PDA

View Full Version : Diet Based On Meat, Vegetables, and Fruit

Spartan936
06-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Long read.

Within the last few months my body has been falling apart. Chief among my problems is the question of what to eat. I have tried the "oh just eat your food" approach to no avail; vegetarianism left me bloated with rice and beans; and a basic "balanced" diet works about as well as chugging gasoline.

My tiredness is relentless, my stomach is rounded and large (pot belly like a malnourished child with only 10% bodyfat), and food almost never sounds good, although I have lost a significant amount of weight (bad, because I am underwieght as it is). Force feeding is something that keeps me in the bathroom for long periods of time, and the only four foods that seem to even digest are meat, fruit, vegetables, and any simple carbohydrate, like sugar and crackers.

Though I have decieved myself in the past, I do not do so now. I have analyzed all of this carefully. A Gastrointestinal doctor prescribed me a diet of whole grains and the basic healthy stuff, but it doesn't seem to be helping me, and my weight plummets. He also said, with knowledge of my weightlifting goals, that my protein requirement was around 60 grams with my bodyweight around 125. I raised my eyebrows at this.

Okay, to the beef of the question. Almost literally.

It is my understanding that humans obtained at least 3/4 of their calories from animal sources during the last 200,000 years or more. I also know that they consumed large amounts of fruits and vegetables, and did not, at any point in the last millions of years, even touch complex carbohydrates like bread and rice because they had not the technology.

My question is in the title. Would a diet of meat, vegetables, and fruit, in your opinion, be reasonable or even beneficial?

The great majority of people here are voracious meat eaters, and some say that such a diet has helped them greatly (little miss Built comes to mind). I would also like to mention the widespread problems of gluten intolerance, diabetes, and allergies to wheat products. Allergies to meat are almost non-existent. For millions of years humans have not eaten cooked grains and starches, but now, in the last 8,000 years or so, they are our mainstay.

That is about it, finally. And no I haven't been on some fanatical "paleolithic diet" website. I'm through with quickness to hope. But given the facts outlined above, such a diet seems more than reasonable to me; it may help someone like myself, and maybe many others. What do you think?

Oh, and thanks. You guys (and ladies) are wonderful. :)

EDIT: spellin'

Built
06-09-2005, 03:05 AM
Eat what agrees with you.

Simple.

:)

Jabberwocky
06-09-2005, 07:56 AM
paleolithical diet is fine imo, but certain adjustments would have to be made to suit your goals.

Maki Riddington
06-09-2005, 08:13 AM
If you eat clean foods you'll find that for the most past you'll be eating fruits,veggies and meats (fish included). Imo, it's a very effective way of eating, especially if you want to enjoy the taste of food while shedding body fat.

Drai's
06-09-2005, 09:58 AM
If you eat clean foods you'll find that for the most past you'll be eating fruits,veggies and meats (fish included). Imo, it's a very effective way of eating, especially if you want to enjoy the taste of food while shedding body fat.

:withstupi