PDA

View Full Version : What is your PWO meal/shake?

TooSmall
06-06-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm just trying to decide if I want to go with whey/malto/dex, whey/Gatorade, whey/oats, etc.

I know the common statement about spiking your insulin after a workout, but i dunno if i want to go with something has a GI of like 130.

Anyway, i'm just curious as to what other people take....

Drai's
06-06-2005, 01:06 PM
I ran out of protein powder a few months ago, doesn't seem to be affecting me. Usually have Gatorade during the workout and a whole food meal after.

ddegroff
06-06-2005, 01:23 PM
For me it all depends on what time a day i get done with my work out. In the morning i usally fallow it with a egg sandwich, if its later in the day i sometimes do whey w/ water or whey with a pb and honey.

YungLifter
06-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Would a 1-2scoops whey/about a cup 1/2 of skim milk/1 banana shake be good? I was thinking of trying this.

ryuage
06-06-2005, 01:42 PM
usually just some malto/dext + whey

bigsethmeister
06-06-2005, 01:58 PM
2 scoops whey, approx 40 grams (one 1/4 cup measure) dextrose, one teaspoon creatine in water. i sip this throughout my workout so that it is gone by the end of the workout.

approx 1 hour later I eat a meal which usually includes whole wheat pasta and turkey or chicken.

getfit
06-06-2005, 02:00 PM
2 scoops whey-creatine-water after training

afternoon

1 scoop whey-soya milk-oats-mixed berries-olive oil or flax oil

Dedicated
06-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Take .6-1 gram of dextrose per kg of bodyweight and .4 grams of protein per kg of bodyweight.

So for example, let's say you weigh 180lbs, using .8g/kg of dextrose since it's a good average, you should take:

~65 grams of dextrose
~33 grams of protein

It is a good idea, if you go over 50 grams of dextrose in your calculation, to consider taking dextrose and maltodextrin both at a ratio of 1:1. The dextrose will absorb rapidly and the malto will have to be broken down so you will benefit from this. So for example you would take the following post workout if you weigh 180lbs:

32.5 grams of dextrose
32.5 grams of maltodextrin
33 grams of protein

Personally I skimp when it comes to post-workout nutrition, and I probably shouldn't. I take dextrose and whey but I don't take enough. The problem is I am cutting, and that is close to 400 calories, I weigh 175lbs so the numbers above are close to what I have to take.

If I was bulking, I would definitely take 1 gram of dextrose per kg of bodyweight. Post-workout carbs, in particular dextrose, have made a noticable impact in my recovery time, more noticable than any supplement I've taken.

WBBIRL
06-06-2005, 09:30 PM
My PWO shake is 1 scoop whey in water within half an hour of when im through lifting and then 2 scoops of whey about an hour before I go to bed.

HardToSquat
06-07-2005, 07:04 AM
1 Myoplex Deluxe Shake with 2 scoops of powder Gatorade and 5 grams creatine

2 hours later I eat a huge solid food meal