PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed in myself..

viper200202
06-07-2005, 06:54 PM
i want everyone's honest opinions on my pics.
Im 6 feet tall at 190 pounds.
ive been working out for about a year and a half solid, and have gained about 12 pounds in that time. But i have been slacking off lately, i dont know why.
Im starting to plateau and get fat on my body( right on the love handles too ) :cry: . Ive always had more of a runner's body but ive done an ok job of putting on weight in the last year.
i dont know weather to bulk or cut the fat from my body. i would like to see myself at a cut 200 in a year from now but i know that is a hard goal. i know that will take alot of hard work and dedication but i think im ready to really step it up at the gym and push it to get the results. I just need more direction on what to do...
Working on filling out the chest and ive started to run about 3 days a week for about 15 minutes.
other suggestions welcome
thanks guys and ill post pics in a couple of months to see what i am capable of doing.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/mcgregor9/DSCN1974.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/mcgregor9/DSCN1978.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/mcgregor9/DSCN1980.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/mcgregor9/DSCN1981.jpg

and
bench - 175 - 215 max
squat - 175 - 205 max
bbcurl - 65 - 75 max
leg press - 375 - 425 max

MorphonoAKIBenj
06-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Lookin good bro, I wouldnt be too down on yourself, in the bi shot you look like you have some good semmetry but if you need some chest work and traps- Work the traps hard and they will make you look alot bigger

karsel
06-08-2005, 05:27 AM
not looknig too abd man you've got an alright size, just need to work on definition, and a bit of size in your arm, just looks like you aren't pushing yourself (sorry if you aren't) are you upping your weights? are you pushing for that last rep each time?, maybe to get that you could up your protein intake?
Just a little advice

spanky33
06-08-2005, 07:54 AM
the fact that you're asking whether to bulk or cut means that you should cut. because as soon as you start to bulk, u will FEEL fatter all the time, and it will kill you psychologically (and will make you not bulk properly). if you cut a bit first, u'll feel awesome about yourself and you'll be able to bulk w/out any probs. ultimately, the choice is yours.

Miker
06-08-2005, 08:20 AM
the fact that you're asking whether to bulk or cut means that you should cut. because as soon as you start to bulk, u will FEEL fatter all the time, and it will kill you psychologically (and will make you not bulk properly). if you cut a bit first, u'll feel awesome about yourself and you'll be able to bulk w/out any probs. ultimately, the choice is yours.
Damn good advice...

Geeper
06-08-2005, 11:51 AM
I'd like to know what your average daily diet is like. 9 times out of 10 if you're frustrated the problem is in the diet.

viper200202
06-08-2005, 02:31 PM
here is an example of a full days worth of eating
Im at school 5 days a week but im almost done...yah

Up at 6 for school:
1 cup oatmeal
one 2 scoop protein shake with 1% milk
Banana

Break at 9 am:
Granola bar
apple juice

Lunch at 12:
200 g of pasta or chicken
small salad
apple

Home at 3 after gym:
tuna, 1 can
another 2 scoop protein shake

5pm or 6pm depending if i work:
Either chicken, tuna, beans, beef or pasta
Salad with veggies
Rice

9-10pm:
Eggs or almonds

then vitamins before bed and when i get up the next day

Im trying to force myself to drink more water because i know im lacking there
i should drink about 1-1.5 gallons a day and its barely at 3 litres.
im also on a 4 day split routine.
Maybe i should try the WBB #1??
thanks guys

Built
06-08-2005, 02:41 PM
fitday please.

First glance - cals and protein don't look high enough, but it's hard to tell.

Geeper
06-08-2005, 02:56 PM
fitday please.

First glance - cals and protein don't look high enough, but it's hard to tell.

Exactly what I was thinking...

Max-Mex
06-08-2005, 08:38 PM
As built and geeper mentioned with their fitday comments, not knowing how much you are eating (and knowing your macro breakdowns, fat/protien/carbs) won't help you in the long run.

Shao-LiN
06-09-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm curious. You say "or pasta" twice making it seem like you're using it as some sort of replacement for the chicken, beef, etc. Do you think pasta is a protein source or something?

Wierz
06-10-2005, 07:08 AM
I'm curious. You say "or pasta" twice making it seem like you're using it as some sort of replacement for the chicken, beef, etc. Do you think pasta is a protein source or something?

What's wrong with counting the protein that's in pasta toward a daily protein intake?

And you shouldn't be discouraged. Some days you get discouraged, some days are better. I know sometimes I look in the mirror and get discouraged, thinking I'm not doing as well as I should or could, but that only makes me want to devote more energy into getting where I want to be.

I know it's cliche, but Rome wasn't built in a day man - if you keep at it and find small ways of doing the right things, you'll give your body no choice but to change.