PDA

View Full Version : Nitrean spoiled my tastebuds so now Atlarge must make whey.

DoUgL@S
06-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Chis and Dan. Please make Atlarge Whey available soon. I recently bought some Brand X whey, and after having my palate spoiled by Nitrean and Opticen, my taste buds were insulted. It would be nice to have a less expensive yet tasty alternative when whey is the order of the day.

Also, have you guys thought about making an unflavored Nitrean so that you could throw it in lets say gatorade, and having it still taste like gatorade. That would be nice.

:windup:

chris mason
06-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Thank you very much!

One comment, there is no time that a whey-only product would be better for you than Nitrean or Opticen. I truly mean that. If I thought otherwise I would sell a whey-only product because I could do so and make a lot more money.

Chris

GMCtrk
06-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Thank you very much!

One comment, there is no time that a whey-only product would be better for you than Nitrean or Opticen. I truly mean that. If I thought otherwise I would sell a whey-only product because I could do so and make a lot more money.

Chris

Law of dimishing returns? Also, I would really really like to see an atlarge whey product, but still offer nitrean as well.

METALASIAN
06-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah. Whey-only definitely wouldn't be as good as say Nitrean, but wouldn't it be a lot less cheaper? This coming from a high school student. :)

DoUgL@S
06-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Thank you very much!

Chris

I have come to realise that fact. But it is a cheaper alternative, and sometimes (like when $ is tight) we need an alternative that supports WBB.

edit: unless of course you plan on having Nitrean specials often. :evillaugh

SW
07-07-2005, 04:29 PM
I was just wondering the same thing Mr. Molina, when I came to look in here. I want to start ordering opticen, because I'm cutting and 52g of protein per 90g serving sounds like a good deal.

But $35.00 for a 23 serving supply? Don't most ppl take 2 scoops per day? That's 11.5 day's supply for too much $$ IMO. Chris, can you justify this?

chris mason
07-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Can I justify it?

Well, first, I can tell you that supplement sales on the internet have permanently skewed people's ideas of what a good deal is.

What people don't realize is that what you are paying for products on the net is, in many cases, very close to a distributor's cost for the product. They can sell the products at these very low margins because they have very little cost associated with the sale other than the dead cost of the product.

Go to a local store and see what they are charging for a product comparable to ours in quality. You will see prices of $55+.

I don't think that the vast majority of you have ANY idea what AtLarge's actual cost is for the products we sell. Trust me, whatever you think it is MORE.

We make a profit, absolutely. We are a BUSINESS and need a profit to stay in business.

In addition, quality costs money. We don't sell crap and never will. We pay for top dollar ingredients in our products so that we can offer the best products on the market. We then have gone out of our way to price ourselves competitively even at the cost of making a relatively small margin.

If you want the best buy our products. If you don't feel you are worth the best then buy elsewhere. The choice is yours, we hope you make the right one.

Joe Black
07-08-2005, 12:32 AM
I was just wondering the same thing Mr. Molina, when I came to look in here. I want to start ordering opticen, because I'm cutting and 52g of protein per 90g serving sounds like a good deal.

But $35.00 for a 23 serving supply? Don't most ppl take 2 scoops per day? That's 11.5 day's supply for too much $$ IMO. Chris, can you justify this?

I think you are confused, either that or perhaps your budget is really just extremely very tight. I am not sure. In case you are confused, let me break it down for you.

Opticen is a 23 serving supply. Each serving is 3 scoops.

Personally I take one opticen per day at 11 am and and 2 x Nitrean servings per day post workout.

So thats $1.56 for the Opticen serving and $0.94 for the Nitrean servings.

So a total of $2.50 per day for a total of 100 grams of high quality protein. Not to mention the other macronutrients, vitamins and minerals that come with Opticen.

In our honest opinion thats a very good price for a high quality protein.

SW
07-08-2005, 06:21 AM
35.00 for 23 servings just seemed high to me. When you put it into perspective like that, it does make more sense.

Pasha
07-08-2005, 03:10 PM

The whey I take is $30.00 and for every 70 grams it has 54g of good Protein with vitamins and minerals. Sounds like you're getting a raw deal.

chris mason
07-08-2005, 03:48 PM
I get so tired of this crap.

First, the protein you are referring to only contains 70% protein by volume and that is crappy. Our product is 80% protein by volume (when you take out the carbs and small amount of fat---i.e. the protein matrix is 80% by volume).

Our product is an MRP (Meal Replacement Powder), not a protein-only supplement. It also contains carbs, a very small amount of fat, and various vitamins and minerals.

Next, our protein matrix contains whey, casein, and egg protein which is superior to any whey-only product.

Last, we use a superior quality protein source. We pay more for a better product, that is the way it works.

You can buy the best or you can shortchange yourself. The choice is yours.

Paul Stagg
07-08-2005, 05:41 PM
35.00 for 23 servings just seemed high to me. When you put it into perspective like that, it does make more sense.

Pretty much any MRP will be about $2 a serving. Think about it - a quality meal for under $2.

DoUgL@S
07-13-2005, 03:55 PM

Truthfully you can't beat this product, the only product that is as good as opticen in terms of quality ingredients and taste (not so much) is at least twice as much, $3-4/serving.

My point was that IF I decided to buy whey, I'd like to buy it from Atlarge. I am sure that I am not the only one that feels that way.

Nuts
07-13-2005, 04:03 PM
I get so tired of this crap.

I know, it's such a hassle educating your customers. :rolleyes:

Maki Riddington
07-13-2005, 04:23 PM
The whey I take is $30.00 and for every 70 grams it has 54g of good Protein with vitamins and minerals. Sounds like you're getting a raw deal.

I know, it's such a hassle educating your customers.

Sarcasm aside, I think you missed the point and the tone of the post above yours. "I think you're getting a raw deal" clearly shows that Pasha does not understand what the going rate is of meal replacment products. Had he known he would then understand that Opticen is a great product for what it's priced at. Plus he was comparing a whey product to an MRP product which has a blend of proteins.

On top of this, Pasha went on to make a very stupid comment which only further shows that he is either trying to stir things up or is lacking brain cells.

I think Chris does an excellent job educating AtLarge customers. And, with all the bull**** these two guys have to cut through you have to understand that sometimes it can be quite tiresome.

chris mason
07-13-2005, 07:25 PM
I know, it's such a hassle educating your customers. :rolleyes:

You have to understand there is a difference between legitimate inquiries and questions meant to be projected in a negative light.

In addition, as Maki stated, certain individuals might be prone to repeat the same comments which get tiresome to me. Again, I am NOT speaking of legitimate inquiries.

Nuts
07-13-2005, 07:36 PM
I imagine it just took me by surprise. Just don't let them get to you, sometimes it's difficult dealing with morons...I do it all day long. No hard feelings I hope.

IdaMAN
08-16-2005, 12:10 AM
How about different flavors?

YungLifter
08-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Their choclate flavor is uncomparable its like comparing a really good quality choclate that costs you10bucks for small peice, to a choclate you just buy at the supermarket the cost 25cent.

djreef
08-16-2005, 01:37 PM
You know what - F*ck the price. I use Nitrean because it works. Some of the greatest strength gains I've made have been while I've been on this product. This coming from someone who has been doing this for nearly 20 years. I have dumpt a ton of garbage in my body over the years, so I know the difference. It is, flat out, the best quality protein on the market.

DJ

chris mason
08-16-2005, 02:11 PM
That's what I'm talking about!

Joe Black
08-16-2005, 03:16 PM
:bow:

YungLifter
08-16-2005, 03:45 PM
PLUS!!!!! it taste good=)

CB
08-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Since I have switched to Nitrean from regular whey only products, I have found that a blend seems to work better for me at any time of day so I will not be going back to whey only. Also if you consider price, quality, taste & conveniece, I think Nitrean and Opticen can't be beat.

IdaMAN
08-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Hmm, I think I will get some of this next month.

YungLifter
08-17-2005, 04:21 AM
NO get it this mont 10% discount.

IdaMAN
08-17-2005, 07:36 AM
Ok, you can pay my phone bill then:)