PDA

View Full Version : Not as hungry as i need to be

KevinStarke
06-10-2005, 05:55 AM
I try to increase my diet all the time but i just am not hungry enough to eat the ammount of calories i need to gain some size. Just this morning all i could down was a bannana and a half cup of oatmeal, a glass of OJ and two glasses of water. I eat six meals a day and i just seem to get full so fast. Anyone know how to better increase my calorie intake without eating myself sick?

YungLifter
06-10-2005, 06:01 AM
Try spread your meals out a little more. For example, you ate that for breakfast, take a little break and come back eat a little more, you can always add 1tbsp of natty PB to your oatmeal(*I do all time taste great*), or add 1tbsp of PB at end of some meals thats an extra 200cals. Cottage cheese is real easy to down, egg whites(boiled).

KevinStarke
06-10-2005, 06:05 AM
yah boiled egg whites and natty pb is a favorite of mine but cottage cheese makes me heave. i'll try and spread it out like you said, maybe 7-8 even smaller meals

Anthony
06-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Milk is your friend. But in general you'll just have to suck it up and force feed.

YungLifter
06-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Oh and what do you make your oatmeal with milk or water? I use milk just for little extra cals and taste little better. Also try drinking most of your fluids at the end of the meal or inbetween meals so that you have more room for solid foods, that helps me abit. After some time your stomach will get use to it and you won't have such a big prob.

KevinStarke
06-10-2005, 06:15 AM
I use water, never tried milk but maybe i should. Good call on the liquids i'll try stuffing myself with the solids first.

Drai's
06-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Just this morning all i could down was a bannana and a half cup of oatmeal, a glass of OJ and two glasses of water.

I see 2 of your problems already and you only posted one sample meal.

1) Oats are probably the most filling thing on the planet...try eating them raw if you want and they won't be as bad.

2) Don't drink water with meals. I could be the only person I know who says don't drink liquids with meals, and everyone always calls me crazy, but it doesn't make sense to me. Liquids take up valuable room in your stomach. Save them for between meals.

twm
06-10-2005, 10:42 AM
I wish I had this problem :(

Drai's
06-10-2005, 10:46 AM

lol agreed, that would make cutting so much easier

bigsethmeister
06-10-2005, 11:38 AM

LOL me too. Could empty the frige into my mouth, enjoy a couple good burps, and be ready for more.

:zipit:

SW
06-10-2005, 11:41 AM
If you're as strong as you say you are, you should know this.

WBBIRL
06-10-2005, 01:17 PM
what do you mean by that nick???

Anyway, drinking calories is just about the easiest way of getting them. I see people posting all the time about these 1000+ cal weight gainer shakes, that should put the wowzers back in your trousers.

TOBART
06-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Eat as much as you possibly can, wait about 10 minutes, then drink as much milk or weight gainer as you possibly can. Drink water constantly between meals (this seems to make me hungrier sooner plus you just need to drink water anyways).

Eating first thing in the morning is pretty much impossible for me, just makes me want to vomit. I usually start my day with a 700cal weight gainer shake, then I'm pretty hungry for solid food about 2 hours later.

KevinStarke
06-10-2005, 01:31 PM
If you're as strong as you say you are, you should know this.

who is this directed towards?

I'll try eating the oats dry, maybe that'll help

KevinStarke
06-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Haha i've always wanted to try the weight gainer shakes but im broke and they have very few servings per container

WBBIRL
06-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Very true Kevin, you could alwasy go for calorie dense food. A star crunch snack bar has over 200 cals in it, a zebra cake is right up there also. Things like pop tarts and those dry packaged oodles of noodles soups have about 400 cals per soup.

ReelBigFish
06-10-2005, 02:49 PM
hey man, looking at your breakfast, where's your protein? Like others said, lose the two glasses of water with breakfast, thats just pointless. Get your water later. If its hard for you to get oats down, switch to another healthy carb that's easier to get down. how about 1/4 dry rice with some eggwhites. and a glass of milk. or forget the milk and have it later on between your meals. Some one suggested p.b in your oats, which is excellent, and easy cals, along with olive oil and flax oil. Why don't you post up your complete diet, and I bet everyone can help.

spencerjrus
06-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Drink some milk.

KevinStarke
06-12-2005, 08:33 AM
I'll definitelly try all that, like the rice and egg whites and the natty pb and oats. I really dont like the taste of milk though, sometimes i'll use it in shakes but straight up i cant stomach it. Thanks for all the advice guys!

raniali
06-13-2005, 02:12 PM
as anthony mentioned before, you will probably just have to suck it up and force feed. all thes tricks may help to increase calories a little, but (if you are like me and just are NOT that hungry), then forcing yourself to eat is like forcing yourself to train hard and train consisently ... you just do it!

bigsethmeister
06-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Haha i've always wanted to try the weight gainer shakes but im broke and they have very few servings per container

Make them yourself!!

Add natural peanutbutter and or olive oil or other calorie dense food into your shakes. Eat a lot of fats - they are calorically rich. Try to drink as many cals as you can.

Awesome lifts for your weight by the way...

:thumbup: