PDA

View Full Version : Arch Your Back

Allie
06-13-2005, 07:47 AM
When the going gets tough...a smart ass yells "Arch Your Back!" At least thats how it works in my world. For those who arn't up to speed my last year has been CRAZY. I'm finally settled after graduation, I have a good job, and I'm officially a grown-up!

I decided to help with some stress and a little anxiety that I need to work out. I finally feel up to speed after a car accident a month ago (extremly scary experience!) plus I miss the high.

The game plan is to get moving and get some decent cardio in at least three times a week. I want to lose some more weight and get back into shape before I look at lifting. I want to make sure that everything is OK with my spine and knee after the accident and I would rather take things slow and be cautious.

Today I did 60 mins of cardio in the rain...mostly because I got lost running, at least it help break in my new pair of Shox *lol* I ended up on the other side of town

If I get real excited I might post my diet...

Favorite Music Today: Kenney Chesney's She Thinks my Tractors Sexy

Focused70
06-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Funny, I thought this was a journal about core lifts tipz.

:spam:

Stash

drew
06-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Good luck dude. Just stay focused and don't get discouraged, it will all come back.

And when the going gets tough, I usually yell "squat!"

Allie
06-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Soba: Is that english?
Drew: Dude? Has Captain Obvious ever visited you?

There will be no squatting till my Dr checks out my knee. It makes a tearing/crushing noise and has some pain. I have had 3 complete x-rays on it and so far they have all come back clean?

clvmike19
06-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Top 10 Best avatar's ever!

Relentless
06-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Nice to see ya back around, Allie.

Hope the knee is nothing serious...

And what's with the "get back into shape before starting to lift again" business?

You've been around here long enough to know that's not necessary (assuming, of course, that your injured back and knee don't limit you).

Allie
06-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Well this is my second spinal injury. The first time around I compressed my L1 & L2 and to get to normal was awful. So far this doesn't seem to serious, the weather changes bother me a lot but a little TLC from my heating pad and some Motrin usually takes care of it. I would rather be safe than sorry... for being 23 my poor body has had it rough and I guess I would rather make sure I can still due stuff when I'm older... it's not worth it to try to be a bad ass right now.

Allie
06-19-2005, 07:38 PM
After a week from hell I managed to sneek away this weekend to my friends cabin... a much needed trip. Down side of this is I visited my very first beer tent at the Michigan Sugar Festival in Sebawing. Other than that my week was right on. I didn't get much running inll... I did manage to fit in about three walks this weekend on the beach... which always feels like it kicks my ass (my normal walk is someone elses jogging actually) I also learned that a week of hard storms means lots of dead catfish...YUCK! I also have a a little sunburn to nurse now...guess thats what I get for being the blonde hair blue eyed girl that I am.

dissipate
06-19-2005, 08:22 PM
welcome to journal land allie!! :) we're about the same age too! i'm 22, 23 this year; gonna be watching this journal. when's the doc gonna check your knee and spine again?

Allie
06-19-2005, 10:14 PM
So far the spine is OK, the only thing that they saw was some stuff on my L1 & L2 from when I was 16... the knee I have to make an appointment. I will admit that I'm hesitant because everytime it has bothered me it has checked out clear from my x-rays... So we will see.

Allie
06-20-2005, 07:35 AM
One hour of cardio... pretty good today given how stuffy I am from my allergies.

I'm going to try to drive the route I run to see how long it is today.

But time for some breakfast and a shower

Allie
06-21-2005, 11:44 AM
I drove around the little route that I run, it's 2 miles. Not too far, but a decent distance and I also ade sure to keep track of the half mile markers... let the running continue. I want to do my first 5K by Thanksgiving...so we will see. In the mean time I'm apartment hunting since my lease is up in about 6 weeks. From there I'm going to go gym shopping, since I shouldn't be leaving Lansing any time soon.

Allie
06-22-2005, 08:53 PM
I have been sick today... some sort of dizziness and near fainting. Which is why I have just been making sure to eat and drink fluids and I didn't run at all today. I also found out that I was in fact homeless :( I e-mailed a friend who is over seas right now and he needs a roommate so I solved that problem pretty quickly.

Other than that I'm going to get up early tomorrow and try for some cardio...nothing too hard since I'm worried about over doing it but I feel so ehh just sitting around.

Once I move in July I'm going to go gym shopping :) I know it's odd but really is a good thing!

Nito
06-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Sounds good Allie, keep it up!

Allie
06-27-2005, 09:40 PM
So far the workouts have been good. I have been eating more and eating better stuff than usual. I decided to weigh myself... so far I'm down 5 pounds, a good number but I still have a lot more to go. My goal will be to lose another 20 pounds while still training for my first 5K. I know a 5K doesn't seem like much but I have never been a HUGE runner and I think it will be something fun to do :)