PDA

View Full Version : Viscosity deit... my results so far.

Celco
06-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Well about 2 weeks ago I started the Viscosity diet from recommendation from a friend. I have no where in my life been really healthy or worked out much and my body now shows it. And as a future Chiropractor (what I am going to school for @ Life University) I want to practice what I preach. I want to live and look healthier.

Iím 6'2" and at the start of this I tilted the scales at 322lbs (46" pants). Not the healthiest of all beings. Iím really trying to get rid of fat, not really trying to loose lbs as much... but that is always welcome.

My diet has pretty much been based off of 2100cals a day. I have been starting the day with an EC stack (I feel great when using that, then exercising) 1/2 cup CC or 2 HB eggs. Work out (little lifting, then Cardio) for ~45min - 1hr before class. Then start having shakes. I usually hit 4 shakes a day, consisting of.... 1 cup carb countdown "milk", 2 tbsp Simply Jif PB, 2 scoops chocolate ON Whey (maybe some cinnamon or little vanilla extract for flavor). 510cals 24fat 15carbs 66protein. One I sub H2O for the milk because I get some cals from Flax seed pills too. I have been trying to drink at least 4 liters of water a day too.

After 10 days I was down 14lbs. I slacked though and cheated big last weekend (I am a college kid, you canít NOT expect me to play beer pong) and I screwed up the whole cycle.

So now @ 2 weeks I am down 12lbs... But I feel like my fat % has gone down some since my measurements have dropped a little everywhere. Waist down 1/4", Chest (man bewbs) down 3/4", Stomach down 1"(where most of my fat is located). So I am guessing that I am losing fat and gaining some muscle.

I want to get a Body fat test done at the schools gym but I am a little too self conscience about taking my shirt of and getting pinched. My gut is a big one too, I donít want them too tell me I got too much and they canít pinch me.

I am going to be going home for a few weeks on school break so I can get a lot better control on the diet deal. I have fewer distractions when I am home, and land is nicer for biking there (nothing but freaking hills here in Marietta).

So... I just wanted to post and get some support. I am sure that once I am down more to a reasonable size ill gladly start going for more of a built look.

geeman
06-08-2005, 12:46 PM
What is a EC Stack?

Drai's
06-08-2005, 12:48 PM
What is a EC Stack?

ephedrine + caffeine

Drai's
06-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Celco, good progress so far, but just be aware that you always lose a bunch of water at the start of a diet like this. Now that the water is gone, you can more accurately record your fat loss over the next few weeks.

Built
06-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Does Jif contain trans fats? I can't remember if Jif is natty or not

WBBIRL
06-08-2005, 01:38 PM
I'd drop all those shakes, if each has 500 and whatever cals then your going to go over 2100 easy. You should have more real food then that, cottage cheese is good, chicken, tuna, turkey, hamburgh is ok if its lean. Focus more on your diet and less on the cardio... the diet will take off the weight much better. A strenous cardio workout cannot makeup for a ****ty diet. Im on pretty much the same path as your are but im only like 5"10 and I weigh about 299-300lbs right now. I've been losing an average of 2lbs per week and I can tell that almost all of it is fat. The shakes are good protein and you can squeeze an extra meal in there if you cut out the PB of the shakes in 3 of the 4 you drink. Lifting can help you alot also, not only does it burn calories but it improves bodily strenght, builds lean muscle mass that in turn elevates your base metabolic rate and reshapes your immage to make you feel better about you. Carbohydrates are not the enemy if they are consumed at the right times, carbs are good before your workout and earlier in the day.

Your calories should come from proteins, carbs and then fats. About 40%/30%/30% respectivly

EDIT: yes built it does.

Built
06-08-2005, 01:44 PM
The ratios are individual - 40-30-30 works like a hot damn for WBBIRL, and like crap for me - mine average out to 40-40-20 P:F:C, and even this is meaningless because I carb cycle.

But I agree with the rest of WBBIRLs post - you can NOT cardio off a sh!tty diet.

Drai's
06-08-2005, 01:47 PM
I'd drop all those shakes, if each has 500 and whatever cals then your going to go over 2100 easy.

4 shakes at 500 calories/shake is 2000 calories. Add a couple of eggs or a little cottage cheese and he's barely over 2100. That's all he's eating. I'm not saying that's the best diet, but just defending him on this one point.

Celco
06-08-2005, 04:40 PM
I'd drop all those shakes, if each has 500 and whatever cals then your going to go over 2100 easy.

I am subbing water for the milk on one or two of those to keep at my 2100 goal. Iím only continuing this for the next ~2 weeks... After that I will defiantly slowly come back to healthier meals. (Cant get enough of tuna and chicken :heart: , and Veggies are a plus) my diet averages out to 45-40-15 P:F:C now.

And im not doing a strenous cardio workout. 25mins bike everyother day, longer on some. Since the weight, knees dont like running.

Sure it may not be the best diet out there... but its helping me now, and its a stepping stone to a better way. This has been helping me cut down on volume. I would be able to eat whole box of mac&cheese before and still be wanting something more. I won white castle crave case challenge (with friends) and ate 24 sliders, i need to help reverse bad habits like that. I have been less and less hungry over this diet though... so that is a plus. When im hungry now (belly rumbling) but can't eat or have hit my cal intake for the day, ill drink water instead. It fills you up but isnt bad for you.

Its all a process. And im on a much better track and feeling 10x better then what i was a month ago.

Built
06-08-2005, 04:42 PM
I wish you every success. But I sure as hell wouldn't recommend what you're doing to a friend.

AllUp
06-09-2005, 01:16 PM
It will likely work wonders for losing "weight" although with your calorie intake at your weight, a good size of it must be muscle as well. I did something similar, only I knew I was going to spend time putting on muscle w/diet 100% in-check.

Normally one would drop the calories a lot slower, but if it gets you to a weight where you feel more comfortable with yourself, you will be more likely to stick with a more strict training regimen -whatever works. :p

Goodluck.

Drai's
06-09-2005, 01:20 PM
It will likely work wonders for losing "weight" although with your calorie intake at your weight, a good size of it must be muscle as well.

1) At his size I doubt he's too concerned with muscle loss, if it means shedding bodyfat.

2) The diet doesn't seem so bad to me. The lack of variety is the biggest problem. I think it's plenty of food (most obese people diet on like 1000 cals/day), and he's getting enough protein that he should be in a positive nitrogen balance most of the time.

Unreal
06-09-2005, 02:16 PM
I hope he is taking some vitamins without taking in any vegtables/fruit. My main bulk of food comes from salad/vegtables with some sort of protein (tuna/chicken) on top. I find that large portions of salad, brocolli, cucumbers, etc fill me up while not packing on the calories.

Canadian Crippler
06-09-2005, 02:57 PM
IMO this diet isn't close to as bad as some of you are making it seem. Natty, Milk, Whey, Cottage Cheese, Eggs. What is wrong with this?

Built
06-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Veggies? Fruit? Flavour?

Optimum08
06-09-2005, 04:45 PM
flavor is overrated if u can, yourself, deal with it...i do agree on the veggies/fruits though...the thread starter needs to diversify his diet...more green/colorful stuff...

shansen008
06-09-2005, 04:56 PM
flavor is overrated if u can, yourself, deal with it...i do agree on the veggies/fruits though...the thread starter needs to diversify his diet...more green/colorful stuff...

Fiber.......must eat fiber...

Deathwish
06-09-2005, 05:21 PM
He's doing a viscosity diet....isn't that a liquid diet primarily? Also what's natty?

Built
06-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Natty PB