PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast...

Hazerboy
06-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Tuesdays and thursdays I wrestle at my school during the summer. I have to wake up at 8:30 and we start at nine (very early for me). Currently i can't find anything that will settle very well to eat as a pre workout meal. I can't keep down anything big like oatmeal or eggs/bacon, so should I just go with a gatorade mixed with some whey? Last tuesday i woke up kind of late and I didn't get a breakfast; i just drank some water and went straight to practice. It was only like 45 minutes and not really hard; just *rolling around* as we call it. I'm really out of wrestling shape though and I got sick after practice. It sucked because I was hungry but my stomach wouldn't let me eat. I had the same problem last summer when I had swim practice every morning at 8. THAT sucked. After throwing up during intervals I realized raisin bran wasn't a good choice. :p

TooSmall
06-08-2005, 11:59 PM
Well if you're not really "working out" then you don't really need a "pre-workout meal." It's still a good idea to get some food in you though.

If you have access to a blender then blend up oats, whey, milk and fruit. It will digest a lot quicker in liquid form. If you don't have a blender (you really should, by the way) then just mix some whey with milk and have a banana or something.

Max-Mex
06-09-2005, 05:26 AM
Make a shake. Milk, whey of some kind, eggs, and peanut butter. Throw in some oats too. Blend. Viola! Instant breakfast. Digests very quickly, and chances are you'll keep it down.

Geeper
06-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Make a shake. Milk, whey of some kind, eggs, and peanut butter. Throw in some oats too. Blend. Viola! Instant breakfast. Digests very quickly, and chances are you'll keep it down.

:withstupi

HardToSquat
06-09-2005, 01:33 PM
I eat a Myoplex carb sense shake in the morning before a workout or excercise. It has 25 grams protein, 5 carbs and is only 150 calories and it digests well for me.

Wannabelean
06-09-2005, 02:34 PM
I've never eaten a shake before....

j/k man

Yeah, I would go for a whey protein shake before you hit practice, it'll digest quick.. Have you ever tried waking up a little earlier so you have time to eat without rushing etc...??

Hazerboy
06-09-2005, 04:41 PM
A shake uh? Sounds good.

Have you ever tried waking up a little earlier so you have time to eat without rushing etc...??

Hahahaha

I had 28 tardies this school year; I was the kid who literally got to class thirty seconds before it started.

I NEEDS MY SLEEP :cool: