PDA

View Full Version : Noob needing a non-supplement diet

thrilla
06-11-2005, 02:40 AM
Hey, my mom's strictly opposed to me buying protein, and talking her out of it is impossible.. so I was wondering on if you guys know the basics of one, and I need a detailed diet, so I can basically just go to the store and cook my own stuff.

I'm planning to start this Monday, so I'd like answers quick.

I'm pretty heavy 240 @ 5"10, and I just wanna basically lose weight this summer for next wrestling season and I'd like to strengthen up, and I wanna start now so my walking weight would be lighter.

Praetorian
06-11-2005, 02:51 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

thrilla
06-11-2005, 03:28 AM
Ty!!!

Unreal
06-11-2005, 07:12 AM
I find it easy to hit 200+g of protein with no supplements. Eggs/cottage cheese/fish/chicken. Have atleast one of those with each meal. Eggs in morning, cottage cheese snacks, and 2 cans of tuna for lunch, chicken breast for dinner. Add some beans/peanut butter/etc and I've had days with no supplements pushing 340g of protein.

Shao-LiN
06-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Hey, my mom's strictly opposed to me buying protein, and talking her out of it is impossible.. so I was wondering on if you guys know the basics of one, and I need a detailed diet, so I can basically just go to the store and cook my own stuff.

I'm planning to start this Monday, so I'd like answers quick.

I'm pretty heavy 240 @ 5"10, and I just wanna basically lose weight this summer for next wrestling season and I'd like to strengthen up, and I wanna start now so my walking weight would be lighter.

Don't need a protein powder product. You're perfectly capable of getting all your protein from food.

YungLifter
06-11-2005, 12:09 PM
:withstupi You can easily get more protein then you need from solid foods, I just use whey in PWO for some fast protein.

Built
06-11-2005, 01:15 PM
I get in 200g protein a day with ease - I virtually LIVE on cottage cheese.

J450n
06-12-2005, 04:44 AM
Hey, my mom's strictly opposed to me buying protein, and talking her out of it is impossible.

Yeah, i hear it carries a 10 year sentence for possesion these days....

Seriously though, why?

Rygel
06-12-2005, 09:15 AM
ok being a newb here and being overweight myself. Isnt cottage cheese a dairy product? i thought dairy wasnt good when "trying" to lose weight?

Unreal
06-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Cottage cheese is a staple in my weight loss diet.

As long as you count the calories, dairy/fat/etc doesn't matter. Cottage cheese is an excellent source or protein and calcium/dairy. You can use non-fat or low fat if needed. I have atleast 1 cup of non-fat cottage cheese daily, 140 calories and 26 grams of protein is great.

thrilla
06-20-2005, 01:50 AM
Yeah, i hear it carries a 10 year sentence for possesion these days....

Seriously though, why?

She thinks it'll harm my liver.. and really takes into account that "Under 18" warning.

Thanks for all the help guys..

I got one question tho.. I need variety tho.. so you guys have like a site that has that?

BG5150
06-20-2005, 01:54 AM
Are you already on the wrestling team? I would think your coach would have some good experience/advice....

BG5150
06-20-2005, 01:55 AM
Maybe if the coach recommended some supplements, your mom may be more receptive.

How about your doctor? Surely she would follow his advice...

thrilla
06-20-2005, 02:00 AM
lol, she won't believe a thing they say. She was born in asia.

Also, the coach didn't really give us guidelines for dieting... and when I played football, she got pissed at me for asking her to buy me some, the coach reccomended it.

Gotta mention that I was prescribed albuterol for my exercised induced asthma, but she didn't want me taking it, didn't allow me to get it.

It's funny tho.. she's a Nurse.

BG5150
06-20-2005, 02:06 AM
use your allowance and buy some whey and put it under your bed. Just ask her for a lot of milk (wioll she object to that?). Take it to your room, mix it up and voila.

thrilla
06-20-2005, 02:16 AM
Omg, I did that and got caught... my mom was looking for paper for the printer when I was at school and she found it.. is there a pill form? I can prolly get away with it for now since she's in out of state for a while.

Oh and for the diet.. I just need to know How much of the food i should eat.. ppl say their diets, but they're smaller or bigger.

Praetorian
06-20-2005, 04:04 AM
we cant tell you how much you should eat, it depends on the individual.

keep track of what you eat for a week (cals etc). if you loose weight, great, keep at it. If not, reduce total no of cals consumed each day.