PDA

View Full Version : Cutting for a relative newbie, small bits of advice needed.

Speci
06-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Hello.

I am new to the forum and just need a few BB things explained to me. I will include my current diet, and what I plan to do in the near future if you have any simple advice for me then I would be most grateful. This is the same thing I eat everyday. I work out lightly 6 days a week (has to be light, I have a throat injury :( )

Current BodyFat Losing Diet

Started at 190lbs and have no reached 145-150lbs.

Diet--------------------------------------------

Breakfast - Bananna + Shreddies Cerial bar

Snack 1 - Ham Sandwich

Lunch - 200g Chicken Breast

Snack 2 - 200g Chicken Breast

Snack 3 - 200g Chicken Breast

Dinner - Can of Spagetti

Late Snack - Low Fat Yogurt

2 Litres of Water

-------------------------------------------
Calories - Approx 1600

Approx Split
Pro - 50%
Carb - 45%
Fat - 15%

( If i get much lighter, I plan to add another 1000 calories to reach maintance by adding a footlong chicken subway to my diet)

My questions.

1) Best way to get an acurate bodyfat reading?

2) When i am to increase in size, I understand the concept of losing stored calories to get leaner, but surely if you have excess calories, you will store them thus getting heavier but lose your cut? How does this work to get bigger and stay lean. Could anybody explain this in simple terms to me?

3) I have questions about body building routines etc etc but they can wait until I understand going up.

Thanks in advance.

getfit
06-10-2005, 02:21 PM
where are your veggies,fruit? fats?

Built
06-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Bananna + Shreddies Cerial bar is a sh!tty breakfast. A can of spaghetti is a sh!tty dinner.

No veggies, and your diet is too low in fat. Hmmm...

Geeper
06-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Built always beats me!!!

Get some protein in your breakfast. You remember those cartoons we were fed as kids, where they told us breakfast is the most important meal? It is!!! get protein and carbs in there for breakfast. Good example, oats, milk and whey for breakfast. Or eggs and oats.

Ditch the canned spaghetti if you are even thinking of cutting. The sugar and crap in those will slow down any results you are trying to get. If you HAVE to eat it, eat it earlier in the day so those sugars and carbs don't sit in your belly all night.

It's not a very good diet honestly... and adding the subway foot long chicken isn't going to help you either.