PDA

View Full Version : Im new here and need some help with my diet

babyboy00
06-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Ive been lifting weigts for years now and ive done pretty well for my self but i know i can do better if i had a better diet.Right now im kinda strugling with my diet and i need some real help. I was thinking about taking a short period about 2-3 weeks to get in a good diet and lose some fat. Then i can start off lifting weights again but i need some help real bad.

Built
06-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Hey - maybe you can let us know what you're eating now.

I like how I'm eating - it's working well for me. Lots of ways to diet. You'll have to find what fits your needs, your comfort and your lifestyle. The way I do it is quite flexible - it's posted in the link in my sig if you want to see how I do it.

Welcome, and good luck!

babyboy00
06-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Lets just say that i have a bad habit of eating. i dont really have a routine. Thats why i need help.

getfit
06-12-2005, 09:20 PM
bad as in junk food?

it's best to post up what you're diet is like so we can help!

babyboy00
06-13-2005, 09:40 AM
well alright. Usually ill eat about 3 to 4 meals a day which i know i should be eating about 5 to 7.In the morning ill start off with a protein shake or some yogurt.Then at lunch i try to eat something healthy but to tell you the truth i ussually eat out meaning junk food. then for dinner ill usually eat some chicken or somethin like that.yeah i know my diet sucks but i wanna change that and i need some tips. Right now im 19, 5'7 and i weigh about 153. i have about between 10%-12% body fat but for me it doesnt look like it. i wanna work on loosin some fat on the belly and on my chest.

Drai's
06-13-2005, 10:00 AM
Right now im 19, 5'7 and i weigh about 153. i have about between 10%-12% body fat but for me it doesnt look like it. i wanna work on loosin some fat on the belly and on my chest.

If you're complaining about being fat, I HIGHLY doubt you're 10-12%.

Read the "What a Bodybuilder Eats" sticky at the top of this forum, and try to make up 5-6 small meals using those foods. Your goals should be to get at least 1g of protein/lb bodyweight and at least 20% of your total calories from healthy fats.

D Breyer
06-13-2005, 11:34 AM
yea man, 10-12 is a very athletic bf%... i'd get another bf% analisis...

raniali
06-13-2005, 02:09 PM
at 5'7" and 153 ... i am not sure trying to lose weight is the way to go. getting into the gym, changing your diet and then watching your body change for the better is what you should focus on (not so much the scale). i may even suggest you think about just trying to gain muscle at the expense of fat considering you think you are as low as 12%. do a search on diet and you will find a plethora of threads related to how to eat.

babyboy00
06-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Its not really that im am fat but i dont have abs mainly because i have body fat over my abdominal muscles and not only that but i also have some fat around my nipple area on my chest.when i started lifting weights my starting weight was about 125 but i have never been able to get my wash board abs or my chest fully cut up. And that is considering that i now weigh about 153 and my max bench weight is about 300 and i curl over 100. but i have still not have been able to get my abs or totaly cut my chest and i have ran out of solutions

getfit
06-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Its not really that im am fat but i dont have abs mainly because i have body fat over my abdominal muscles and not only that but i also have some fat around my nipple area on my chest.when i started lifting weights my starting weight was about 125 but i have never been able to get my wash board abs or my chest fully cut up. And that is considering that i now weigh about 153 and my max bench weight is about 300 and i curl over 100. but i have still not have been able to get my abs or totaly cut my chest and i have ran out of solutions
once again DIET!!!!!!!!

Built
06-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Abs are made in the kitchen. :(

Sorry!