PDA

View Full Version : Overtraining!!?!?!

Gutz981
06-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Alright guys heres the set up....day1:chest/tri day2:Back/bi Day3:Legs/Shoulders day 4:chest/tri day5:back/bi day6:legs/shoulders So on and so forth with no breaks...Is this over training...

Chest/Tri:
FlatBB bench 5 sets

FlatBB pauses 3 sets

incline bb bench: 3 sets

Pushdowns 3 sets

weighted bench dips: 3sets

skullcrushers:3 sets

back/bi: Deads 4 sets

bent over rows 3 sets

pulldowns 3 sets

shrugs 3 sets

concentration curls 3 sets

ez bar curls 3sets

preacher curls 3 sets

leg/shoulder:
Squats 4 sets

Leg extentions 3 sets

leg curls 3 sets

shoulder press 3 sets

rear delt extentions 3 sets

Also I don't know if it is just me...but I seem to be shrinking muscle mass wise...Im still as strong as ever...I belevie I am over training am I?

getfit
06-09-2005, 04:09 PM
you train 7 days a week?

Gutz981
06-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah I know...sick huh? :) Please people...I need this summer no mistakes...just pure lifting and gaining...so all advice critizisum is welcomed and apperciated...

getfit
06-09-2005, 04:18 PM
pure lifting + gaining- more rest is needed IMHO!

getfit
06-09-2005, 04:20 PM
how's your diet like i see you're 145lbs eat up young man! :)

Gutz981
06-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Any reccomendations? such as switching up my routines...Im about do for a revamp anyway...Anyone have any suggestions...like I've heard people doing bi and tri on the same day...

Gutz981
06-09-2005, 04:23 PM
If I had to guess...I'd say I take in about 3000-3500 a day...I wouldnt mind putting a little more weight on...I'd prefer Lean muscle mass but eh...

Sensei
06-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Kind of hard to look at what you've given and know if YOU are overtraining or not. You're young and you could probably do just about any crappy program and still make good gains as long as you get rest and eat all right.

Here are some questions to give some thought to: What are your MAIN training goals? Are your exercises, sets, reps, etc. going to get you there? Are all of those sets "work sets", or do they include warm-ups sets? What % of your 1rep max are those sets? How many reps are you doing? Do you vary sets, reps, exercises, etc (if so, how)? Are you getting enough rest? Are you eating well/enough?

Gutz981
06-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Kind of hard to look at what you've given and know if YOU are overtraining or not. You're young and you could probably do just about any crappy program and still make good gains as long as you get rest and eat all right.

Here are some questions to give some thought to: What are your MAIN training goals? Are your exercises, sets, reps, etc. going to get you there? Are all of those sets "work sets", or do they include warm-ups sets? What % of your 1rep max are those sets? How many reps are you doing? Do you vary sets, reps, exercises, etc (if so, how)? Are you getting enough rest? Are you eating well/enough?

Get huge but still ripped... I dunno if my exercises/sets/reps are gonna getme there...thats sorta what I am asking... They are all worksets I did not include warmups Check out my journal for the weights I am using I stay within 4-12 on a regular non max work day I pretty much stay consistant with what I have been doing for a few months now...I think I need a change As for rest I could start sleeping a bit more...and eating I could definitly eat some more

getfit
06-09-2005, 04:46 PM
rest also means taking time off from lifting rest=growth!

biggimp
06-09-2005, 04:55 PM
just change a couple of things. do bi's with chest, and tri's with your back. if you do tri's on chest day you wont be able to work them 100%, since they will be worn out from bench. also, it will do you a lot more good if you rest after every 3 days. (chest/bi, back/tri, legs, rest, repeat)

Gutz981
06-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Alright sounds like a plan thank you biggimp

Sensei
06-09-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm sorry but I gave up trying to read your training journal. One of the cool things about this message board is the tremendous amount of conversation and feedback, but that makes it really tough to look at training in something other than small snippets + a lot of commentary...

I'll post a link to my training journals later if you're interested - just to show you what I mean about simplicity. The board is being updated right now, but it should be back up soon.

From what I read, it looks like you are maxing out constantly. I think you'll make better gains if those are planned. And as other people have already mentioned, training everyday is NOT necessary and usually not desirable.

One thing I read that bothered me a bit was mention of "not lowering the weight far enough" on your bench press. You do lower the bar to your chest when you bench, don't you?

Anyway, keep at it. You're working hard - It's time to start working smart.

Gutz981
06-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Yes I do I corrected that problem that was once that I did not due to the fact that I felt a pain in my shoulder but on a normal basis I touch chest every set and every rep. Oh and as for me maxing consitly I have toned that down I used to max much too often I do that about once a month now. I should plan them I just do them when its been about a month of work and I feel like its a good day