
You durrr man, Nick. Looking forward to the pics

getfit
06-29-2005, 04:42 PM
good news bad news: I"m posting pics tomorrow, and I'm posting pics tomorrow :( With my busted ass car I can't get to town today, but tomorrow morning for SURE. Sorry to keep everyone waiting :D I have wanted a long time to put some up, and finally I will.
imma gonna see nick, imma gonna see nick :angel: :D

SW
06-29-2005, 04:45 PM
wbl: THanks dood.

gf: you sure are ;)

SW
06-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Pretty sure of squats and "interval" training tomorrow. Interval=Sprints from Hell. Then pics!!!!

Unholy
06-29-2005, 09:55 PM
yes pics!!! w00t w00t

MixmasterNash
06-29-2005, 10:05 PM
gf: you sure are ;)

Uh oh. They better not be those kind of pics!

drew
06-30-2005, 06:54 AM
yes squats!!! w00t w00t

:)

SW
06-30-2005, 09:41 AM
What to say, what to say. I've had a busy day. All before 10:30 in the morning and anything to eat mind you. I'll start from the beginning.

Didn't get much sleep, hellacious tstorm outside all night long. So we did interval training in the gym. First we lifted. I gave 100% THE WHOLE TIME and know for a fact i was the only one.

Front squat
135x12
could do no more on it as it ****ed my wrist andi'll never do it again
Went to box squat
155x10
245x8
245x6

Standing jammer ext.
45 per side x12 each arm
55 per side x10 each arm, then found out it was supposed to be 10 total, not each. ****.
60 per side x8
75 per side x6 This took alot outta me

Towel Bench (after all this crap)
165x12
175x10
185x8
200x6 beat my ass

Did some light Deadlift work.

In the gym:

Tied to each other with 10 foot strings that velcroed in the middle, we had to do sprints. Many sprints. Sprints form a 3 point stance. Side shuffles.Regular sprints again. Laying down and then sprinting. Sitting then sprints. If the guy in front broke the cord, then the guy in back had to do 5 pushups. Vice versa if the back guy tagged the front one. Man was this fun, I tweaked my arm pretty good once but it feels fine now.

Was totally exhausted. For some reason, I will call this one of the top 3 best workouts of my life. I enjoyed it that much.

Got home. Did chores for awhile. Then my ******ed grandfather decides it's a good idea to get two wild ****ing horses out and tie them to the tractor to teach them how to lead!!!1 WHy the **** not? It's only a stupid, crazy idea that could get everyone involved killed! WHy not! I don't like horses in the first place, for the following reasons:

Took 20 min to catch the ****ers, then anotehr 10 to get them tied. We were driving towards the road with them following when they went nuts. One got loose. Ran like **** down the road. ___I___ got it back to the tractor by an act of God. I went inside to boil some mac and cheese for my now starving self. I look outside after I set the water boiling. YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT I SAW. Both the horses running down the road at full speed. Grandpa chasing them with the tractor. I told this idiot this would happen, they busted the halters clean off! I go out there, slightly in a tiff (screaming and cussing every breath) we (IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII) finally manage to chase them back into the pen. I said "**** this ****" and went inside. I think grandpa gave up too. I'm ****ing starved. Time for mac and cheese. If they somehow get out again, I'll eat them too.

Unholy
06-30-2005, 09:46 AM
haha horse meat is high in protein ;)

SW
06-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Damn right it is Paul. Damn right.

More wonderful news: Our ****ed up town has no one hour photo, fastest they could get it done was 3 days. So this weekend I have to drive up to wal mart to get them developed. I'm gonna start losing hair.

Unholy
06-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Lol, do you use aim by any chance?

Coke
06-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Wow Nick, sounds like quite a bit of excitement. U exhausted = :thumbup: ...never thought I'd see that, lol.

SW
06-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Paul: No, I don't. I think I have a yahoo account somewhere.

Coke: Yeah man, I managed it. Actually, I get completely worn out every time, I just don't tell anybody ;)

I ate a whole box of mac and cheese, found some chips and theyfell victimtoo.

getfit
06-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Paul: No, I don't. I think I have a yahoo account somewhere.

Coke: Yeah man, I managed it. Actually, I get completely worn out every time, I just don't tell anybody ;)

I ate a whole box of mac and cheese, found some chips and theyfell victimtoo.
:drooling: ;)

SW
06-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Slept for a couple of hours :D Hey I was exhausted. THIS IS MY 3000TH POST!

I"m so proud of my diet today that I"ll have to list it. Cause it's special. MMMkaaay?

1 Gatorade
3 glasses water
1 box of mac and cheese
4-5 glasses of milk
3 cups rice, 2 cups gravy, 1 massive t-bone steak
2 plain egg sandwiches on toast

This was definitely a good day. I didn't eat anything too crappy, and loved eating this food.

Wannabelean
06-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Slept for a couple of hours :D Hey I was exhausted. THIS IS MY 3000TH POST!

I"m so proud of my diet today that I"ll have to list it. Cause it's special. MMMkaaay?

1 Gatorade
3 glasses water
1 box of mac and cheese
4-5 glasses of milk
3 cups rice, 2 cups gravy, 1 massive t-bone steak
2 plain egg sandwiches on toast

This was definitely a good day. I didn't eat anything too crappy, and loved eating this food.

2 cups gravy

hahaha, AWESOME!! :evillaugh

getfit
06-30-2005, 07:16 PM
i'm sad Nick i was looking forward to seeing some pics! :(

but i'm a patient gal i'll wait :)

AdmiralDan
06-30-2005, 07:32 PM
not a bad workout, but lets see the damn pics, so that we can put a face with the huge lifts.

SW
06-30-2005, 08:36 PM
You guys are kind. Thanks.

Yeah you should know the town I live near is worthess as ****. No 1 hour photo (thought they did yesterday, when I said i'd post them today), no wal mart, no anything worth anything. So I'd much rather have them developed at a wal mart so they're better quality and whatnot. I'm as eager to post them as you guys are to see them. So this weekend my grandpa said he'd make sure I got there, and when I do get them I"m scan'em on and post!!!

Unholy
07-01-2005, 07:15 AM
w00t, cant wait to see.

Coke
07-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Need to go digital with it mang...sounds like a plan for Xmas - everybody wants to see teh Nick's pics, lol.

galileo
07-01-2005, 11:00 AM
I probably missed something, but what's a towel bench?

SW
07-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Paul-Cokester: Damn right guys!

Gal: Towel bench is just like regular, exept you have a 3-4 inch towel on your chest that you don't go past when on the neg rep part. They use it in programs like BFS as an aux to reg bench. Same category as box squat I guess.

Wow, I've been working alot outside today, barely been inside. Still have to go unload corn. Rash is drying and going away thankfully. Ate 4 pork burgers (cattleman's assoc. cooked them, so they're not all processed and stuff).

getfit
07-01-2005, 01:25 PM
bring some corn over! ;)

SW
07-01-2005, 01:29 PM
I would but my piggies would be angry with me. :) They make lots of aggravated noises as it is.

getfit
07-01-2005, 01:41 PM
hehe nick i lived on a farm for many years it's tough but i loved it! :)

SW
07-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Yeah, all fun and games until YOU WAKE UP lol and realize you gotta go outside and proceed to work to the utmost, with an old guy yelling at you. It does build character though. and some patience. Wtf, who am I kidding? I have no patience!

getfit
07-01-2005, 02:53 PM
rofl! oooooo hun trust me i know i had 7 horses to take of ;)

SW
07-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Horses are cool if they like you and are willing to help you out. If they're ornery and try to run you over when you're leading them....that just sucks.

I just got done unloading corn, and something interesting happened to me after I was done. I was taking the trailor off of the truck ball hitch, which requires you to crank the handle. Well, it was being difficult, so I gave her some more juice. Finally, I was mad, and just cranked the bitch. It broke. The ****er actually broke. My grandpa just looked at me with a blank stare. Turns out I was turning it the wrong way. Go figure. The things a person learns AFTER the ****up are amazing.

getfit
07-01-2005, 04:40 PM
well nick horses we're alot of work but i got to go on trail rides all the time i lived in the country for many years when i was in Greece :D

SW
07-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Horse rides in Greece must be awesome.

getfit
07-01-2005, 04:44 PM
oh ya! i had an interesting life! :)

SW
07-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Anybody have any suggestions on things I should be adding to these workouts? Ideas for things I could do on the weekends? Lol it's never enough. I can't sit still.

getfit
07-01-2005, 07:52 PM
woodchopping is pretty intense Nick maybe try that out! :)

SW
07-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Are you psychic? I was about to mention that's what I was doing tomorrow. Cutting and stacking wood with a chainsaw and then splitting it if I can find the right axe. Oh, let's not forget, getting the film developed :D

getfit
07-01-2005, 07:57 PM
maybe Nick! i just though maybe that would be something you'd like to do :)

cphafner
07-01-2005, 08:00 PM
summer sounds like a lot of work for you. I'm tired just reading your posts.

SW
07-01-2005, 08:34 PM
gf: It's a great suggestion. Lol I was gonna post it anyway, but you seemed to know right where I was going :)

cp: Good to see ya around again bud. Yeah, I work most of the day in the summer, but I get on here alot through scamming and "breaks" :D I enjoy it, exept it could use less heat and more fun.

Speaking of fun, I'm camping out with some friends tomorrow. It's a dry camping thing we've started, due to some friend who got killed from alcohol. 12 people at least in IA have gotten killed this past month of June just from alcohol and car accidents. 1 I knew. So now Steven and I get together with some friends now and again at his house and go back on his land and have a Hellacious fun time. Last time it was flaming toilet paper, someone crapping form a tree (don't ask, wasn't me), and lets see..... 88 cans of pop and hide and seek in farm fields for 2 hours at 1am :D

Unholy
07-01-2005, 08:37 PM
souds like a hell of a time.

SW
07-01-2005, 09:28 PM
It's great Paul. You'd like it.

I just got home from picking up one of our hounds this lady found by the road. She called us and we got it. It's one of my best and she's a baby's ass so I let her ride home on my lap. She whined the whole time of course. Never know what'll happen next in my life lol.

SW
07-02-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm leaving in a little while to go to wal mart to get my pictures developed at their 1 hour photo! THen I'll come home, scan'em on, manage attachments, and everything should be good. Look for them in member's pics and on here.

getfit
07-02-2005, 11:29 AM
will do nick! :)

SW
07-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Just contacted gal for some advice on how to downsize the images, they're too big. When he gets back to me I should be able to post them.

getfit
07-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Just contacted gal for some advice on how to downsize the images, they're too big. When he gets back to me I should be able to post them.
:clap: i want to be the first to post :D

SW
07-02-2005, 05:32 PM
That you can! I'm going to start a thread over in pics and he'll come through later and put the pics in (I emailed them to him). Some are kinda screwed up (won't happen again), but some are really good. Either way you can definitely make them out. He left for awhile, probably to check his email.

Unholy
07-02-2005, 05:33 PM
nice i cant wait to see em.

SW
07-02-2005, 08:15 PM
That's right, bishes, pics r up! Finally. Been saying for months I was gonna, now with some mod (more than 1 :D ) help, it's done. Whew.

Diet: I ate 3 steaks, 2 piles of rice, only 1 had gravy!!!! A few glasses of pop I could've dealt without, 2 eggs, 4 pieces of toast and some milk. Oh, and lucky charms. I had grandma pick me up some. I hate you Paul.

lilmase1153
07-02-2005, 09:35 PM
nice journal bro a very intresting read.. good strength too btw

SW
07-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks Mase.

Thinking of doing a 1lb fatloss or maybe 2 cut. Might as well with all the activity I'm getting.

EDIT: That would be PER WEEK lol I was tired.

fixationdarknes
07-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Nice lifts bro. Good work.

galileo
07-03-2005, 08:28 AM
Gal: Towel bench is just like regular, exept you have a 3-4 inch towel on your chest that you don't go past when on the neg rep part. They use it in programs like BFS as an aux to reg bench. Same category as box squat I guess.

Gotcha! In other strength programs they used 2x4's and it is referred to as a board press.

SW
07-03-2005, 08:36 AM
fix: thanks man.

Galileo: never heard of it. It must be almost the same thing anyway.

Diet:
1 bowl lucky charms, drank milk
1 glass orange juice
1 glass water
1 bannana

Unholy
07-03-2005, 10:00 AM
mmmm lucky charms :D

PizDoff
07-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Help me here....from which username did you change your name from?

SW
07-03-2005, 10:38 AM
They're after me luckY charms!!!1!11111!!!!!1

superior_will is who I used to be. Good name, but I like this one better :D

SW
07-03-2005, 02:23 PM
It's official: As of tomorrow I will begin eating slightly below maintinence calories and let the loads of activity take care of itself. Will get bf weight etc. up when I can.

SW
07-03-2005, 05:08 PM
i will also be listing diet with fat, protein and carbs. It should also be noted that all pork, beef and chicken i consume was raised here on the farm unless otherwise specified.

the rest of the diet

3 hotdogs catsup+ mustard
3 hamburgers catsup+ mustard
2 glass milk
1 glass orange juice
1 glass milk

more liquids will follow this. I'm serious about losing weight.

SW
07-03-2005, 09:39 PM
I have made plans to do this cut. 3300 is what mrelwooddowd and I have determined is about right for my maintinence cal daily intake. This is due to my high activity level. Every 3 days I'll refeed. Gotta get this done. I plan on losing 14lbs of fat and getting close to 235@15% before I think about quitting. Starts tomorrow. I will list my diet including figures for fats, carbs, and protein.

Unholy
07-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Okay, 3300 is maintance so your gonna be eating abotu 2800 right? Also there is no need for refeeds unless you are doing super low carb and even then they should be a week apart.

SW
07-04-2005, 07:54 AM
hmmm, that could be what ****ed me the last couple times i tried this. thanks for the info bro keep it coming because if there is one thing i suck at in this game it's cutting!

Wannabelean
07-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Don't "refeed" just have a day where you eat above maintenance calories and do what you want to do to keep your sanity. If you screw up on your diet during the week, DO NOT have your "cheat day."

By doing this, you will gain discipline.

Also, to make my cheat day less of a blow to my diet, I like to cheat on my leg day since I figure I burn the most amount of calories on that day. Goodluck Nikoli

Unholy
07-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Also with 3300 calories at your fingertips you can still enjoy some good food, I would start using www.fitday.com to make sure you get the macros you need, believe its not as hard as it sounds. Unless your doing the ubber low carb and refeed diets cuttign isnt too bad.

SW
07-04-2005, 11:05 AM
wbl: Thanks for the info dude, and the advice will be useful :)

Peter Paul and Mary: 3300 will be some decency lol. I've been on fitday before and it made me mad, but i'll use it to get some #'s on some things.

Ok guys, I'm ****ing serious about this cutting. It WILL work for the sheer fact i say it will. I have all kinds of sheets with # of protein,calories,carbs,sodium,and sat fat on them. I have a sheet that says"common foods" that i eat regularly and those 5 things totaled per serving. I have a "today" sheet of the things i eat every day. Then i total calories at the end of the day. then post :D if there's anything else i should do, please speak up. today's the 4th so i'm not so active, so i probably won't hit 3300.

so far

1 bowl lucky charms (drank milk)
1 glass water
1 budget gourmet mac and cheese micro meal
1 glass water

i went shopping today and spent almost 20$ on food. I got osme high protein tuna, and other good crap. i won't bore yo uwith all the math, but here are my totals thus far today

Protein- 31 g
Carbs- 112 g
Sat. Fat- 8.5 g
Sodium- 1.320 g
Total Calories thus far today- 730

expect reports like every day.

getfit
07-04-2005, 11:33 AM
good luck with everything Nick! :)

SW
07-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks Sylvia I plan on leaning out some! I am going to shoot for as close as i can get to 235 @ 15% sometime in the intermediate future. According to a program graciously donated by Paul, i will have to lose in the hood of 14lbs of fat, and gain about 4 lbs of muscle. No problem.

I will be eating (loosely) every 2 hours, 6 small meals per day avging 5-600calories apiece.

SW
07-04-2005, 12:13 PM
My grandpa wanted me to sample the chicken. So I ate a VERY small leg. I have figured out it's value and will count it anyway. The thing was like 3 inches long lol.
also had some oj

1 glass oj
1 very small chicken leg

that brings today's totals to

Protein- 36g
Sat. Fat- 8.5g
Sodium- 1.2g
Carbohydrates- 160
Total calories eaten thus far today- 940

Still under 1000 with half a day to go. I may be getting too many carbs. Suggestions on what I should get more/less of would be helpful.

Wannabelean
07-04-2005, 12:16 PM
I have made plans to do this cut. 3300 is what mrelwooddowd and I have determined is about right for my maintinence cal daily intake. This is due to my high activity level. Every 3 days I'll refeed. Gotta get this done. I plan on losing 14lbs of fat and getting close to 235@15% before I think about quitting. Starts tomorrow. I will list my diet including figures for fats, carbs, and protein.

I would say your BF is a little closer to 25-28% judging by your pics.. Have you had it tested? It could have just been the lighting and all that jazz. Either way, keep up the dieting man :cool:

Unholy
07-04-2005, 12:18 PM
yeah bro, I wish you the best of luck on the cut, alot of us are in the same boat, with the hole at the bottom and nothign but a tiny litle bucket to scoop it out. I would have to agree with Wannabelean and say your BF is in the higer 20's % wise, Which isnt neccaseraly a bad thing because when you do get to 15% you will look like one lean mofo.

SW
07-04-2005, 12:36 PM
I tested my bf alot during school with the same bf tester i once mentioned. It was said by a trusted coach to be accurate to a decent degree. I hope it wouldn't be 8% off. Yeah, the lighting was NOT conductive to show definition. Those pictures are lowsy. When i flex in my mirror i see alot better than that. I'm pretty sure it's 20% but when i get some calipers we'll see :D. Eitehr way, i'm losing it.

Patz
07-04-2005, 12:39 PM
for the record, we figured up his maintenance at just over 4000 based on football, daily weights, and an average of 6 hours of farm work in the summer heat.

3300 was the cutting level..oh the bliss...

lay off the lucky charms and bleached buns..raises the GI content...

SW
07-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Pat, you've been very helpful. I"m probably have to lay off the lucky charms, that's exactly what i was thinking today.

Today's the 4th so not much going on but regular chores. Tomorrow is when the real pain starts lol fb training rocks! In that hour and a half i burn sooo many calories. Then get home and do some work there too :D

More food! Largest meal of the day and a protein flood.

3 medium skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of green beans
1 cup of mashed potatoes
2 glasses of water

for the record, i'm getting to goddamn much sodium.

This bring my total to:

Protein- 217.3 g
Carbs.- 197.5 g
Sat. Fat- 18.08 g
Sodium- 49 g
Calories- 2,093

Unholy
07-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Thats a good amount of protein, cals are looking good too.

SW
07-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Paul: Thanks bro, you know your support helps out.

Went to the parade today, got about 100 pieces of candy flung directly at me. I cooly sipped my water and ignored them :cool:

Here's the rest of today's consumption, final totals will be posted here too. I don't even feel very hungry.

1 bottle of water
2 glasses of water
2 cans tuna
2 slices bread

FINAL TOTAL FOR TODAY:
Protein- 281.3g i was shooting for bw per gram, but this was much better!
Carbs- 242.3g
Sodium- 6.56g
Sat.Fat- 15.98g
Calories- 2413

I did it! It's what i'll do every day from now on. Funny thing was i was shooting for 3000 today since i was going to be not as active as usual, but i found out that i can settle for alot less. Since i hit 281 grams of protein, why should i keep eating? Constructive critisism will be much appreciated.

Patz
07-04-2005, 06:29 PM
That looks pretty good. You'll know soon enough whether that's gonna be good, or too little cals. We easily could have overestimated maintenance. Stick with it, and see wehre it takes you. Give yourself a cheat day every couple weeks, and you're all set!

MM
07-04-2005, 08:12 PM
I think that looks pretty good. Buy some packaged salmon to substitute for the tuna, just for some variety!

SW
07-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks guys. GOod to know i got something right lol. As mrelwooddowd told me, i will try to keep carbs down to 200 tomorrow. But i may not be able to, because of football. we'll see. I will have to have a gatorade after football conditioning because i sweat a hideous amount.

Man, i'm hungry. too bad. meh.

Unholy
07-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Looks very good, i told ya 2400 calories is pure bliss :D

Wannabelean
07-05-2005, 06:35 AM
Don't drop carbs too low if you are going to have football practice! That sounds like pure hell to me hahaha. Goodluck buddy, you are on the right track for sure.

SW
07-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Paul: Kinda, i can live on it for awhile lol

wbl: Hey man, thanks.

Spent last night and today until 2 00 at a friend's house. Did this stop me from keeping track of every single ****ing calorie that entered my body? Not in the least. Yesterday and today i had their fridge drug out and was writnig all kinds of things down lol. Ice cream bars, doritos and mt dew were my friend;s mainstays. Pb and water mine :D

yesterday's intake

Protein- 144.5 ouchie
Sodium- 2.893g
Sat. Fat- 30.5g ugh
Carbs- 210g
Total caloric in take for yesterday- 2,875

fb practice was a ROYAL bitch because we had a guy running it who thought running was the best possible thing in the world for us. He gave us no break. Man that was cool. I nearly died lol but cool.

Today has been better. This morning I went to practice as usual. Here are the weights i can remember lol

power cleans
135x3
155x3
185x3
185x3

Standing single arm jammer ext
65 per side x3
90 per side x3
100 per side x3 shoulder felt tweaked, so i left the last set for another day

hex bar
225x3
275x3 ran outta time

jumping over cones single footed, mirroring each other full blast 15 seconds x4, other fairly challenging stuff.

fb practice has been taking it out of me, when i got back to my friend's after this morning's training, i took an hour nap becasue i was so drained. I really dno't feel weak at all, i have the feeling if i put carbs at 300 i'd steamroller everything lol. Not for quite awhile.

so far today's intake

Protein- 62.5g
Sodium- 4.02
Sat. Fat- 23.5g
Carbs- 154g
Calories- 1,250

They didn't have a bb in mind when they shopped, but i made due as best i could. protein is low, and sat fat is high. I also didn't eat much today because they didn't have anything i could really eat. I'm home. Tuna calls. Later.

getfit
07-06-2005, 03:08 PM
great workout nick i like the jumping over cones! ;)