PDA

View Full Version : Just gatorade and whey as a PWO shake?

TooSmall
06-08-2005, 10:00 PM
I can get bottles of Gatorade pretty cheaply (long story...family connection). Anyway, one 32 oz bottle has about 55 carbs. Would it be a decent PWO shake to just mix this with some whey?

Main ingredients are sucrose and glucose-fructose syrup.

I'd use Gatorade powder, but it's a pain in the ass because I need like 2.5 scoops, and when mixed with whey there's not enough room left in a shaker cup to mix enough water (it gets clumpy).

Built
06-08-2005, 10:01 PM
The fructose thing makes it less than ideal, but yeah, it'll work.

The powder doesn't have fructose, so it's by far the better choice.

JoeyCrack
06-08-2005, 10:24 PM
powerade has more dextrose in it than gatorade, at least, it does in australia.

personally, id try looking for a bag of dextrose to mix into your post WO shake, that stuff is cheap as, like $2-3 a kilo.

Built
06-08-2005, 10:38 PM
:withstupi

aidano
06-08-2005, 11:21 PM
powerade has more dextrose in it than gatorade, at least, it does in australia.

It has high fructose corn syrup here, at least in bottled form so I wouldn't suggest it either.

getfit
06-09-2005, 02:11 AM
i always use gatorade powder it's a little pricey but i like it!

Drai's
06-09-2005, 09:57 AM
That's what I was using for a while, seemed fine to me. The Gatorade powder is definitely better than the pre-made stuff.

TooSmall
06-09-2005, 10:58 AM
For those of you who use the powder, do you put it in a shaker with the whey? Reason I ask is that when I put whey and 2.5 scoops of Gatorade in a shaker (aboiut 50g of carbs) there isn't enough room left to get sufficient water in there.

What do you guys do? Two shakers, or do you just drive home and use a blender?

Drai's
06-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Gatorade during workout and whey after for me. 2 shakers would work.

getfit
06-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Gatorade during workout and whey after for me. 2 shakers would work.
:withstupi

HardToSquat
06-09-2005, 01:22 PM
I use a 24 ounce shaker and add a 96 gram Myoplex Deluxe shake (53 grams protein), two scoops of Gatorade and 5 grams creatine. It all mixes fine yet it is a bit thick. I add a 12 oz bottled water to it,shake the hell out of it and then chase it down. I then then drink down another bottled water when I am finished with the multi-caloric concoction.

Drai's
06-09-2005, 01:24 PM
mmmmmmm Myoplex...kind of pricey, but delicious

TooSmall
06-09-2005, 01:29 PM
I would really like to find something convenient like Myoplex (price isn't that big of a deal...I have a summer job and no other real expenses), but the problem is that they all have too much protein for my requirements.

At my weight (135 lbs) I need around 30g protein pwo, and all the myoplex MRP's have way more than that (original has 42, deluxe has 53). The closest I found was Met-Rx, which has 37.

I'm not afraid of too many calories or anything, but I already get a lot of protein in the rest of my diet and I don't want to go TOO high (i'm taking in about 200g a day give or take)

Oh yeah, the reason I mentioned the thing about Gatorade powder is that the package says you need 10 oz water to fully dilute each scoop, so that's 20 oz just to mix the Gatorade well, plus the whey....

HardToSquat
06-09-2005, 01:29 PM
I usually hit up five GNCs in Pittsburgh(GNC HQ) every week and get the Myoplex shakes on sale and clearance for absolute dirt cheap prices, i.e. 36 packs of the deluxe for $30 where it is reguarly $110. The strawberry flavor is incredible.

YungLifter
06-09-2005, 01:32 PM
I use designer whey ,its one of cheapest ones I can find and taste pretty good, choclate one atleast. I want to try choclate peanutbutter, just have to use this one up first hehe.

Drai's
06-09-2005, 01:32 PM
I would really like to find something convenient like Myoplex (price isn't that big of a deal...I have a summer job and no other real expenses), but the problem is that they all have too much protein for my requirements.

At my weight (135 lbs) I need around 30g protein pwo, and all the myoplex MRP's have way more than that (original has 42, deluxe has 53). The closest I found was Met-Rx, which has 37.

I'm not afraid of too many calories or anything, but I already get a lot of protein in the rest of my diet and I don't want to go TOO high (i'm taking in about 200g a day give or take)

Oh yeah, the reason I mentioned the thing about Gatorade powder is that the package says you need 10 oz water to fully dilute each scoop, so that's 20 oz just to mix the Gatorade well, plus the whey....

Going just over 200g of protein isn't going to be "too much". However, if you're adamant about staying at that intake level you can always just have 1/2 serving of the Myoplex.