PDA

View Full Version : How much do you count?

YungLifter
06-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Well im trying to be as accurate as possible on what im taking in and here is what i'd like to know. I use 1 Tbsp of olive oil when I stir fry my chicken/turkey w/e meat, how much of the oil am I actually eating I hope the whole Tbsp I need my cals! Should I just count the whole Tbsp?

Built
06-07-2005, 06:03 PM
I add in what I figure I get in the day from oil/butter. If in doubt, I overestimate it slightly. For example, I figure I get in a tablespoon of butter a day on veggies, frying steak etc. I sometimes prepare my food ahead of time in batches so it's not always exact, but it's probably pretty darned close.

If and when I get stalled, I'll re-evaluate my methodology.

So far, so good.

spanky33
06-07-2005, 06:05 PM
i agree with built. i think the key is to be consistent. if u start going in the wrong direction (depending on your goal), then adjust accordingly. there's no way to know exactly how much you're eating.

YungLifter
06-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Hmm okay I'd say I get about 3/4 of that Tbsp b/c what I do is, Ill put the tbsp in the pan and put my chicken in, when chicken is done ill throw in some vegtables, and then I usually have it with some WWbread or WW wrap and ill put that in pan to so that it gets a little toasty and hopefully absorb w/e is left of that oil. I guess im getting about 3/4 of that tbsp.

Dedicated
06-07-2005, 06:13 PM
The only thing I fry are eggs and fitday has a thing for fried eggs so I just use that. When it comes to meats I use ballpark figures. I can usually tell how many ounces it is by looking. If you are using fitday maybe they have an option for fried chicken.

Max-Mex
06-07-2005, 06:40 PM
If you are using fitday maybe they have an option for fried chicken.

They do. They have an option for just about fried everything. Well, meats that is.