PDA

View Full Version : Should I cut?

Mbaboy
06-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Here's the situtation, I was 150 before wrestling season, and then I was a consistant 137 lbs during wrestling season until Febuary started. Then, I got into my first bulk and I am now 163 lbs. I am only 5'6" by the way :cry: .
Anyways, I've been lifting with the football team and we have off until June 20th. I'm going to the pool now and I only having a slight six pack if the sun hits my just right. Could I do like an 11 day cut or would that be more destructive than productive? Does cutting free up space for more muscle or is it just for looks? If I needed to, I could cut a little longer maybe 20 days at the most. Any help for a newbie is appreciated. Thanks.

Haaji Dont Surf
06-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Cutting is all up to you, when you decide you've got too much fat on your body, you cut to get that fat off and reveal the muscle you have worked hard for... If you can stand only having a *slight* six pack, then keep up the bulk(I would kill for a slight six pack :P). If I were you I would keep on bulking, but as I said, it is all personal choice.

WBBIRL
06-10-2005, 01:11 PM
an 11 day cut wont dig out your ab's. what are you shooting for here?? Do you want to jump up a weight class?? Say like jump to something like 165-170 and then trim down and wrestle at 150 next year?? My friend who wrestled did something like this, he wrestled at 215... bulked to 250 during the off season and cut back down to a much leaner/bigger 215 starting about 3 months before the season started.

Mbaboy
06-10-2005, 04:06 PM
For wrestling I don't wanna cut drastically to the point of what some of the guys do. Wherever my weight falls, it falls. A good wrestler should be able to kick ass a few classes above him. My dad wrestled in college but I think I only have a shot to make it with football. And my pecs are always lean no matter where my weight is, so I don't think I have a problem with continue to bulk. How much could I gain by football season (late August)? I'm aiming for 180 lbs but thats including the growth spurt I pray to get over the summer.