PDA

View Full Version : Frozen/Regular Veggies/Fruits

YungLifter
06-08-2005, 06:46 AM
Is their a difference? Just wondering if its better to go fresh or frozen or if it even matter.

drew
06-08-2005, 06:47 AM
Fresh is preferred, but frozen is cheaper and cheaper is good. As long as you eat plenty, it's all good.

YungLifter
06-08-2005, 06:49 AM
ok good b/c its easier to buy frozen and just throw them in the pot. Their both the same veggie one is just colder then the other=)

WBBIRL
06-08-2005, 10:52 AM
If I can, Ill go fresh at all costs. Theres nothing like getting some squash out of the garden and stuffing it with hamburgh, rice, cheese and mushrooms... and maybe toppin it with a bit of red sauce. If theres nothing but frozen, ill eat those. I guess fresh is my fav, then canned, then bag frozen.

Drai's
06-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Fresh > Frozen >>> Canned

YungLifter
06-08-2005, 11:09 AM
I agree with you^^ but in some cases frozen can be better then fresh for one reason, if the veggie or fruit your buying is not in season, thats what I learned when I googled it few mins ago, correct me if im wrong.

Drai's
06-08-2005, 11:13 AM
I agree with you^^ but in some cases frozen can be better then fresh for one reason, if the veggie or fruit your buying is not in season, thats what I learned when I googled it few mins ago, correct me if im wrong.

That's a good point. Kind of self-explanatory, but still valid nonetheless.

bigsethmeister
06-08-2005, 11:20 AM
frozen tastes like ****

Drai's
06-08-2005, 11:23 AM
frozen tastes like ****

in most cases I'd say that's true

getfit
06-08-2005, 11:30 AM
i never buy frozen i prefer to buy what's in season and fresh that's just me :)

Geeper
06-08-2005, 11:44 AM
I read a few studies that have tested frozen against fresh for the nutritional content and..... In almost all the cases and almost all the studies.... frozen wins.

Why? Well most "fresh" stuff is picked, shipped and then sits in a store and looses some of it's nutritional content all along the way. It might have been picked a week or 2 ago. Frozen stuff is picked and frozen within minutes if not hours, preserving everything that in it.

Taste-wise I really don't think there's much competition, but something to think about...